Options
2»

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    @aeloine wrote: »
    @cee134 wrote: »
    You want to clear your mind and try to think of nothing for exactly 1 minute and 9 seconds. Any longer or shorter is pointless.

I thought it was 150 seconds?

Wrong. It's exactly 69 seconds.

You need to experience some time in MFP jail. It's 150 seconds.

You need to experience some time off of MFP. 69 seconds should do the trick :wink:
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    You want to clear your mind and try to think of nothing for exactly 1 minute and 9 seconds. Any longer or shorter is pointless.
    aeloine wrote: »
    @cee134 wrote: »

I thought it was 150 seconds?

Wrong. It's exactly 69 seconds.

Pretty sure if I concentrate hard, I can make 69 seconds last a pretty long time.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I try.

tumblr_ord6tdO9Vd1v4gw56o1_500.gif
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    taunishay wrote: »
    ZodFit wrote: »
    I use guided meditation with the Headspace phone app OP it helps if you're just getting started. Eventually I will mediate solo but for now the app keeps me focused

That's what I'm lacking for sure is focus... breathe, what bills am i forgetting? Breathe, I'm going to fall asleep

Haha I find that the app really helps with that...whats bills? As you begin to think about every bill and the thought continues. focus on your breaths when you drift off...what I find funny is when I'm allowed to let my mind think at will it's always blank..ironic

practice mindful eating and driving too. When you can ofcourse

Don't go into it expecting a change right away. It's a process that's different for everyone...but every session is a step in the right direction
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I try.

tumblr_ord6tdO9Vd1v4gw56o1_500.gif

YES