Options

Replies

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    s51i6baszyt7.jpg
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I'm about to start reading Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist.... it was a gift. Hope it's good
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Defending Jacob....William Landay. OMG great read
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The Wise Man's Fear. so glad to see this thread
    _pi3_ wrote: »
    I'm reading 4 at the moment but I prefer to read one at a time. I just have a few books on the radar and have them in different places

Number of books being read at once was very accurate guage of how stressed and neurotic I was back in my 30s and 40s. 3 was livable, could still be productive, 5 or 6 meant I was approaching catotonia! Once tried reading straight down the shelf in university library to see if I could beat Thomas Wolfe's record, during law school. I couldn't, but did get good grades that semester!

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    3lwlj27d4u31.png

My daughter Christmas gifted me this.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Happy 126th, Mr. Tolkien
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Nomadland which is about folks living in RVs due to their economic circumstances. I also just finished an audio book called a Long Way Home, about a boy who got lost in India when he was five and then was adopted and went to Australia. Pretty good, true story.
  • heatherluuu
    heatherluuu Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I read The Shining every winter, next up is Christine for my book club. I’m also toying with jumping back into Fitzgerald.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I walked to the library and rented out the Kama sutra
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    mybfisred wrote: »
    Left behind series ...im not super Christian so interesting read

The Stand and The Road are good if you enjoy this kind of thing imo.

Read those ....very good books...couldnt put them down
  • Daneel_83
    Daneel_83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m actually rereading for the 1000th time (first time being 8 years old), The Hobbit. It is still one of my absolute favorites.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue. I'm only about a fourth of the way through, but so far it's the best book I've read in a long time.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Wuthering Heights in spurts because sometimes the characters are just too much to handle. Like, can you just relax for a second?
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    In my old age I have devolved almost entirely to non fiction. Always loved history and now have time t o explore science and space.

One of the great advantages of old age, neh?
  • HoneyQH
    HoneyQH Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stephen King and Owen Kings "Sleeping Beauties."
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hour Game by Baldacci
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have lots of books started and am in the process of finishing them all up before I start a new one. (Somehow I get distracted and a book catches my eye and I just start it before finishing what I am reading.)

Now:
    The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss (it was mentioned earlier)
    The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - David Wroblewski
    Weight Training for Dummies - But this one I may not finish right away, just read off and on
  • Fififox9
    Fififox9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    I have 2 going

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America by Nancy Isenberg

I'm reading the Larson/Hornets nest too. Always meant to read the series but just read the first pre-Christmas.