Coffee lover anyone???

Options

Replies

• stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Once, while I was laid up at my parent's home recovering from surgery, I found a book written by an "expert doctor" discussing hundreds of ailments, & the one and only cure for all of them... coffee enimas. That's right.. Strep throat? Coffee enima. Pneumonia? Coffee enima. Fatty Liver? Coffee enima. Ingrown toenail? Coffee enima!! My take on this, enjoy your coffee without fail every day, because it could certainly be worse. And, of course, take the words of "experts" with a grain of salt (or spoonful of sugar & cream)
  • isay808
    isay808 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love my morning coffee ☕️. I do intermittent fasting and it's the best way to hold my fast without adding calories. My second cup is with my first meal of the day, nice and creamy. I have lost 10 lbs in the last couple of weeks and coffee hasn't affected in a negative way. Cheers :)
  • lil_moniQ
    lil_moniQ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Actually, there is no problem with coffee. I drink one cup for breakfast too. As long as you omit sugar and milk, it should be fine...
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh I LOVE coffee. I like to drink it when there's no noise and there's no one talking to me. Most of the time that isn't possible but it's my preference. I don't know whether it's good for us or bad for us but interrupted sleep every night and three small people talking to me everyday ALL day means I. NEED. COFFEE.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I love strong black coffee. But I also like to add some creamer.
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The only thing unhealthy about coffee is perhaps my attitude towards it! Give me the coffee and everything will be ok!
  • thunderchild007
    thunderchild007 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I drink gallons of coffee everyday, I would go on murderous rampages at work if I didn't (I works with some proper numpties)
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Love me some coffee! I have at least 3 large mugs of caffeine coffee a day, with a 1/4 cup of soy milk in each and usually a couple of decafs in the evening (at the age I can no longer sleep with caffeine in my system after 5pm).

Experts smexperts... no one's making me give up my coffee!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    2-3 cups a day every day. Black, of course.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I drink anything from 3 to 8 coffees a day, and Im not talking about cups........Im talking about my bestest XL mug

strong and black
  • AidenT94
    AidenT94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work my coffee into my calorie goals almost every day... if not coffee, a Monster Rehab also does the trick. (Assistant Manager at a busy convenience store with a rotating schedule means I *need* my caffeine in the morning)
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I teach for a living. Cutting out coffee would lead to a very real safety issue for the children around me.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The same people who say you need to cut out coffee are probably willing to sell you a shake/smoothie package that will make you lose weight quick and immediately increase your energy levels.
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 cups of coffee with FF half and half and stevia everyday. I have no regrets and look forward to drinking it everyday :-)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am a coffee expert. If you should choose to cut coffee out, that leaves more for me. Thank you. I measure my intake in pounds. I drink almost 3 pounds of coffee each weekday, and at least 4 pounds of coffee on weekends. Weekdays it's black. Weekends it's infused with cinnamon, and really nice.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with 2 tsp sugar and 2 tbls half and half. It is 70 calories and I have 2 every day. I lost ~75 pounds drinking coffee everyday and I have no plans to stop drinking it now.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I once mentioned to my gastroenterologist that I stopped drinking coffee, and he said, "Why on earth would you do a thing like that? I would never quit coffee. Drink it if you want to." I'll take the advice that comes from a man who has taken very good care of me.
  • MizMareedy
    MizMareedy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I keep a Yeti with me at the office. Indoors and sedentary makes me very sleepy. I have recently limited myself to 1 iced coffee per day instead of 3+. I'm replacing them with water. It's VERY hard - but it saving me TONS of calories from creamer.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love mine with a little stevia and cinnamon. If I'm feeling froggy I'll add a dash of real vanilla extract. Sometimes I'll use a sip of a protein drink or powder for 'creamer'. For me, if it's real, GOOD coffee-- I don't want much added to it.