Protein Chips

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
I just found recently that Quest nutrition has protein chips and they are not terrible. I mean obviously they are not like regular chips but with dip and for 130 calories and 21g protein I'll definitely take that. Just wanted to share.
lu7bz8un1riy.png

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Others' mileage may vary. I'm happy you enjoy them, and that they help you meet your goals. Others should definitely try them. I did! :)

But this leads me to my equal-time counterpoint: I thought Quest protein chips were so unpleasant that I didn't even finish my first packet. I thought they tasted like salty sawdust. Personally, I'd rather get my protein elsewhere, and save calories for a tastier (to me) though lower-protein chip.

Like I said, though, it's great that you're letting others know these exist, so they can try them and decide for themselves. I've seen them in both health food stores (sometimes in the supplements section!) and specialty groceries. Worth trying!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Others' mileage may vary. I'm happy you enjoy them, and that they help you meet your goals. Others should definitely try them. I did! :)

But this leads me to my equal-time counterpoint: I thought Quest protein chips were so unpleasant that I didn't even finish my first packet. I thought they tasted like salty sawdust. Personally, I'd rather get my protein elsewhere, and save calories for a tastier (to me) though lower-protein chip.

That^^ My son loves them, though.
  • Grimmerick
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They say "improved" on the bags so I think they are trying to tweak the recipe to be less crumbly, don't know if you tried them before or after the "improved" but if you haven't it might be worth another shot, though they still aren't as good as good old potato chips, I will use them as crackers for tuna or egg salad, or with hummus, I find they are much better with a dip or side of some kind.

I will say this though, the Lemon Cream quest bars SUCK bad, I consider myself someone who can pretty much eat anything and stand it but I took two bites of that and just no.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I found the cheddar flavor, eh... Pass.
    BBQ, not horrible.
    Sour Cream and Onion, *gag* DISGUSTING, threw that one away!

They all have an odd texture. They were on sale at GNC and decided to give them a whirl. I would not buy them again though.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I will say this though, the Lemon Cream quest bars SUCK bad, I consider myself someone who can pretty much eat anything and stand it but I took two bites of that and just no.

That's one of my favorite flavors. LOL
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    tkge32fsqu6h.png

This one? I'm sorry but this is the worst thing I've ever eaten and I accidentally ate someones spit once haha. Maybe I got a bad one, I only bought one to try it and I am seriously someone that pretty much likes the taste anything.......hence the protein chips :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    tkge32fsqu6h.png

This one? I'm sorry but this is the worst thing I've ever eaten and I accidentally ate someones spit once haha. Maybe I got a bad one, I only bought one to try it and I am seriously someone that pretty much likes the taste anything.......hence the protein chips :D

Yep. You're not the only person to tell me I'm crazy. :p
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    2z54vzjalcnw.jpg

I tried this one yesterday (another GNC on sale item) OMG, horrible! Disgusting! Awful!!! 2 little bites later then I threw it away. The texture was tough yet (hard) chewy enough like a hard Tootsie Roll and the flavor was literally nothing, no cookies no cream, hard gritty choco chunks in it. Worst protein bar I've ever tasted.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    2z54vzjalcnw.jpg

I tried this one yesterday (another GNC on sale item) OMG, horrible! Disgusting! Awful!!! 2 little bites later then I threw it away. The texture was tough yet (hard) chewy enough like a hard Tootsie Roll and the flavor was literally nothing, no cookies no cream, hard gritty choco chunks in it. Worst protein bar I've ever tasted.

I love that the BEST on the cover of the box is in direct opposition to the actual flavor, tricky, tricky.
    BTW Quests cookies and cream bar is pretty good. I like the smores one too.
  • Grimmerick
    edited October 2017
    Options
    28vjln7of505.png
    Tried these the other day, they were very good so I made my own to make ones higher in protein.
    The cookies are HUGE but then again it is 2 servings per cookie.