What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• TamraLynn78
    TamraLynn78 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just starting on this one. gcfbehsacmqh.jpeg

This looks interesting. Have you read the secret life of trees? It was fascinating. I listened to it during several long hikes

I have not read that but have heard about it. Will have to put it on the list. My husband and I have a trip planned for Borneo this year so I’m trying to learn as much as I can from sources other than travel guides.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,493 Member
    Options
    System Collapse: Murderbot #7
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    g8e22dnczdvk.jpeg
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    about to start reading this one, hope I like it and have the attention span to finish it lol

51ExXbIgTUL.jpg
  • meganlea33
    meganlea33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dante: Chicago Ruthless, Book 1

v462gvjlmg0e.png
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    The Container Victory Garden: A Beginner’s Guide to Growing Your Own Groceries - Maggie Stuckey

& still toiling through Grapes of Wrath... 😅
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The Woods by Harlan Coben
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    The Woods by Harlan Coben

<3 Harlan Coben!
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    John Steinbeck. The Grapes of Wrath. Chapter Twelve “Highway 66”
    Highway 66 is the main migrant road. 66 - the long concrete path across the country, waving
    gently up and down on the map, from Mississippi to Bakersfield - over the red lands and the
    grey lands, twisting up into the mountains, crossing the Divide and down into the bright and
    terrible desert, and across the desert to the mountains again, and into the rich California
    valleys.
    66 is the path of a people in flight, refugees from dust and shrinking land, from the thunder of
    tractors and shrinking ownership, from the desert's slow northward invasion, from the twisting
    winds that howl up out of Texas, from the floods that bring no richness to the land and steal
    what little richness is there. From all of these the people are in flight, and they come into 66
    from the tributary side roads, from the wagon tracks and the rutted country roads. 66 is the
    mother road, the road of flight.
    Clarksville and Ozark and Van Buren and Fort Smith on 62, and there's an end of Arkansas.
    And all the roads into Oklahoma City, 66 down from Tulsa, 270 up from McAlester. 81 from
    Wichita Falls south, from Enid north. Edmond, McLoud, Purcell. 66 out of Oklahoma City;
    El Reno and Clinton, going west on 66. Hydro, Elk City, and Texola ; and there's an end to
    Oklahoma. 66 across the Panhandle of Texas. Shamrock and McLean, Conway and Amarillo,
    the yellow. Wildorado and Vega and Boise, and there's an end of Texas. Tucumcari and Santa
    Rosa and into the New Mexican mountains to Albuquerque, where the road comes down from
    Santa Fe. Then down the gorged Rio Grande to Los Lunas and west again on 66 to Gallup,
    and there's the border of New Mexico.
    And now the high mountains. Holbrook and Winslow and Flagstaff in the high mountains of
    Arizona. Then the great plateau rolling like a ground swell. Ashfork and Kingman and stone
    mountains again, where water must be hauled and sold. Then out of the broken sun-rotted
    mountains of Arizona to the Colorado, with green reeds on its banks, and that's the end of
    Arizona. There's California just over the river, and a pretty town to start it. Needles, on the
    river. But the river is a stranger in this place. Up from Needles and over a burned range, and
    there's the desert. And 66 goes on over the terrible desert, where the distance shimmers and
    the black centre mountains hang unbearably in the distance. At last there's Barstow, and more
    desert until at last the mountains rise up again, the good mountains, and 66 winds through
    them. Then suddenly a pass, and below the beautiful valley, below orchards and vineyards
    and little houses, and in the distance a city. And, oh, my God, it's over.
    The people in flight streamed out on 66, sometimes a single car, sometimes a little caravan.
    All day they rolled slowly along the road, and at night they stopped near water. In the day
    ancient leaky radiators sent up columns of steam, loose connecting-rods hammered and
    pounded. And the men driving the trucks and the overloaded cars listened apprehensively.
    How far between towns? It is a terror between towns. If something breaks - well, if something
    breaks we camp right here while Jim walks to town and gets a part and walks back and - how
    much food we got?

• ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World By Dalai Lama XIV
  • lizrbrito
    lizrbrito Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Experiencing Fathers Embrace by Jack Frost
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    John Steinbeck. The Grapes of Wrath. Chapter Twelve “Highway 66”
    Highway 66 is the main migrant road. 66 - the long concrete path across the country, waving
    gently up and down on the map, from Mississippi to Bakersfield - over the red lands and the
    grey lands, twisting up into the mountains, crossing the Divide and down into the bright and
    terrible desert, and across the desert to the mountains again, and into the rich California
    valleys.
    66 is the path of a people in flight, refugees from dust and shrinking land, from the thunder of
    tractors and shrinking ownership, from the desert's slow northward invasion, from the twisting
    winds that howl up out of Texas, from the floods that bring no richness to the land and steal
    what little richness is there. From all of these the people are in flight, and they come into 66
    from the tributary side roads, from the wagon tracks and the rutted country roads. 66 is the
    mother road, the road of flight.
    Clarksville and Ozark and Van Buren and Fort Smith on 62, and there's an end of Arkansas.
    And all the roads into Oklahoma City, 66 down from Tulsa, 270 up from McAlester. 81 from
    Wichita Falls south, from Enid north. Edmond, McLoud, Purcell. 66 out of Oklahoma City;
    El Reno and Clinton, going west on 66. Hydro, Elk City, and Texola ; and there's an end to
    Oklahoma. 66 across the Panhandle of Texas. Shamrock and McLean, Conway and Amarillo,
    the yellow. Wildorado and Vega and Boise, and there's an end of Texas. Tucumcari and Santa
    Rosa and into the New Mexican mountains to Albuquerque, where the road comes down from
    Santa Fe. Then down the gorged Rio Grande to Los Lunas and west again on 66 to Gallup,
    and there's the border of New Mexico.
    And now the high mountains. Holbrook and Winslow and Flagstaff in the high mountains of
    Arizona. Then the great plateau rolling like a ground swell. Ashfork and Kingman and stone
    mountains again, where water must be hauled and sold. Then out of the broken sun-rotted
    mountains of Arizona to the Colorado, with green reeds on its banks, and that's the end of
    Arizona. There's California just over the river, and a pretty town to start it. Needles, on the
    river. But the river is a stranger in this place. Up from Needles and over a burned range, and
    there's the desert. And 66 goes on over the terrible desert, where the distance shimmers and
    the black centre mountains hang unbearably in the distance. At last there's Barstow, and more
    desert until at last the mountains rise up again, the good mountains, and 66 winds through
    them. Then suddenly a pass, and below the beautiful valley, below orchards and vineyards
    and little houses, and in the distance a city. And, oh, my God, it's over.
    The people in flight streamed out on 66, sometimes a single car, sometimes a little caravan.
    All day they rolled slowly along the road, and at night they stopped near water. In the day
    ancient leaky radiators sent up columns of steam, loose connecting-rods hammered and
    pounded. And the men driving the trucks and the overloaded cars listened apprehensively.
    How far between towns? It is a terror between towns. If something breaks - well, if something
    breaks we camp right here while Jim walks to town and gets a part and walks back and - how
    much food we got?
    Some multimedia enjoyment 😁
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9nuDE1SJlPo
    Or
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqhQSfFtOVE
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    @itchmyTwitch
    uggg... I'm in it too far to stop now!
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,850 Member
    edited January 24
    Options
    @itchmyTwitch
    uggg... I'm in it too far to stop now!

I’m loving it. It’s my kind of story. I’m finding so much of it relatable to what goes on now.
  • edwardpatrick1
    edwardpatrick1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Re-reading the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon books). I don't particularly like the writing, but the story is good and I do enjoy the world-building. But ready to be done so I can move on to something else.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Psalms
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    One by One by Freida McFadden
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options

She's one of my favorite authors!!! Turned a friend of mine onto her, too, and she loves her, as well 😊
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    Re-reading the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon books). I don't particularly like the writing, but the story is good and I do enjoy the world-building. But ready to be done so I can move on to something else.

Will you include his newest release, which follows the adventures of Murtagh after the war is over?
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Susanna527 wrote: »

She's one of my favorite authors!!! Turned a friend of mine onto her, too, and she loves her, as well 😊

That's awesome! I really liked this one. Might have to read another 🙂