• karolynnc411
    karolynnc411 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I hate regular coke. Always have. I like both, but prefer Diet Coke
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Erfw7471 wrote: »
    coke zero had a lot more caffeine. just kick the soda habit.

Actually, Coke Zero has 35mg while Diet Coke has 46mg.

I prefer Coke Zero taste-wise.

coke zero is gone now its coke zero sugar have you tried?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Anyone try the coke zero sugar that is replacing coke zero? I heard not very good and am upset because I loved coke zero.... hope it's not another coke changing the recipe disaster lol.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Anyone try the coke zero sugar that is replacing coke zero? I heard not very good and am upset because I loved coke zero.... hope it's not another coke changing the recipe disaster lol.

In Australia it's No Sugar Coke. One of our major supermarkets refuses to sell it, and the still have zero. I don't like zero and I like no sugar even less.
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like the coke zero sugar better than the coke zero. I have never been a fan of coke (bad experience as a child) but when diet pepsi changed their formula I tried other kinds. I couldn't drink the plain coke zero but could handle the cherry zero and the vanilla zero. I tried he coke zero sugar to see what the change was and now have that too. I would say to try one and see if you like it.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Not important on a website forum focused on health and weight. It's like saying Herrs BBQ chips vs. Lays BBQ chips?

Those sodas aren't calorie free by the way. A single splenda, equal, or other comparable sugar substitute is 4 calories per gram. Acid reflux is awful and has been linked to soda intake. You create other long term issues by drinking something lower calorie and shaving 100 calories off your day.

And a whole can of diet coke contains something like 0.2 grams. 4 times 0.2 = less than 1 calorie for the whole can vs. the 30+ grams of sugar = 120 in regular.

1 pack of splenda is about 4 calories. Not zero. I know thats nitpicking, but many people don't know that. I don't know how many grams of sucralose they use per 2 liter bottle, but it adds up if you're drinking that daily.
    The four calories in a packet of Splenda are from filler material, not the trace amount of sucralose.
    You're not going to get enough sucralose from a Diet Pepsi for the calories to add up. You burn as much getting up and getting it out of the fridge as you get from the pop.

I loved Coke Zero and the new Coke Zero Sugar is actually even better. It's even closer to the taste of real Coke than before. Total win.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    thanks for the feedback on the new formula guys I'll have to try it, glad it sounds better than other people are saying
  • lichn
    lichn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero was gross, a Diet Coke is alright once in awhile. I'm not a big soda drinker so if I ever even want one I'll tend to have a regular Coke or Pepsi but Diet is a decent alternative.
  • citygator
    citygator Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can do either but prefer Coke Zero... now called Coke Zero Sugar. Diet has an after taste. Reg Coke is too sugary. Like drinking syrup.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    citygator wrote: »
    I can do either but prefer Coke Zero... now called Coke Zero Sugar. Diet has an after taste. Reg Coke is too sugary. Like drinking syrup.

For this, I find it depends on the source. Can vs "personal" bottle vs 2L bottle vs movie theater etc.

I find the times it tastes the best are at the movies; but that may have other factors involved.

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I think the new Coke Zero Sugar sucks. It’s the same mistake they made with “new Coke”. It has actually driven me back to caffeine-free Diet Coke.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My recall of the taste of "Diet Coke" is of me thinking that it is so very far from the taste of Coca-Cola as to not really deserve the "Coke" in its name. The "Coke Zero", OTOH, is close enough to Coca-Cola to deserve to have the "Coke" in its name.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Diet pepsi is infinitely better than Coke.

I have bad acid reflux and Diet Coke upsets my system more than Diet Pepsi. Plus, I like the Pepsi taste more.

I used to easily go through a twelve pack plus a liter of diet soda per day. Yes, that's 12 cans plus an additional liter. I never had any problems losing weight while on that regime. So whatever calories I drank were few and had little impact.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Shellz31 wrote: »
    I prefer diet. I think because I grew up drinking it. In general, I like aspartame more than splenda, and i like both more than regular pop. Most people I know though prefer coke zero over diet.

Ditto. I like Diet Coke.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke for preference.
    Then Pepsi Max
    Then Coke Zero
    Then Diet Pepsi

Diet Dr Pepper ranks above all of these :)
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Didn’t think there was a difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero other than the can - with the latter designed to be more male-friendly to increase sales.
    As such I’ve not noticed a difference between the two, although I rarely drink the stuff anyway.