Coffee lover anyone???

Options
I am sorry but as much as 'experts' says to cut coffee out.. i cannot!!!! However i have reduced my intake to only one cup per day and thats for breakfast.. i do add a little sugar but thats it... no milk or creamer ect.. One cup per day can't hurt.. right??????

Replies

• AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I love coffee. Like, seriously, I love it so much. And I only drink one cup a day, hehe. I think it's perfectly fine. :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but as much as 'experts' says to cut coffee out.. i cannot!!!! However i have reduced my intake to only one cup per day and thats for breakfast.. i do add a little sugar but thats it... no milk or creamer ect.. One cup per day can't hurt.. right??????

I like coffee, but definitely not in an addictive way. Not screaming for it everyday. Doesn't matter if a whole day goes by without it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Find smarter experts. Nothing wrong with coffee in reasonable amounts. I do 24 to 32 ounces of nice organic Columbian or Bolivian every morning before my workout. Can't imagine why anyone would say it's an issue in a reasonable amount.
  • coffeeneyeliner
    coffeeneyeliner Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! I'll drink a 26oz iced coffee with a splash of skim milk and splenda every morning.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I also drink my coffee black on weekdays. 0 cals in most cases.
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I drink two or three "real" cups and several decaf cups a day and have lost just fine. Won't do without it.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Lately, it seems like the experts are saying coffee is good for you, especially the caffeinated kind. Adding sugar to it, however, is not good for you. So stick to good ol' Folgers and stay away from Starbucks and you'll be fine.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

Confession: I am passionate enough about good coffee that I buy my beans green, roast them with a tabletop roaster and use a Burr Grinder and a Kona Pot to brew. You will have a hard time finding a better, fresher tasting cup of coffee than you can get in my kitchen. Not saying it's not possible but....
    I've been roasting for over 10 years and have learned the skills to bring the best out of the beans I buy.

@mmapags do you roast your coffee every day, or do several days worth at a time? Mind sharing more about your tabletop roaster? We tried roasting in the oven a couple times, and the coffee was delicious but the process was very fiddly. We definitely need a lot more practice.
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Drink at least 2 cups a day with a splash of half and half. No way I am giving that up.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Those "experts" don't know what they are talking about - I have a few cups per day - black & so do my 91 year old parents - Eastcoast Jim
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    beaglady wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »

Confession: I am passionate enough about good coffee that I buy my beans green, roast them with a tabletop roaster and use a Burr Grinder and a Kona Pot to brew. You will have a hard time finding a better, fresher tasting cup of coffee than you can get in my kitchen. Not saying it's not possible but....
    I've been roasting for over 10 years and have learned the skills to bring the best out of the beans I buy.

@mmapags do you roast your coffee every day, or do several days worth at a time? Mind sharing more about your tabletop roaster? We tried roasting in the oven a couple times, and the coffee was delicious but the process was very fiddly. We definitely need a lot more practice.

We roast every other day. The roaster is the FreshRoast SR300. but I'd recommend getting the FreshRoast SR 500 for about $170. It lets you adjust both time and temp. The SR300 only time. Just a little more control of the variable for about an extra $50. I'm kinda waiting on my 10 year old one to die and get the SR500 but no luck so far. Lol

It only takes about 6 or 7 minutes and all you do is put in 4 scoops of green beans, set time and temp and hit start. It has a cooling system for the end of the process so the beans don't overroast and a chaf catcher. It's super easy. Good organic fair trade coffee goes for about $15 per lb. I buy green beans for about 1/2 that + shipping. I figured the payback on my roaster was about 10 months and been having great coffee for the last 9 years or so for about $7 or $8 per lb. I buy nothing but organic fair trade micro lots with high cupping scores.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like info on the best vendors for the roaster and the beans.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    Lately, it seems like the experts are saying coffee is good for you, especially the caffeinated kind. Adding sugar to it, however, is not good for you. So stick to good ol' Folgers and stay away from Starbucks and you'll be fine.

I don't understand -- do you think Folgers is the only way to get coffee without sugar?

I don't put sugar in my coffee (never have -- absolutely can't stand sugar ruining coffee) and I still have plenty of choices at Starbucks and other coffee shops when I'm out and about (cold brew, hot and iced americanos, hot and iced lattes, flat whites-- even regular coffee or iced coffee at places other than Starbucks, where it always tastes like it's been sitting on a burner for seven or eight hours, unless they have a clover machine). And I can brew a wonderful cup of black coffee at home without having to use Folgers.