80 lbs to lose...who is with me?

Options

Replies

• CandiMac
    CandiMac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW..just when you think no one could possibly understand how you feel and how big of an obstacle you have to overcome, I log on and hear your stories. In those stories I'm hearing a lot of determination.

Please everyone keep it coming! Lets give updates as we go to help motivate one another. So many times I have started a yoyo diet with a friend, I give up and they reach their goals. Then I just eat myself up with guilt that I could have been there right along side them the whole time. ONE DAY ONE MEAL AT A TIME!!
  • didi0601
    didi0601 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 53 and received a Fitbit for my birthday last April. It has gone on from there. Started using MFP again in June and that's when I really started to notice a difference. Have lost 10 +- lbs since June. It helps having motivation and accountability!
  • MQueen83
    MQueen83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I'm a Mom to 4 boys, with my youngest being 6 months. I still have all my baby weight plus some. I'm 5'2" and 224 lbs. I've always struggled with my weight. And now I've been dealing with severe PPD and it's been a battle the last few months. I'm doing it all on my own, and making some friends along the way would be awesome! I don't even have any recent pictures because I won't allow anyone to take one. I just want to be healthy for myself. Because if I'm happy and healthy, then I'm a better Mom to the littles that need me.
  • CandiMac
    CandiMac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to click the little star to the far right of the thread title. That will make it a favorite so we can all keep coming back to give updates and celebrate together! B)

I'm usually only using my MFP app on the weekends (I don't find it very user friendly) so I'm not on as much. But next Wednesday will be my two week mark (after Canadian Thanksgiving no less) so I'll be updating my progress. Please everyone, do the same! We are in this together!
  • Vintage_Reace
    Vintage_Reace Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've struggled with weight loss my whole life did a huge move to a new state with no job and I found a hypnotherapist, weight loss expert and life coach in one. She's helped me curb my sugar cravings, I'm eating low carb and going to the gym 3x a week. I feel amazing and happy for once. If you need tips im more than happy to give them! But I don't have anyone out here for support. So if you're looking to loose some lbs let's motivate each other!
    ~Melissa
  • Njkelley
    Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have 82 pounds left to lose. Started July 29th - down 20 pounds. I am 44 mother of 2 and wife - own my own business - work a lot. Tired of being unhealthy and overweight. My highest was 250.4. Current is 232 and I am only 5'2. Please add me! :)
  • swrhot94
    swrhot94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!!! I have about the same amount to loose! I am 41 and weigh 235 and am 5 foot 3. YIKES! I could really use a support team. Please add me.
  • Elynn83
    Elynn83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you guys and gals.

About Me:
    Age 33, 5'6"
    Starting Weight - 230-240 lbs (depending on the scale)
    Goal Weight - 150 (+/or minus 20lb depending on how I feel as I get closer)
    I work in an office setting and have furry babies only.
  • Elynn83
    Options
    CandiMac wrote: »
    I feel sluggish and no energy either. I'm tired of being tired! And I am blown away at how lazy I have become over the last few years. Thankfully I have a husband who is very hands on with the kids and does just as much as I do around the house. But I used to take such pride in my independence, I too want my energy back and to feel like "hey I'll carry that laundry basket upstairs myself" rather than knowing my husband is behind me and will carry it up. I truly think all those little things add up!

I hate coming home form work and feeling exhausted and like I don't want to do anything.
  • Elynn83
    Options
    Room for a big fat blobby Englishman with 110lbs to lose in your club?

Logging for 79 days straight lost 26lbs, got a great bunch of inspirational friends

come join us!

Congrats on the hardwork!
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Elynn83 wrote: »
    Room for a big fat blobby Englishman with 110lbs to lose in your club?

Logging for 79 days straight lost 26lbs, got a great bunch of inspirational friends

come join us!

Congrats on the hardwork!

thanks!

