What's the first healthy thing you did on your weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What I should have done was step on the scales. But I was too scared so guesstimated a starting weight - I regret this sooooo much!

What I actually did was try to download MFP... but I had a Windows phone and MFP no longer do a Windows app :( So I logged on to the site, and bought a new phone later. Not purely for MFP, but it certainly influenced my decision making...
  • jjalajandra
    jjalajandra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I quit eating sugar. Although, it was because I'm a diabetic and sugar seems to make neuropathy worse.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The first HEALTHY thing I did started exercising...

Coming here to MFP is not something I would consider "healthy" nor is logging food...as it is not a universally healthy thing for all...

It was a good idea for me and has helped a lot...some because of the knowledge of what I am eating but also learning from the forums what is what by listening to those that have had success and maintained etc.

• EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I logged my food. I started logging December 30 last year. That was my anniversary and we went to a buffet place. I stuffed myself, as I always do at a buffet place.

I still came home and logged my food as best as I could. Then I added a quick add of like an extra 2000 calories just to be REALLY sure I covered everything I ate. I don't think I ate much more than 2,000 calories for the whole meal, but I wanted to be sure.

The next day I started paying attention to the calories more and stayed roughly in my limits. It was three days later that I finally remembered to weigh myself in the morning though. I go by my starting weight of what it was at my doctor's office during my visit closest to December 30. It's close enough.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I got a food scale and started weighing my food so I knew I was meeting my calorie goal.
  • stacj27
    stacj27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking calories. Well, not always. I do have a bit of booze every now and again. But no more than once a month while I'm losing weight. But no soda, no shakes, no juice, no beer. The 2nd thing was I started parking farther away from stores and taking the stairs. As long as I wasn't in heels!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    1. Started logging
    2. Started moving
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    MFP and food scale. 1-2 punch
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    The first thing I did was started walking my son's dog when he left for college. Then I decided that since I was walking I should pay more attention to how much I was eating and I started logging my food on mfp and eating at a deficit. That was 2 years ago and now I am down ~75 pounds.
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Started using MFP and MMF to track calories in/out, then cut back on sodas.