Wolf whistle
  • vbsasha
    vbsasha Posts: 1
    Options
    Im so lost does this site really help?
  • k_hood
    k_hood Posts: 7
    Options
    Tracking everything you eat through a program like myfitnesspal is real benefit to keeping yourself honest with yourself and forcing that discipline.

QFT!

Bravo and congratulations on the new you!!
  • nancyhall18
    Options
    Doesn't it feel GREAT!!! WTG. :smokin:
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Amazing success. Well done!
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Nothing short of amazing! Congrats on this incredible accomplishment. :drinker:
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    damn, that's awesome. great job!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

The best part of this is that it was a VLCD, one that most people would claim puts you in "Starvation Mode".

This goes to show that regardless of what other people think/believe, different things work for different people.

I'm so happy for you! That's a huge accomplishment, you should be seriously proud of yourself.
  • AnthonyKolka
    AnthonyKolka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look great!

I went to my metabolic doctor today and asked about the sleeve. She said it's an option, but she would really want me to do it on my own. Reading your story is very inspiring and I know that if you can do it and you had more to lose than I do, I can do it too!

Yes you can! All you need is some willpower and water. :) Good luck!
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options
    Congratulations!

The best part of this is that it was a VLCD, one that most people would claim puts you in "Starvation Mode".

This goes to show that regardless of what other people think/believe, different things work for different people.

I'm so happy for you! That's a huge accomplishment, you should be seriously proud of yourself.

That's what I always say to people. There is no one true way to weight loss. Starvation mode only happens if you are nutrient deficient anyway, and I am 100% confident that my 800 calorie a day diet had more vitamin and nutritional content than the average americans 3k a day diet.
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You did a terrific job good for you. You took the ball and ran with it i had a girl who worked with me eh died after she had that surgery you are to be commended a success story you are giving others such Hope
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You are one handsome devil! Congrats on your success and I wish you well on your goal of building muscle!
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options
    You are one handsome devil! Congrats on your success and I wish you well on your goal of building muscle!

:blushing: Thanks
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

That's what I always say to people. There is no one true way to weight loss. Starvation mode only happens if you are nutrient deficient anyway, and I am 100% confident that my 800 calorie a day diet had more vitamin and nutritional content than the average americans 3k a day diet.

Interesting. How many grams of carbs, fat, and protein would you say you ate throughout this period. I know you mentioned around 70ish grams of protein. Do you know if you were in a ketogenic state throughout your weight loss?
  • Zoonjse
    Zoonjse Posts: 1
    Options
    That's amazing man! Your a hero! Very good job.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile:
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    While William Dafoe always kind of gave me the heebie jeebies, (first saw him as the Green Goblin in Spiderman so that could be why. Yes, I'm a youngin) I think you look incredible and you should be very proud of yourself for taking control of your life when you needed to and proving to the doctors that you didn't need surgery. Bravo.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow! I would not recognize you from your old pictures to now!! Excellent job! My doctor tried pushing bariatic surgery on me too and I just didn't want to go there so I have been doing it on my own too. Your story is very inspirational! Thank you!
  • trbarnerdavis1
    trbarnerdavis1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!! This is awesome and very inspiring. Cardio two times a week seems very manageable for someone who doesn't (and doesn't particularly like) to work out
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!