"No-Poo" Challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Jeez! I was so confused, now I realise you all mean "shampoo" - - - - I was about to tell you all to get to the doctors office, stat!!

Yup, No-poo is a movement :laugh: and it's awesome.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have oily hair I am terrified to try it. Always wanted to

wooooot plz take care of it asap
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

why do you care if they "take care of it asap" or not?
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    What's 'wen' and what's the ethos behind not shampooing your hair? PS do you never shampoo your hair ever or just once in a blue moon?
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i've been doing "no poo" since sept 2011, and my hair is the best it's ever been! i have long hair and bangs, too! i spent about a month or two doing the baking soda/ACV rinse thing, then i got off of that as well. i just rinse my hair with water, and i'm good to go!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    oh kay then. Call it a senior moment but took me a few minutes to realize that you meant SHAMpoo not the other kind..

I've cut out the poo for about 1-2 years now. maybe more. i condition about once a month or so (more ore less) with cocnut oil. I rinse my hair every day with regular conditioner. hair has never been better - nice, healthy, clean and not dry and brittle like it used to get, little to no split ends and no breakage.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    oh kay then. Call it a senior moment but took me a few minutes to realize that you meant SHAMpoo not the other kind..

you're 1 year older than my father and 2 years older than my mother. you're not a senior. :flowerforyou:
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    beyondmywildestdreams Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! I'm a no-pooer and it has worked wonders on my curly hair! I definitely have more definition and a more even curl pattern since going no-poo/low-poo. Usually just co-wash. :) Amazing on curly hair...not so sure how it works on straight hair!

I have always wanted to try this! I have cut done to washing my hair a few times a week. My hair is natural curly also what types of conditioner do you use to co- wash?

Oh my goodness, you HAVE to try this. I won't lie and tell you that it isn't frustrating in the beginning. Your hair might sometimes feel gross at the scalp if your hair is fine like mine. Haven't heard many complaints from girls with coarser hair. I thought my hair would look matted and nasty, but I have so much more volume and shine, shine, shine. Once you get your own routine down pat, which is really trial and error based on your hair properties (density, porosity, elasticity, etc.), you will never, ever use regular shampoo again.

I use VO5 conditioners (yay, cheap!) and Suave Naturals Coconut conditioner. You have to use a lot of it and really scrub your scalp so that it will make a lather and give you more "slip".

I could go on about this forever. Are you a member of naturallycurly.com? Their discussion boards are so helpful!

Thank you so much!! My hair I'd say is medium, I have 2 weeks before school starts and have VO5 already... I'm gonna give it a try and check out that website. I think you just saved my hair. :smile:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    What is your hair like, OP?

I wouldn't do baking soda or ACV rinses more than once a week, since they're pretty harsh. They're great cleansers, but any more often it will mess up your cuticle and make your hair more porous.

My hair is straight, fine, and extremely oily. I feel like I'll need to do them more than once a week.

I also have straight, fine hair, although it's less oily since I went pooless. I just wanted to say, the point of the acid rinse (I use lemon juice and sometimes citric acid, instead of ACV) is to close the cuticle after the base (baking soda) opened it for cleaning. The low pH is good for your hair, not harsh.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    For those who don't know and are interested, I made a No-Poo group last night.

Come join us in our quest for a Poo-less existence .

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15642-we-don-t-poo

:flowerforyou:
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options

on a scale of 1 - 10 how upset are u right now?
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

on a scale of 1 - 10 how upset are u right now?

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    what the hell?
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Your breath must really stink!
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Your breath must really stink!