Looking for some 1200 cal friends. Basically- short ladies :)

Options
124»

Replies

• tawhite00
    tawhite00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I’ve used this app several times never got into communities. I’m thinking this will help with keeping me on track. My daughter is getting married in February and don’t want to be the mom that’s out of shape. So I’m hoping this group will keep me on point
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'0 and did 1200 calories for awhile! I started at 167 and am currently at about 135. I'm hoping to get down around 120. MFP sets me at a 1200 calorie budget, but I've gone in and manually raised it to 1300 for the time being. A trainer I recently started working with at the gym would eventually like to get me eating 1400-1600 calories a day (I workout a decent amount), so we are playing around with that and my macros. Feel free to add me!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    All these little ladies!! :) Hi..I'm 5ft 2" and started on here in June at 145lbs. I have got down to 125lbs so far (happy to be the tortoise not the hare! lol) I am aiming for 120lbs before I start toning and building a bit of muscle. I have been losing and gaining the same damn 1lb for weeks now so I'm about to start ramping it up! Good luck to all you ladies...smash it! :)<3
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hopefully all of you new ladies aiming for 1200 cals are eating back exercise calories, since 1200 is your NET goal?

Also, for what it's worth, especially for those struggling with that goal, most people, even petite women, can lose weight eating more than 1200. I'm 5'2 and when I started MFP I was at 150 lbs aiming to lose about 25. I selected 1 lb/week and set myself at Sedentary (desk job). I was always over, even with eating back my (minimal at the time) exercise calories, but I was still losing. I started reading on the forums about how 1200 is really not necessary, that it's possible to eat more and still lose. I raised my goal first to 1400, then 1500, and kept losing and also, because I was eating more I was motivated to exercise and just move more, so I was still losing even with eating back exercise calories. After I lost about 12 lbs I changed my goal to 0.5 lbs/week, and I got a FitBit, so I realized that even with my desk job I was averaging 10k or more steps/day, so I changed my setting to lightly active. I lost the rest of the weight to my goal (and a little more) over the next several months, eating between 1600-1900 cals usually. Now I'm 3 years into maintenance, maintaining at 118, and my TDEE is 2200 because I average about 15k steps a day. Still petite, still with a desk job.

So being short is not an automatic mandate that 1200 cals is necessary to lose weight.

Good luck everyone.
  • zounderkite
    zounderkite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya! 164cm/64 kg here. Fairly happy with my weight. I've been feeling mentally unwell lately, and haven't had much of an appetite, so I've been trying really hard to force myself to eat. I'm in the 1200 club because 1200 sounds like the minimum I should be able to eat in a day:)
    Feel free to add me! And congrats to everyone on their weight loss!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Hopefully all of you new ladies aiming for 1200 cals are eating back exercise calories, since 1200 is your NET goal?

Also, for what it's worth, especially for those struggling with that goal, most people, even petite women, can lose weight eating more than 1200. I'm 5'2 and when I started MFP I was at 150 lbs aiming to lose about 25. I selected 1 lb/week and set myself at Sedentary (desk job). I was always over, even with eating back my (minimal at the time) exercise calories, but I was still losing. I started reading on the forums about how 1200 is really not necessary, that it's possible to eat more and still lose. I raised my goal first to 1400, then 1500, and kept losing and also, because I was eating more I was motivated to exercise and just move more, so I was still losing even with eating back exercise calories. After I lost about 12 lbs I changed my goal to 0.5 lbs/week, and I got a FitBit, so I realized that even with my desk job I was averaging 10k or more steps/day, so I changed my setting to lightly active. I lost the rest of the weight to my goal (and a little more) over the next several months, eating between 1600-1900 cals usually. Now I'm 3 years into maintenance, maintaining at 118, and my TDEE is 2200 because I average about 15k steps a day. Still petite, still with a desk job.

So being short is not an automatic mandate that 1200 cals is necessary to lose weight.

Good luck everyone.

I am a big believer in eating them back.. 1200 is hard some days. I lost on 1400 at the start and now I'm down to 1200.... Thank you for sharing your maintenance info. I can maintain at about 1800 on a less active day but when I'm out and about rock climbing I can fill my little face!
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and also 1200 cal! Add me if you want.
  • Corinexox
    Corinexox Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller (5'8) but I am also around the same calorie goal. Height doesn't matter... it will not affect motivation and inspiration when the thing we have in common is the same calorie goal.
    Feel free to add me! I'm a (very) healthy vegetarian
  • Kristy95831
    Kristy95831 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'1"
    SW: 198 (cringing while typing this)
    CW: 181
    GW: realistically I'd love to get to 145
    I've been working with a trainer once a week... typically doing circuit training and workout on my own an additional 4 days. She's awesome and provides these workouts as well as a meal plan. Her focus isn't calories but on getting enough carbs, fat and protein. Would love to meet other people with similar goals.
  • starrystarstarr
    starrystarstarr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Doing 1200 a day ATM:)
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    5'3.5 :) I try to stick to 1200 calories. Anyone can add me.
  • HobbitSithLord
    HobbitSithLord Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and on 1200. :) SW 159, CW 156, GW 135. I did this once before and went from 163 to 138, but fell off the wagon pretty hard with postpartum depression. You can do this, though! We're small so it's harder to see big numbers - BUT we start seeing a difference faster. There are perks to being tiny.

I have found after a few days back on my old calorie-counting diet I'm a lot better with food. I try to plan dinner ahead as well as meals and then I know how many I have left for snacking. I am sort of low carb by nature but it's not intentional, it's jut how I roll. I love Nature's Own double the fiber bread, it's 50 cal a slice and always at the dollar store, haha. That always helps me stay more full and doesn't hurt the budget, so to speak.. Also the Ole low carb tortillas are only 50 cal. I do a lot of wraps, you can stuff them full of veggies to help feel full.

Also, it's better to exercise and get to eat more if you're having a hard time with 1200. You don't have to eat back all your exercise calories but if you can wiggle in an extra 100 that makes a lot of snack difference with the right snacks.
  • hols_blue
    hols_blue Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I’m not short but the app has given me 1200 cals and it’s tough!!!
  • Louve350
    Louve350 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :) Hey!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Corinexox wrote: »
    I'm a little taller (5'8) but I am also around the same calorie goal. Height doesn't matter... it will not affect motivation and inspiration when the thing we have in common is the same calorie goal.
    Feel free to add me! I'm a (very) healthy vegetarian

How much weight are you trying to lose and what rate of loss did you select?

At 5'8 you should be able to eat more than 1200 cals and still lose.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    hols_blue wrote: »
    I’m not short but the app has given me 1200 cals and it’s tough!!!

What rate of loss did you choose, and how much weight do you have to lose?
  • 76chelyn
    76chelyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5’0.5 41yr old female
    Please if you are reading this,Add me!! I don’t know how to add people!!!!
  • beccylavender88
    beccylavender88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow short ladies. Please add me as i have no one around me who is into fitness. i really need to sort myself out and focus on losing some weight and eating healthier