Ask me anything you wish

Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    @Caporegiem can you explain a 401K to me? I mean, I know what it is obviously, but can you explain it, like you're talking to a child.

I most certainly can, think of it as mutant cookies. What is a mutant cookie you say? It's a cookie that gets put away in an R2D2 cookie jar and you can't open that cookie jar until you're old. Sounds terrible right? No! While in the R2D2 cookie jar, the mutant cookie grows over the years and forms more mutant cookies. As you continue adding your own mutant cookies to this jar, the newly formed mutant cookies grow faster and faster. You do this for many years until you get to 59-1/2 years old, where you can then take the cookies out of the R2D2 cookie jar. If done right you'll be taking way more cookies out of the R2D2 cookie jar than you put in. Of course the government loves cookies so they're going to take a portion of them, but you'll still have enough left to trade them in for an RV and a fanny pack. Enjoy retirement!

The government won’t steal your Roth cookies though. Or its mutant cookie offspring. So that’s an excellent option as well, especially for someone as young as meeseeks
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    @Caporegiem can you explain a 401K to me? I mean, I know what it is obviously, but can you explain it, like you're talking to a child.

I most certainly can, think of it as mutant cookies. What is a mutant cookie you say? It's a cookie that gets put away in an R2D2 cookie jar and you can't open that cookie jar until you're old. Sounds terrible right? No! While in the R2D2 cookie jar, the mutant cookie grows over the years and forms more mutant cookies. As you continue adding your own mutant cookies to this jar, the newly formed mutant cookies grow faster and faster. You do this for many years until you get to 59-1/2 years old, where you can then take the cookies out of the R2D2 cookie jar. If done right you'll be taking way more cookies out of the R2D2 cookie jar than you put in. Of course the government loves cookies so they're going to take a portion of them, but you'll still have enough left to trade them in for an RV and a fanny pack. Enjoy retirement!

The government won’t steal your Roth cookies though. Or its mutant cookie offspring. So that’s an excellent option as well, especially for someone as young as meeseeks

This is certainly true. With a Roth R2D2 cookie jar, you put in post-tax cookies and when you hit RV and chill age, you aren't taxed for those cookies. There are limits to how many cookies you can put in the jar per year with this route.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    @Caporegiem how many Tiffanys do you have under your belt?

Pardon the expression

The literal meaning of having something under your belt is having it in your stomach. So more Tiffany's have me under their belt than I have them under mine.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Pardon the expression

The literal meaning of having something under your belt is having it in your stomach. So more Tiffany's have me under their belt than I have them under mine.

:joy::joy::joy:
  • caco_ethes
    Options

This is certainly true. With a Roth R2D2 cookie jar, you put in post-tax cookies and when you hit RV and chill age, you aren't taxed for those cookies. There are limits to how many cookies you can put in the jar per year with this route.

The limits are the same for both trad and Roth 401ks. And most people don’t max them out as they are currently $18,000. But if a person would bust their balls to contribute the max for just a few years when they’re young, they almost don’t even need to contribute again and the interest will take care of the rest.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    @SEAHORSES4EVER to what exercises do you attribute your skinny *kitten* ankles?
  • Caporegiem
    Options

The limits are the same for both trad and Roth 401ks. And most people don’t max them out as they are currently $18,000. But if a person would bust their balls to contribute the max for just a few years when they’re young, they almost don’t even need to contribute again and the interest will take care of the rest.

Was completely unaware traditional 401k had a max yearly contribution. Then again I'm nowhere near hitting that contribution limit either. Just let me feel good about maxing out my Roth IRA yearly.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Was completely unaware traditional 401k had a max yearly contribution. Then again I'm nowhere near hitting that contribution limit either. Just let me feel good about maxing out my Roth IRA yearly.

Same :lol:
  • Caporegiem
    edited October 2017
    Options

Pardon the expression

FFS

I had a much different answer prepared, but go figure I decide to look up the origin of that expression and bam! Mind straight to the gutter.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    @cee134 when were you first inspired by @MeeseeksAndDestroy ‘s thespianism?

Well it started here and he made it MFP friendly

rykdvwl2j7e7.png

And this joke has stretched on for 7 months?! :smiley:
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    cee134 when were you first inspired by MeeseeksAndDestroy ‘s thespianism?

Well it started here and he made it MFP friendly

rykdvwl2j7e7.png

And this joke has stretched on for 7 months?! :smiley:

Oh yes. Some jokes span years

I’m still such a noob
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Do you write your own number down in truck stop bathrooms on the “call for a good time” wall?

@_Captivated_

Using your number of course.