What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    qx6kb8wcduk0.jpeg

Oooow, I like him. The book is on (almost) on top of my pile - I hope to get to it soon.
  • jhurt1344
    jhurt1344 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just restarted book one of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (Wizards First Rule)p346mfb01p1b.jpg

• webstee
    webstee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on an Anne Rice bend for some reason. I had never read her before this year and have already worked through a few series.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,314 Member
    Options
    The Drowning People by Richard Mason
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Recently finished “Imaginary Friend” by Stephen Chbosky. So good!!! Highly recommend.

Now I’m halfway through “The Running Man” by Richard Bachman (aka Stephen King) even though I just started it two nights ago.

Also re-reading “Wizard and Glass” (also by Stephen King).

I’ll give you three guesses who my favorite author is 🤣
  • Darren225g
    Darren225g Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Recently finished “Imaginary Friend” by Stephen Chbosky. So good!!! Highly recommend.

Now I’m halfway through “The Running Man” by Richard Bachman (aka Stephen King) even though I just started it two nights ago.

Also re-reading “Wizard and Glass” (also by Stephen King).

I’ll give you three guesses who my favorite author is 🤣

lol, he's also my favorite author. I actually just finished reading 11.22.63, and that was a great book.
  • Zbounce94
    Zbounce94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm almost through the new Grady Hendrix book, "How to Sell a Haunted House"

Anything Hendrix releases is an automatic read from me. This one is good, but I still think The Southern Bookclub's Guide to Slaying Vampires is his masterpiece
  • Mysticalbluebird
    Mysticalbluebird Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been reading Atomic Habits
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    back issues of National Lampoon.....

1974_110001.jpg
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Just finished Charlaine Harris' Lily Bard series. It was ok, not her best IMO. Good for light entertainment, but didnt evoke alot of emotional connection ot the characters and the mysteries were a little flat.

Reading Verity by Colleen Hoover - its good if you like a stomach clencher type read, stay away if you don't want to experience a really really dark side to motherhood.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,510 Member
    Options
    lewixnrs4ax4.jpeg
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Just finished Charlaine Harris' Lily Bard series. It was ok, not her best IMO. Good for light entertainment, but didnt evoke alot of emotional connection ot the characters and the mysteries were a little flat.

Reading Verity by Colleen Hoover - its good if you like a stomach clencher type read, stay away if you don't want to experience a really really dark side to motherhood.

I agree about Lily Bard. It was okay. I'm not huge fan of Harris, though I've read a lot of her books. My experience with her work is the only time her characters really evoke much emotional connection...is loathing. Most of her characters are very wooden. The ones that aren't are dumb. I did like the Midnight Texas and Gunny Rose series, but those characters are also pretty stiff. Mostly, I like some of the ideas/world building.
  • GlenStevens
    GlenStevens Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    kr8am2on13d4.jpg
    Just starting these
  • Sylebration
    Sylebration Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Oona Out Of Order" So, far, so good. It's not like anything else I've read and I'm enjoying it.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,314 Member
    Options
    Blind Side - Catherine Coulter
  • laurosaurusrex
    laurosaurusrex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Leo Tolstoy On Life
    dcprp8ecgti6.png

Northwestern University Press, Nov 15, 2018 - Literary Collections - 264 pages
    0 Reviews
    In the summer of 1886, shortly before his fifty-eighth birthday, Leo Tolstoy was seriously injured while working in the fields of his estate. Bedridden for over two months, Tolstoy began writing a meditation on death and dying that soon developed into a philosophical treatise on life, death, love, and the overcoming of pessimism. Although begun as an account of how one man encounters and laments his death and makes this death his own, the final work, On Life, describes the optimal life in which we can all be happy despite our mortality.

After its completion, On Life was suppressed by the tsars, attacked by the hierarchs of the Russian Orthodox Church, and then censored by the Stalinist regime. This critical edition is the first accurate translation of this unsung classic of Russian thought into English, based on a study of manuscript pages of Tolstoy's drafts, and the first scholarly edition of this work in any language. It includes a detailed introduction and annotations, as well as historical material, such as early drafts, documents related to the presentation of an early version at the Moscow Psychological Society, and responses to the work by philosophers, religious leaders, journalists, and ordinary readers of Tolstoy's day
  • OhioDido
    OhioDido Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The Bible. Reading front to back. On my bucket list.