198 lbs lost in a little over a year :D

Options
AnthonyKolka
AnthonyKolka Posts: 74 Member
When I started my weight loss journey I was miserable. To make matters worse, standard dieting and exercise was proving to be less than effective. I went to the doctor and they tried to push me into bariatric surgery. I REALLY didn't want to go there.
So I asked them "What is it specifically that makes bariatric surgery successful? What about a smaller stomach makes you lose weight." They responded "Essentially it forces you to only be able to consume 700-800 calories a day." So that gave me my action plan, I thanked them and left the office.
I am a vegetarian, have been for almost 7 years. I began searching for the most nutritionally dense low calorie vegetarian foods I could find. I made a requirement of never eating more than 3g of sugars in any meal. I decided that eating 4 meals a day at minimum would be best so each meal had to be under 200 calories.
My diet for over nine months was 800 calories a day, it mainly consisted of spirutein shakes and protein bars. I made sure to eat one "real" cooked meal a day. I use a lot of vitamins. I worked out, cardio only twice a week. The weight started melting. Now that I am at my goal weight I am going to focus on maintenance and building up some muscle to fill all this loose skin :)

Before:
ddGZsbv.jpg
Vegb9hm.jpg
3y0e1v1.jpg

After:
hzIQbqN.jpg
ClBZ9RU.jpg?1 (ignore the dirty mirror lol.

I will post better pics later :)

Replies

• Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look fantastic!
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look so different! Congratulations on losing so much! Good luck with the skin!!
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options
    Wow!! You look so different! Congratulations on losing so much! Good luck with the skin!!

Thanks, I know it is going to be more of a challenge than anything I have done yet.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    How inspiring and glad that you tried doing it on your own....You should be very happy and proud of your results...
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing..great job!!
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options
    You should be very happy and proud of your results...

I am! Good luck with yours! :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely astounding! Congratulations to you, and your will-power is a testament to your determination!
  • healthy_momof3
    Options
    OMG!!!!!! You have clearly worked so hard and have completely dedicated yourself to your new lifestyle. Absolutely AMAZING!!!!
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    OMG! You look amazing!!! And I'm in awe of your dedication!!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but this is not the same person!! Who's before pic did you steal? (awesome work).
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Looks like a completely new man!!! Way to go!!! I think a lot of times doctors prescribe the "quick fix". Way to go for standing ground! You look fabulous! Good luck with your future endeavors!!
  • Juka80
    Juka80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    phenomenal!!! you should be so proud of yourself :happy:
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options
    I should have added this, the hardest part now is convincing myself that I am not pigging out as I slowly add more calories into my diet. :)
  • tameroo2
    tameroo2 Posts: 21
    Options
    I began searching for the most nutritionally dense low calorie vegetarian foods

What did you find that met this criteria? Which specific foods?
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Outstanding sir! Did losing weight give you a spiffier hairdo or was that done separately? :laugh:
  • Danette73
    Danette73 Posts: 76
    Options
    WOWWWWWWWWW you look amazing!!! Totally different person.. CONGRATS on an awesome job and for the inspiration and for sticking to your guns when the "professionals" always want to go the easier way!!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow wow wow! amazing!!!
  • blackbutterfly78
    blackbutterfly78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    wow.....good work...
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!