It's another 110 to go still sadly...

but I am super motivated and have found awesome friends here
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Elynn83 wrote: »
    CandiMac wrote: »
    I feel sluggish and no energy either. I'm tired of being tired! And I am blown away at how lazy I have become over the last few years. Thankfully I have a husband who is very hands on with the kids and does just as much as I do around the house. But I used to take such pride in my independence, I too want my energy back and to feel like "hey I'll carry that laundry basket upstairs myself" rather than knowing my husband is behind me and will carry it up. I truly think all those little things add up!

I hate coming home form work and feeling exhausted and like I don't want to do anything.

This! If I don't get my workout done in the morning, it seems to just be a wasted day, because between getting the kids set up and making sure dinner is in front of everyone and homework is done and everything that needs to be done before the next morning is done...I am exhausted and out of time! Then I fret about it and don't sleep well...and then I can't seem to get up early the next morning! A vicious cycle!
  • MareScadare
    MareScadare Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've got 50 lbs to lose! 30 yo ,5'7 about 200 lbs. I gained 50 lbs over the last 2 years and can't believe how much I've changed when I look back at pictures. I need to start now! Otherwise, I'll just keep getting bigger. Feeling truly motivated and hoping to lose a pound a week! Hopefully within a year I can undo the damage of the last 2 years. Thinking long term here :-) We can do this!
  • lolobird0406
    lolobird0406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm feeling so motivated by hearing all of your stories!! Keep up the hard work!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi my story is the same as all of you, I started MFP 2012 weighing in at 275 pounds. In 17 months i lost 95 pounds. In August 2015 when i was trying to lose the weight for my sons wedding, the wedding didn't happen. Feeling sorry for myself and my son I put back on 85 pounds in the past two years. I knew what i was doing but never got back on the scale. I didn't want to face getting big again. I only stand at 5ft tall, i give myself the 1/4" i really am 4 11 and 3/4" its just easier to say 5 feet. I weigh more now then i did after giving birth to my sons. Then my heaviest was 185 and i thought that was heavy. Wednesday i said enough was enough I join Weight Watchers. I need to be accountable to someone for me to lose weight. I know thats sad but as i have proving to myself in the past 2 years i won't get on the scale because i would rather not know, now i have too. i would love to join you all, having a group of friends the last time really helped. I forgot to mention I am 54 years old married for 29 years and have 3 grown boys, 20,25 and 27. Like i said before this time its all for me. CandiMac did you start an actual group or should i see if anyone will friend me?
  • andreab861
    andreab861 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some extra encouragement! I'm 52, an office worker, 5'6", hate exercise (but learning to like it).
    Starting Weight (sept 1) - 228
    current weight - 217
    Goal weight - 140 (ish)
    Tracking every day with great support from friends (in person and on MFP). I don't frequent the message boards very much, but would love to have more friends on my feed.
  • vanbean1
    vanbean1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too would like to join. I'm struggling and have been for a while, and at this point I need outside support. My height is 5'4" and my weight was 271 at my most recent apt. I'm not new to dieting but new to reaching out for support. Any room in this group would be great!
  • cmkeene1983
    cmkeene1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    About Me:
    Age 34
    Height 5ft 2in
    Goal weight 160lbs. First goal 200lbs.
    I have a lot of health problems due to my weight. I'm tire all the time and have had depression problems for a long time.
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 67, retired teacher...... and now I have osetoarthritis in both hips.... I'm five feet three... 195. It's obesity...... It doesn't matter what age you are.... you want to be healthy...... First..... be careful who you tell about your weight loss plan. Some people closest to you will offer pizza.... candy..... and sabotage your goal. I know of what I speak.... Next.... start small. I know you want to lose 80 pounds....but start with five...... and do this..... get up in the morning and stretch...... walk around the house if you can't walk outdoors.... Walk..... walk side to side..... but walk for 15 minutes.... Okay.... You made your first move....... you can do this.... Now.... make a food plan.... Look at MFP and look at the calorie count of your favorite foods. NO one said you can't have them... but ... moderate them..... ..... you can do this...... I've lost and gained over four years.. but now.. I'm in horrid pain... I have to lose weight before I see the Doc . I wish you all the best......... The support from one another is very helpful.