Passion For Travelling Anyone?

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Next year I am going to visit my brother in Florida and hitting a few beaches. In a few years we have been saving for a trip to Ireland, Scotland, and other destinations for a good 3 weeks or so. I REALLY want to hit Switzerland and the Netherlands.
  • MatthewRuch
    MatthewRuch Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I work for an airline (mechanic, not aircrew), and am on my third passport book. You could say I have a passion for travelling.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,138 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my career in the diplomatic service. Got to travel to most places in Europe and Asia
  • Frannyy_a
    Frannyy_a Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Traveling bug over here,

Florida girl, spent 7 years in Los Angeles, but recently returned to Miami,

Traveled in the states- Texas, New York, New Orleans (my fav), Vegas, and mostly Cali,

Europe- Prague, Spain, Italy,

Planning a trip in January to Ireland, Switzerland, possibly Italy once again :))
  • sunitaramsaran
    sunitaramsaran Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Frannyy_a wrote: »
    Traveling bug over here,

Florida girl, spent 7 years in Los Angeles, but recently returned to Miami,

Traveled in the states- Texas, New York, New Orleans (my fav), Vegas, and mostly Cali,

Europe- Prague, Spain, Italy,

Planning a trip in January to Ireland, Switzerland, possibly Italy once again :))

wow!!! totally amazing
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Travelled a fair bit with work - US, France, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Hungary and recently turned down a 24 month project in Japan

For leisure have been to US, Spain, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, France, Turkey, Greece
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I want to travel more, dh doesn't care to. He could park himself in front of the tv until his expiration date and remain perfectly happy. :(

I live in Vt. and have traveled through all of New England, down the east coast to Florida, love the coast of Maine, and the mountains of NC, would like to tour some of Boston's historic and museum places but absolutely detest driving in that city. Traveled to Rochester, NY a lot(dh's family is from there), saw Niagara Falls. Have been to Canada somewhat. Only international trip I've made was Iceland last fall and I loved it!! But then, don't have a lot to compare it to. :/

Places I'd love to go....
    Alaska
    Nova Scotia
    Oregon/Washington area
    Denmark, Finland, Sweden
    Ireland, Scotland, England
    Haha, guess I'll hunt for some scenic views on youtube. :)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I love to travel. Domestic is cool but international is more fun. I love trying the local foods, seeing exotic animals, snorkeling if there is a beach, etc. My favorite places so far are Crete, Greece, Bocas del Toro, Panama, and Costa Rica.
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't like to travel unless it to the grocery store. I love to travel there, but i been all over the east coast. An some west. If i leave the country. You will probably not see me again
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have a serious travel bug and caught it on my first overseas trip at 17yrs old and not stopped since. First place was New Zealand, who can't fall in love with the beauty of that place? :) Then Fiji, Vanuatu both in the south Pacific then Bali. Greek islands and mainland interior for a 5 week long honey moon and Singapore on the way home. Hong Kong. All over Europe 3 times last time visiting England, Ireland and Wales as well. Thailand. Malaysia. We live in Australia so seen a fair bit of it too. Itching to get to Japan/Tahiti or Vietnam maybe next.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I have a serious travel bug and caught it on my first overseas trip at 17yrs old and not stopped since. First place was New Zealand, who can't fall in love with the beauty of that place? :) Then Fiji, Vanuatu both in the south Pacific then Bali. Greek islands and mainland interior for a 5 week long honey moon and Singapore on the way home. Hong Kong. All over Europe 3 times last time visiting England, Ireland and Wales as well. Thailand. Malaysia. We live in Australia so seen a fair bit of it too. Itching to get to Japan/Tahiti or Vietnam maybe next.

What's with NZ? So many people hype that place up. I'm 100% sure it doesn't have anything North America doesn't have, just everything is condensed into a smaller area. I.e. you could be snowboarding in the mountains one minute and then swimming at a beach a couple hours later.

I've not been to North America so have no idea all I know it's like a little bit of Switzerland looks wise with gorgeous lakes, mountains and friendly people. Guess someone that has been to both can compare better than you or I.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Graciousa
    Sao Miguel
    Dominican Republic
    The Cayman Islands
    Jamaica
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Guyana- not Ghana —Guyana
    Florida- every so often I love Orlando and Miami 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
    New York- once a year for fam

Heading to Portugal soon.

I want to visit Egypt and Italy for Pompeii
  • vanityy99
    Options
    I don’t know some people have to work a full time job and pay for housing, car, food, insurance and utilities and stuff. And then maybe save for a rainy day in case you have to have some knuckle tattoos lasered off or bail your drunken son out of jail or something.

Where I’m from...Some people have 2- 3 weeks vacation pay per year.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I don’t know some people have to work a full time job and pay for housing, car, food, insurance and utilities and stuff. And then maybe save for a rainy day in case you have to have some knuckle tattoos lasered off or bail your drunken son out of jail or something.

We get 4 weeks off a year here. Do go to Pompeii it's great, take lots of water and comfy shoes and the main feature is right at the back of it all where you can see the remains of those that died. Very sad.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »

We get 4 weeks off a year here. Do go to Pompeii it's great, take lots of water and comfy shoes and the main feature is right at the back of it all where you can see the remains of those that died. Very sad.

Thank ya.
    It’s sad but so interesting right?
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Depends if you are interested in seeing history I guess.