Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    rpbrfqaq3apk.jpg
  • imanibelle
    imanibelle Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Does anyone read around here? Besides the threads of course... this is what I'm working on now.. it's wildly interesting, I'm nearly done.

xsyv0pdalixp.jpg

I'm reading Little House on the Prairie like an overgrown child. :)
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    The woman in cabin 10. So goood.

Loved that book!

Im actually listening to it on an audio book, its great! Im on the last few chapters

I listened to it too☺

Any suggestions for my next audio book?

Karin Slaughter books are pretty good audio books. Even her books that are technically parts of a series can be read as stand alone books also.....I'm reading (listening) to quite a few of her right now.

Love Karin Slaughter! I forgot about her!

i love Karin Slaughter and she is soo cute - that its hard to believe her books are so dark in places - i got to meet her on a book tour a couple of years ago

a recent author i've discovered (and I think some of his books are available in audio) is Graham Masterton -he has an Irish police procedural series (the Katie Maguire series) that is pretty good - i've read the first 5 books in the series over the last couple of months and about to read the last 2 that are currently available

Ahh ill check him out too, love all the suggestions, I wish there was a MFP book club where we could all read a book and then discuss it lol
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Loved that book!

Im actually listening to it on an audio book, its great! Im on the last few chapters

I listened to it too☺

Karin Slaughter books are pretty good audio books. Even her books that are technically parts of a series can be read as stand alone books also.....I'm reading (listening) to quite a few of her right now.

i love Karin Slaughter and she is soo cute - that its hard to believe her books are so dark in places - i got to meet her on a book tour a couple of years ago

a recent author i've discovered (and I think some of his books are available in audio) is Graham Masterton -he has an Irish police procedural series (the Katie Maguire series) that is pretty good - i've read the first 5 books in the series over the last couple of months and about to read the last 2 that are currently available

Ahh ill check him out too, love all the suggestions, I wish there was a MFP book club where we could all read a book and then discuss it lol

are you on Goodreads? there is the ability to set up groups for different topics - wouldn't be hard to make a MFP one
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options

Loved that book!

I listened to it too☺

are you on Goodreads? there is the ability to set up groups for different topics - wouldn't be hard to make a MFP one

Ahh you are totally right!
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options

Loved that book!

I listened to it too☺

Darn near anything that Neil Gaiman has written. American Gods is a personal favorite of mine.

Mercedes Lackey is another author I adore.

Ill look into those :) Thanks so much!!

You are so welcome. Always glad to share fantastic authors.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    The Subtle Art of Not Giving a *kitten*: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life - Its probably one of the funniest/best books I've read on life in general. As the author says, we spend too much time giving a *kitten*. LOL
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Psychological testing and Administration. Text book for the class I teach......it's a horrible read and I somehow have been doing my best to make it seem interesting for my students.
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Picked this one up yesterday. Totally willing to admit I bought it just because the word Turtles was in the title. Never read anything by the author before, so no clue what to expect.

khnbh7bgn4c9.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    This, lord help me. I heard it was sub-par (at best), but I've dedicated myself to reading nearly every single book or short story this man has written.

51gI5anUHSL.jpg

Still reading this, sadly. I just can't leave any book unfinished, lol.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. I'll see the movie when it comes out next week.

And fun little thing - the copy I got from the library is so old it still has a pocket on the front page and stamped due dates.
  • TheChaoticBuffalo
    TheChaoticBuffalo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Still working my way through The Civil War: A Narrative, Vol. 3: Red River to Appomattox, Diplomacy, and Bleak House, but I've added The Old Religion in a New World: The History of North American Christianity and The Witching Hour to my currently reading pile.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Finishing up Big Little Lies. It's a little fluffy for me, so back to the dark thrillers after this.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I just started this one and it's wonderful so far! I also recently finished Alice Hoffman's The Rules of Magic and highly recommend it.

1kj3dx7rralg.png
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Words of Radiance, the second book in the Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson. I'm looooving it! Wonderful high-fantasy books. Great characters, great action, great world-building.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    I'm currently reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman! One of my favourite books.

I recently listened to the American Gods audiobook on Audible and it was amazing. It's narrated by the actors from the show and they do a wonderful job.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The Lonely Hearts Hotel by Heather O'Neill
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    listening to Just Mercy - Bryan Stevenson - imaging To Kill a Mockingbird really occurring - its a true story set in Monroeville, Alabama

reading Buried - Graham Masterton - irish police procedural
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    t2moq423sy58.jpg
  • rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Revenger, by Alastair Reynolds. Pretty good so far, I'm only about 50 pages in, but I like his sci-fi generally.