Nutella is bad food ?

Options
12346»

Replies

• witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I believe there is no such thing as a "bad food". All things in moderation.
  • ELVISDEAN
    ELVISDEAN Posts: 77
    Options
    well its much better for you then steak or chicken..so eat up
    Elvis
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There are bad foods. Over processed food is very bad for your body causing a plethora of diseases. Even in moderation you can cause serious damage to your body eating over processed food. You can eat with this all food is healthy mentality if you want to but you are only making excuses for not feeding your body. You need to read the label and find out what is in the food you are eating. I think the statement "All food is healthy in moderation" is someone way of justifying eating bad food.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as "Health Food." Any claims to be such is just a marketing technique.

I define "health food" as any food that has a positive nutritive value for my body. Nutella does not, sadly, though it does make my soul happy.....until my pants are too tight.

All food is healthy when eaten in the proper portions. Just as there is no such thing as "health" food, there is not such things as "unhealthy" food. Any food can be made part of an overall healthy diet. It's your diet as a whole that is healthy or unhealthy, not any individual food item.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    It's basically frosting.

So not true! It can be used to make a frosting though.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    There are bad foods. Over processed food is very bad for your body causing a plethora of diseases. Even in moderation you can cause serious damage to your body eating over processed food. You can eat with this all food is healthy mentality if you want to but you are only making excuses for not feeding your body. You need to read the label and find out what is in the food you are eating. I think the statement "All food is healthy in moderation" is someone way of justifying eating bad food.

^^ Fear-mongering
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Nutella is crack in a jar. It's not allowed in our home! I can eat a whole jar in one day! I have the same downfall with peanut butter, but that has not been banned. I eat PB2 instead of real peanut butter!
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I cannot have nutella in the house because I EAT IT ALL!!! Lol
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Nutella is delicious.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it a "bad food" but I understand why other people might. For me, Nutella fits into that catagory of food which "isn't worth it".. I don't like it enough to spend almost 100 cals per tbsp and all that sugar with no vit A, C or calcium, though I don't stop myself if I do feel like it. I usually have it on a waffle... yumm...
    That fruit idea sounds awesome though!! Might try that!

Hmmm, reading back on that... I think I do consider it "bad food"... but really, anything's ok in moderation and IIFYM and all that :)

ET fix typos and remove redundancies
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Nutella is a lovely food! (If used in moderation).
    I unfortunately have an insane desire to eat the entire jar when I open it so none in my house except if I fully intend to eat the entire jar.

ME TOO!! Seriously, I cannot open the jar or else I will eat about 20 spoonful in one sitting...it's bad.
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    it really depends what you are eating it off

lol - love this ;)
  • brinaz88
    brinaz88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    NUTELLA is a bad food!!!! it's sugar and full crab processed food!!! but if your nutrition goal it's not to eat clean, eat it in moderation like a treat!! but i really do preferred to do an homemade nutella no it's not the same I only use hazelnut, cacao and put a bit of stevia in. it's really not the same taste of nutella but I love it!!!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If Nutella is bad, I don't want to be good. :smokin:
    It's heaven, nirvana, paradise, rainbows and unicorns all blended together and served in a convenient little jar.
  • Hairica37
    Hairica37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nutella is made with palm oil, which comes from harvesting the forests where orangutans and other endangered species call home. Unfortunately, this, makes Nutella a bad food, along with almost all the snack items offered at Trader Joe's. Please don't eat products containing palm oil!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    If you think nutella is hard to moderate you should try cookie butter.

nutella = crack

cookie butter = crack on crack

They took it off the shelves at one of my local Trader Joe's and when I commented how they moved the crack to the front desk and now you had to ask for it, the guy told me it was because a family was buying all of them up at the same time and selling them on ebay.
  • sophiercook
    sophiercook Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    today for breakfast i had a tortilla wrap filled with banana slices, (store own version of) nutella and peanut butter. it was amazing, and kept me completely full until lunch, AND i've stayed under my calories for the day (1370). i'm team nutella all the way.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as "Health Food." Any claims to be such is just a marketing technique.

I define "health food" as any food that has a positive nutritive value for my body. Nutella does not, sadly, though it does make my soul happy.....until my pants are too tight.

All food is healthy when eaten in the proper portions. Just as there is no such thing as "health" food, there is not such things as "unhealthy" food. Any food can be made part of an overall healthy diet. It's your diet as a whole that is healthy or unhealthy, not any individual food item.

I understand your premise, but stating that no food is more or less healthy than any other food seems to be taking this position to an extreme. Do you really think a Twinkie is as "healthy" as broccoli? Maybe we differ on our interpretation of the term "healthy".

I agree that any food can be made part of a healthy diet but that doesn't mean that everything you eat is good for you to the same degree.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It has as many calories as peanut butter, but with 21g sugar (with 21g total carbs and 1g fiber somehow), 12g fat, and only 2g protein, while peanut butter has something like 1g sugar (6g total carb and 2g fiber), 16g fat, and 7g protein. So, less fat made up for with a lack of protein and a bunch of sugar.

Looking at the ingredients:
    INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, PALM OIL, HAZELNUTS, COCOA, SKIM MILK, REDUCED MINERALS WHEY (MILK), LECITHIN AS EMULSIFIER (SOY), VANILLIN: AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.
    It's mostly sugar, and palm oil.

2 tablespoons of it is metabolically similar to a Krispy Kreme donut. Don't just take my word for it, look at the nutrition facts!

http://www.nutellausa.com/about.htm
    http://www.krispykreme.com/nutri.pdf

200kcal, but the nutella has more sugar.

That all being said, if you can fit it into your diet, it's fine to eat. What matters more is your diet in general, not the fact that you put some nutella on your toast this morning.