First time writting here

Options
Hello guys, i'm Roxana and i am new here. I am 19 years old and i have 68.4 kg with 1.71m height. My weight goal is 60 kg, and i plan to lose 2 kg per month, so i could reach my ideal weight in 4 months. My problem is that i find it difficult to be consistent with my clean meals. I wanna lose fat with a ketogenic diet, but i find myself so easily eating bread or something sweet by night, when i am tired or stressed. It's been a month already since i tried to lose any weight, but i fell unmotivated. I am searching for support, somebody to check regularly if we have done our workouts and eat right.
O can't wait to talk more with you and motivate each other on our journey.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Roxaoxy25 wrote: »
    Hello guys, i'm Roxana and i am new here. I am 19 years old and i have 68.4 kg with 1.71m height. My weight goal is 60 kg, and i plan to lose 2 kg per month, so i could reach my ideal weight in 4 months. My problem is that i find it difficult to be consistent with my clean meals. I wanna lose fat with a ketogenic diet, but i find myself so easily eating bread or something sweet by night, when i am tired or stressed. It's been a month already since i tried to lose any weight, but i fell unmotivated. I am searching for support, somebody to check regularly if we have done our workouts and eat right.

Is there a particular reason you've chosen keto? You can lose weight eating a normal balanced diet (including bread), a calorie deficit is what is important for weight loss, keto only works for those who can use it to maintain the deficit. Also what is your definition of clean meals? Also bear in mind you're already in a healthy weight range so your weight loss may be a lot slower than you expect and you're aiming for the lower end of the scale for your height. You might want to consider re-comping rather than actively trying to reduce your weight. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • Tankthat
    Tankthat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you been testing your ketone levels. If not I think you might not have been in ketosis. When I hit ketosis I lost all urges to snack and sweets and carbs don't bother me. I also eat alot less at each meal since hitting full ketosis.
  • WildBill_CQ
    WildBill_CQ Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Roxaoxy25 wrote: »

@Roxaoxy25 , I don't know how long that you have been eating "clean" on a keto diet, but I have found it works best in phases. For 2 weeks (which will be tough), eating clean high-protein, low-carb meals... if you eat every 2-3 hours (6-8 "meals" per day) only about 4-6 oz, it will keep you from being hungry and keep your metabolism running high. You can supplement with protein shakes (make sure to look at the carb count on the label) and this may help your sugar craving. After those 2 weeks, COMPLEX carbs (non-white) can help you stay on track and avoid spiking your glycemic index. Make sure bread is 100% whole wheat (Regular wheat is just refined white flour with a portion of wheat flour mixed in (I know, I've watched it being made). ;)