What book are you reading?

Options
1126127128129130132»

Replies

• KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ultra Processed People by Chris Van Tulleken. Not a style of book I’d normally read, but so far it’s pretty interesting
  • Yourmomsproblem
    Yourmomsproblem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A court of wings and ruin. Book 3 in the acotar series.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Dennis Lehane - Since we Fell
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited April 21
    Options
    Just read LE Modesitt Jr's Quantum Shadows. I usually like his stuff. This one, less so. Better than his Spellsong Sorceress books but it is likely toward the bottom on my ratings list.

Also read The Cold Eye by Laura Anne Gillman and Starter Villian by John Scalzi.

The Scalzi is hilarious. He usually is. This one (and Kyjou Preservation Society [sp]) are really terrific. All of his stuff is (though, some people don't like profanity and his books may need some sort of warning).

I think I'd read the Gillman before, it's worth reading, especially if you've read, and liked Silver On the Road. I was thinking this was the third book, which I haven't read but it's the second. Very Weird West (American Wild West + Magic + Monsters). This series reminds me a little (setting wise) of Territory by Emma Bull, which I liked a lot.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,334 Member
    edited April 24
    Options
    And Then She Was Gone by Rosalind Noonan; also reading Lust Killer by Ann Rule
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    The Great Depression: A Diary
    Benjamin Roth, James Ledbetter (Editor), Daniel B. Roth (Editor)
    In the early 1920s, Benjamin Roth was a young lawyer fresh out of the army. He settled in Youngstown, Ohio, a booming Midwestern industrial town. Times were good - until the stock market crash of 1929. After nearly two years of economic crisis, it was clear that the heady prosperity of the Roaring Twenties would not return quickly.
    As Roth began to grasp the magnitude of what had happened to American economic life, he set out to record his impressions in a diary - a document that would grow to span several volumes over more than a decade. Penning brief, clear-eyed notes on the crisis which unfolded around him, Roth struggled to understand the complex forces governing political and economic life. Yet he remained eager to learn from the crisis. As he wrote of what is now known as the Great Depression, "To the man past middle life it spells tragedy and disaster, but to those of us in the middle thirties it may be a great school of experience out of which some worth while lesson may be salvaged."
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6601224-the-great-depression
  • Yourmomsproblem
    Yourmomsproblem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A court of frost and starlight
  • Hoax89
    Hoax89 Posts: 164 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    ju04g3sx44v3.jpg

• tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,334 Member