Intermittent fasting is awesome!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    A person can still eat a calorie surplus in a shorter amount of time so it generally pays to be aware of calories.
    I would wait to judge a plan after say 3-4 weeks myself. Good luck to you though.
  • MizMareedy
    MizMareedy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    wally2wiki wrote: »
    So far I have lost an additional 6lbs this week after only doing it for five days. ( Note: I have been on a diet for over a year).

I only eat between the hours of 2pm to 10pm; which seems hard on paper, but it's actually super easy.

Surprisingly, I am not hungry at all, and it's way easier than counting calories.

I drink black coffee or diet drinks to provide energy for more workouts, during my fasting period.

I highly recommend Intermittent fasting for anyone tired of counting calories .

I'm curious as to how black coffee and diet soda (with 0 calories) provides you with energy to work out? If I didn't have at least something small I'd feel dizzy and probably want to puke. I do very light exercise and I can't imagine not getting at least a little nibble of something before my walks. Keep in mind though I am very out of shape and it doesn't take long for me to raise my heart rate. Maybe that's why.

Great job on your WL so far! That's awesome!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    MizMareedy wrote: »
    So far I have lost an additional 6lbs this week after only doing it for five days. ( Note: I have been on a diet for over a year).

I only eat between the hours of 2pm to 10pm; which seems hard on paper, but it's actually super easy.

Surprisingly, I am not hungry at all, and it's way easier than counting calories.

I drink black coffee or diet drinks to provide energy for more workouts, during my fasting period.

I'm curious as to how black coffee and diet soda (with 0 calories) provides you with energy to work out? If I didn't have at least something small I'd feel dizzy and probably want to puke. I do very light exercise and I can't imagine not getting at least a little nibble of something before my walks. Keep in mind though I am very out of shape and it doesn't take long for me to raise my heart rate. Maybe that's why.

provides plenty of energy really
    Once I start lifting, I Have no hunger issues....most of the time I am not hungry for a little while after I lift....so I have to force myself to eat.

But you do get used to having nothing in your stomach.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MizMareedy wrote: »

Caffeine
  • Riverwild77
    Riverwild77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have tried it and generally seems to like it, I’ve tried several different types of diets and most likely will go back to this one.
    What I like about the idea: being able to actually plan your meals for what you know your body needs so you don’t become deficient in vitalmins and nutrients.
    I like one meal day , usually supper, you have all day to plan that one meal instead of running around all day worrying about what to do for breakfast and supper...it’s also more sociable.
  • Riverwild77
    Options
    Edit... I meant what to do about breakfast and lunch
  • Riverwild77
    Options
    I will say however that it takes a lot strategy and study as to what your body needs to do it correctly...and the others are correct it is a strategy for eating that seems easier for people like myself to control what they eat and drink.

For breakfast I enjoy my 4 cup coffe mug to get me through the morning until lunchtime along with helpful fluids such as Gatorade or Powerade...I work a physical job.
    For lunch: I clean out my coffe mug and fill it full of hot water and make me some herbal tea, to sip on the rest of the evening. It’s nice to not worry about running for lunch like everybody else does and gives me that extra free time and it saves money.
    For supper : I try to eat nutrient dense food full of protein and vegetables and carbs...I call it my body heal time as it’s rest time and I give my body what it needs to repair itself. It’s also more sociably acceptable as other people especially family prefer to have suppers together. IF also let’s your body get rid of more waste before you put more stuff into it, you aren’t constantly throwing food into your system.
  • Riverwild77
    Options
    Another warning here...people with physical ailments such as diabetes would have to be careful, this type of strategy or diet might not be healthy for them as they have to regulate their sugar