Replies

• ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    r8k4vyqpkc05.jpg
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    @ itchmyTwitch I'm glad I never had to read it for school! This book is just a few of his essays and translated where I can understand it somewhat. It is a really short book! 114 pages 😅
    (I've really enjoyed all the Penguin Great Ideas books I've read. ****)
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    @ itchmyTwitch I'm glad I never had to read it for school! This book is just a few of his essays and translated where I can understand it somewhat. It is a really short book! 114 pages 😅
    (I've really enjoyed all the Penguin Great Ideas books I've read. ****)

Yes! I always enjoy books more when they're not obligatory. You're inspiring me
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    On Audible I’m working through Wuthering Heights.

On my Kindle I’m reading Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in the Age of Revolution by Mike Duncan

Have just purchased a paperback copy of The Care Manifesto: The Politics of Interdependence and am going to read it soon
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,315 Member
    Options
    Michael Vey series #7 The Final Spark by Richard Paul Evans
  • artsrule
    artsrule Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    @itchmyTwitch Thanks!:D I'm all about these 100 page books since reading Grapes of Wrath, haha.There's a boxset on Amazon I'd like to buy someday with 6 of the Great Ideas series books.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited March 23
    Options
    I'm reading an anthology called Fantastic Hope edited by Laurel Hamilton and William McCaskey. Some of the stories are pretty good, some are meh. I was happy to see one (each) from Sharon Shinn, Patricia Briggs and L. E. Modesitt, Jr. I was surprised that I didn't hate the one by Larry Correia (I generally don't appreciate his stuff much).

What I've recently (last two weeks) read: Laurel Hamilton's Smoulder (meh) and A Terrible Fall of Angels (interesting, promising, hoping she doesn't screw it up).
    Innate Magic by Shannon Fay, which was interesting.
    Inheritance by Nora Roberts; no satifactory closure, first in a trilogy. She usually does better than that. But...to be fair...It is a pretty good ghost story. If you like ghost stories (which I do).
    Dirty Thirty by Janet Evanovich; meh, more of the same but might (maybe) finish some long running threads. I hesitate to call them plot threads...
    The Burnout by Sophie Kinsella; good read (beach book?) and I think worth reading.

I'm also halfway through Nora Robert's Weather the Storm, which is a reprint omnibus containing The Welcoming and Without a Trace...a couple of her old novels. Finished the first, a third of the way through the second. They're not bad but not great--this was a point in time between her bad, sappy romances and the beginning of her decent work where she thought she might want to be like early Tami Hoag (suspense-thriller-I hate you but must have you romances).
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Perfume by Patrick Süskind
  • Hoax89
    Hoax89 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am not a math person, but I love the Simpsons and I like to flex a different part of my brain, so I am reading this on someone's suggestion:

6j14s6irjon6.png

It's a bit complex in parts, but a lot of fun. Chapters are pretty short so it is manageable.

I am also reading something lighter - not a complex book but a good semi-thriller that is entertaining:

mtsvr8j0rnes.png

• AdahPotatah2024
    edited March 28
    Options
    67byakhaidy5.jpg

• AdahPotatah2024
    edited March 30
    Options
    I'm going to try to find this at the library...
    Heavy Drinking: The Myth of Alcoholism as a Disease
    Herbert Fingarette

I don't know why I want to prove Oprah wrong for some reason!😅
  • jcawelti
    jcawelti Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Demon copperhead—- it’s quite good but I’m taking forever to get through it
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,315 Member
    Options
    The Amish Wife by Gregg Olsen
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    no2ovop1rdrl.jpeg

Also listening to Rich Dad / Poor Dad audiobook on Spotify - that should be a mandatory read for high school students imo
  • GettingCut70
    GettingCut70 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Power & Thrones by Dan Jones.

It is a new scholarly history of the Middle Ages.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    zpbozydxifm7.jpeg
  • mmsl4jjs
    mmsl4jjs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m reading the name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss,so far I’m really enjoying
  • Hoax89
    Hoax89 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ujw7mp877lij.jpg
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    mmsl4jjs wrote: »
    I’m reading the name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss,so far I’m really enjoying

That's a good one. He is a pretty good writer.