LONG RANT... but please, i need advice.

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Well, you said it yourself...you are eating too much.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    skymningen wrote: »
    I just wanted to throw in that not all people here are native speakers of English, nor do different dialects and sociolects give the exact same meaning to all words.

And in general "weighting" is a word for "taking a measurement of mass with a scale". So what you are doing is measuring. So can everyone please not pick on the fact that people can mean weighting but write measuring, even though other people only use measuring for measuring by volume?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measurement#Mass

Measuring is the more general word, weighting is more specific as it informs you about the property which is measured.

pretty sure OP's native language is English.

Yup considering they live 45mins from me (according to their profile)...unless it's french in which case they are in NB anyway and can read/speak english with the best of us...

I am not trying to harp on the OP by any means but I do hate to see someone frustrated and going down a path that may not lead to success esp when the question has been asked..and asked...and asked.

My native language is French. Canadienne Francaise pour etre plus precise! mais je parle l'anglais.

Je le pensais parce que si vous habitez au Nouveau-Brunswick, vous parlez probablement à la fois