Losing inches but not lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• haniame
    haniame Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also are you lifting?

Yes lifting! And i got flat abs in 6 weeks (not 6 packs) and back muscles is real strong. Let me also add that my starting weight (before i started lifting) was 48 kg and now im a little over 49 kg and have lost 3 inches over all
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The water weight fluctuations you'll be going through due to changes in diet, exercise, and period cycle are greater than the amount you intend to lose. Sounds like you're seeing the progress that really matters so just keep doing what you're doing until you get back to looking the way you want to.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    haniame wrote: »
    Sorry but muscle buildup is not a quick process

When i say quick i mean over 2 months. :)

you don't pack on muscle mass in a month or two...muscle building is a loooong process (especially in women) measured in many months (more than 2) and years, not 8 weeks.
  • haniame
    Options

you don't pack on muscle mass in a month or two...muscle building is a loooong process (especially in women) measured in many months (more than 2) and years, not 8 weeks.

You do understand that i have been in this weight loss field for 5 years now. I have been lifting for 2 months. And i beg to differ because my fiancé did get a visible 6 pack after 3 months of lifting. So talking from experience
  • haniame
    Options

You do understand that i have been in this weight loss field for 5 years now. I have been lifting for 2 months. And i beg to differ because my fiancé did get a visible 6 pack after 3 months of lifting. So talking from experience

Getting a visible 6 pack is 90% fat loss.

His starting fat percentage was 30%
    Mine was 28%
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Mine was 28%

men can build muscle easier than women because they have the testosterone but it still takes a man awhile to build muscle and in a deficit its going to be even harder to build. to see muscle you have to lose fat covering it. so if someone is seeing more muscle while losing weight its because you are losing the fat covering it. when you build muscle you gain fat too unless doing a recomp and that can take more than 6 months to see results
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Mine was 28%

And 3 months later... his BF and weight are?

I'm assuming you had a hydro or dexa scan for those BF estimates.
  • haniame
    Options

Mine was 28%

Yes both of us had that. His bf 30% weight 60 kg
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Mine was 28%

Which one?
  • haniame
    Options

Mine was 28%

Which one?

DEXA