80 lbs to lose...who is with me?

Options
CandiMac
CandiMac Posts: 41 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
About Me:
Age 36, 5'9"
Starting Weight - 239.4 lbs
Goal Weight - 160-170 ish (depending on how I feel when the time comes)
Mom of two girls, wife to an amazing husband

I have always just eaten what I wanted without thinking about the calories or what I've already eaten that day and balancing out my day. I was famous for skipping meals and then having a full bag of potato chips and pop an hour later. It's now gotten to the point where I am not doing things with friends or my kids because of my size and lack of energy. My family goes skiing without me because I refuse to buy another bigger size of snow pants. My girlfriends have joined a parent cheer team and I won't because I know I couldn't keep up, and there is a mom bigger than me doing it. I AM TIRED OF MISSING OUT ON LIFE SO THIS IS THE FIRST DAY TO THE NEW ME.

While looking better is definitely a bonus, I want to FEEL better and get the happier and more confident me back.

I want to do a short update as much as I can, hopefully each day. If anyone is going through the same thing I am or just want to support one another, please feel free to add me or chat with me on this thread.

This is the soon to be old me, taken just a few weeks ago. Talk about motivation...

4eo8n93jkrxf.jpg

I would love to add any friends who are on a similar journey, whether it be for age, weight goal, the reason, whatever! Lets rock this once and for all....together.

Replies

• CandiMac
    Options
    Hello... I feel like I am in the same boat as you. I would love to connect and share our experiences :)

Last Christmas I hit an all-time high weight of 265 Lbs... and I was horrified. I lost some weight over the next few months, enough to fit into a bridemaids dress for my sisters wedding, but now I'm stuck at 237 lbs and finding it difficult to stay motivated. I'd love to lose around 80 lbs as well... I'm 5'7" and I'd love to see how I look without all this weight!

I'd love a weight loss buddy for motivation! !

That is exactly what I'm looking for! We can keep each other accountable and cheer each other on! I will add you if you don't mind!
  • lolobird0406
    lolobird0406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That would be perfect!
  • lolobird0406
    Options
    I should add - it's only my second day using this app. I have no idea how to add you as a friend!
  • Bebeofthree
    Bebeofthree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Brittany. I have 3 step sons 8,12,15 and my first child a little girl named Magdalena 9 months ago. I gained 60lbs during the pregnancy and I wasn't tiny to begin with (155 but I'm 5'2). Soooo, I've had this app forever and would use it speratocaly but never was consistant. Well 15 days ago I was the same weight I was the day I gave birth to my child, 214. I regained anything I lost those few months after she was born. That day I started to eat Keto style. As of today I'm down to 207 and I've consistently tracked my food also. My short term goal is pre baby weight of 155 and my long term goal is 133 the weight I was the year I met my DH.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    I should add - it's only my second day using this app. I have no idea how to add you as a friend!

I find the website MUCH easier than the app. You should get a notification that I have added you, if you don't let me know and I will try to find where you would see it on the app :)
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Can I jump on the bandwagon too?? I'm 29 and have been battling with my weight for as long as I can remember. I previously joined Weight Watchers and lost about 30 pounds and was feeling great! Then...I quit and gained it all back, and a little more too. Dangit! I'm 5'11 and right now I weigh 245. I don't really know what my goal weight is because I've never been super comfortable in my skin. I'm recently engaged and would love to feel confident in a wedding dress this time next year. The time is NOW and I'm feeling great about it.
    I'm not very familiar with myfitnesspal, I joined it several months ago (when I first gained the weight back) with my sister but I haven't played around with it too much. I'm excited, motivated, and ready to take this day by day.
    -Meggan
    (here's a picture taken about a month ago, I'm absolutely wearing a tummy sucker-inner and still uncomfortable)

rkggyqhtr57u.jpg

Meggan, a wedding is a great motivator and you definitely sound ready!! I had lost 62 lbs just using MFP in the past (using it to track my food, and sticking to my calorie limit). It really does work! Happy to have another member ready to kick some butt with us!
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Brittany. I have 3 step sons 8,12,15 and my first child a little girl named Magdalena 9 months ago. I gained 60lbs during the pregnancy and I wasn't tiny to begin with (155 but I'm 5'2). Soooo, I've had this app forever and would use it speratocaly but never was consistant. Well 15 days ago I was the same weight I was the day I gave birth to my child, 214. I regained anything I lost those few months after she was born. That day I started to eat Keto style. As of today I'm down to 207 and I've consistently tracked my food also. My short term goal is pre baby weight of 155 and my long term goal is 133 the weight I was the year I met my DH.

Way to go on your loss already. I don't know much about the Keto diet, but I know it's really popular right now. I'm doing the Isagenix just to help with an easy meal but getting my nutrients too. I just don't have time with kids and their sports, and life really!

I am actually bigger than I was during either of my pregnancies which just blows my mind. Everyone says to be patient that it won't come off fast because the weight didn't go on fast, but I feel like I just woke up one day and POOF! The scale broke bah ha ha.
  • Bebeofthree
    Bebeofthree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I knew if I didn't get control now I was just going to get bigger and that's not an option. My one hurts my back hurts and I have 0 energy at this size.
  • lolobird0406
    Options
    I try to "trick" myself into exercising. Our home office is in the basement and I try to make as many excuses as I can to run up to the second floor ... feeling down on myself? Time to run up two flights of stairs and back down again! It's silly. But it makes me feel like I'm doing something, anything, especially at 9pm when there's no way I'm about to go out for a hike.
  • Lilpeas2
    Lilpeas2 Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    We have a lot in common! A lot of your reasons for losing weight resonate with me! I'm a 39 mom to two boys (soon 5 and soon 3)! Hoping to find some support on this journey. I've belonged to MyFitnessPal for a long time but yesterday I decided my kids deserve more and I'm all in!! I decided to start drinking Isagenix. I sporadically drank it before. I don't know how to friend request here but please feel free to friend request me!
  • abstew04
    abstew04 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey! Sent a friend request. I am almost 32 with two kids and at 5'7 I am 100+ lbs overweight. If anyone wants to friend request me, I always am looking for new friends :smiley:
  • melk513
    melk513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Reading your story is almost like reading my own! I’m almost 40, have a 5 year son, and a fiancé who’s been with me for 8 years. I’m a lot different than I was 8 years ago and not just my weight. I’m so tired all the time. My fiancé is a truck driver so a lot of the time it’s just me and my son. I feel horrible because I just don’t have the energy to keep up with him. Sadly, he has missed birthday parties because I’m just too exhausted to take him...so we nap instead. I’m 5’8” and 249 pounds...back up to my pregnancy weight. I had lost all the baby weight and then some only to gain it all back 4 years later. Support is huge. I feel really alone in this journey. I would love more friends in similar situations to help support each other and share the journey. I’ve lost it before, I know I can do it again!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi wife and mom of 1, just turned the big 40

Lost close to 60 lbs before. Life got in the way, I slowly gained the weight back. Then proceeded to yoyo the 15lbs, for the past 3 years. Im a stress eater and have had plenty of stress of the past 3 years. Moving 3 times, 2 job changes, I hate my current job ( toxic environment), marital issues, deaths in the family. And I just ate my way through it all.

Ive been back on MFP now for 50 days and Im down 11lbs.

Please all feel free tp friend request .