Hi everyone! I lost 150 lbs using MFP and I'd love to share my story that's been featured in People!

Options
BriHealthy150
BriHealthy150 Posts: 54 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys! My name is Bri and I live in Brooklyn, NY. I would love to share my story with you and I would love to help you during your journey! Here's a brief bio about my story:

cii96b5yrgh8.png

I was overweight my whole life. I grew up eating very unhealthily and frequently. I was clinically obese, but I hadn’t made an effort to change that. I was happy. I had amazing parents and awesome friends who loved me, regardless of my size. I didn’t feel the need to lose weight. Over time, I developed various health problems, but that still didn’t drive me to start eating healthy. One day in January 2012, out of nowhere, I decided to step on a scale. I saw a number I never wanted to see. I weighed 306 pounds. I knew I was overweight, but I never thought I would ever weigh over 300 pounds. At that moment, I knew I needed to change my lifestyle, not for anyone else, but for myself and for my health.

I researched various healthy foods I could eat and I began counting my calories daily. I was living on campus at URI when I started my weight loss journey, so I was eating in dining halls for each meal. It was challenging, but I found healthier options and I stuck to them. After four months, at the end of the spring semester of my sophomore year, I had lost 50 pounds just by eating healthier foods. I hadn’t even begun to exercise yet.

When I returned home for summer break, I joined a local gym. I began to exercise, learning more and more along the way. When I moved back to school, I lived in an off-campus house and began to cook for myself. I joined a gym up there as well. By October 2012, I had officially lost 100 pounds. I continued to learn more about nutrition and fitness as they started to become passions of mine. By October 2013, I officially lost 150 pounds. I always felt beautiful, but now, it truly shone through. I felt amazing and so incredibly proud of myself, knowing that I achieved my goal. I overcame obesity. I did it.

Since losing my weight and creating an incredibly healthier lifestyle, I grew passionate about nutrition and fitness. I have learned so much more about healthy eating and exercise. I am now an American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer with a Weight Management certification as well. Now, my dream is to help others to live a healthier lifestyle. Through my videos and posts on Bri Healthy, I want to help you to live the healthiest life you can. No matter if you are already at a healthy weight, or if you’re looking to lose weight, I am here to help. I never thought I could do it, but I did. And so can you. My weight loss journey proved to me that anything is possible.

Please reach out to me with any questions, comments, or requests for support! Helping others is my passion and I'm here to help!

emff96r3m0ej.jpg

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• annie22uk
    annie22uk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done. That is such a wonderful achievement and so inspiring for people who are struggling :)
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You truly look amazing. I tried to friend request you, but it shows your page is not available.
  • jchorgan
    jchorgan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    You look simply fabulous! Hardly even recognizable from the before to the after pics! Great job, my dear!!
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    annie22uk wrote: »
    You look amazing, well done. That is such a wonderful achievement and so inspiring for people who are struggling :)

Thank you so much! That means so much to me :)
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    jchorgan wrote: »
    GREAT JOB!!!!

Thank you love! :)
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    You look simply fabulous! Hardly even recognizable from the before to the after pics! Great job, my dear!!

That means so much to me! Thank you so much :)
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Wow, wonderful achievement and amazing transformation. Congrats :) Feel in love with your smile.
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    Wow, wonderful achievement and amazing transformation. Congrats :) Feel in love with your smile.

Thank you! :)
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love your website. It is very inspirational! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    I love your website. It is very inspirational! Thank you for sharing your story.

I really appreciate that! Thank you so much! :)
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fantastic !!!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    So amazing! I hope you reach many!
  • Mamaof2getsfine
    Mamaof2getsfine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing. You look great. It's nice to see other women lose weight and then in return want to inspire others. I love it!!!
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    Fantastic !!!

Thank you! :)
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    4theking wrote: »
    So amazing! I hope you reach many!

Thank you so much, I seriously appreciate that! :)<3
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    Thats amazing. You look great. It's nice to see other women lose weight and then in return want to inspire others. I love it!!!

Thank you so much love! That means so much to me :)<3
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Fantastic- well done!
  • BriHealthy150
    Options
    Rich71bat wrote: »
    Fantastic- well done!

Thank you so much!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congrats on your progress so far here to lend my support if you need it add me