Coffee lover anyone???

Options
13»

Replies

• hcj919
    hcj919 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One thing I decided to not compromise on is having my cup of French Press Coffee. I add the tablespoon of half n half to my diary. However, since I started exercising, my normal 2-3 cups has gone down to just one. There are also some days that I skip my coffee and just drink ice water. I find that I am not craving it as much anymore.

All in all, coffee is fab!!!

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but as much as 'experts' says to cut coffee out.. i cannot!!!! However i have reduced my intake to only one cup per day and thats for breakfast.. i do add a little sugar but thats it... no milk or creamer ect.. One cup per day can't hurt.. right??????

Who says to cut coffee out? Coffee is actually chalk full of antioxidants and minerals like potassium. Too much caffeine can be an issue if you have high blood pressure, etc...but even then it's temporary unless you're guzzling the stuff all day.

I have high blood pressure and my wife and I split a pot every morning...I'm doing just fine. We buy really good quality coffee and just drink it black unless my wife gets a dark roast then I have to cut it with some milk or 1/2 and 1/2 if we have it around.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    My day is ruined if I don't start it with coffee. I use that morning coffee as a delivery mechanism for macro-nutrients (it is my breakfast). Depending on what my goals and needs are, I might put protein powder in it if I need more protein or perhaps butter or HWC if I need more fat. I avoid carbs and sugar, but if that is something you need, then it makes sense to me to add it to coffee.
  • halfmill1
    halfmill1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I actually started drinking coffee when I started the weight loss journey in feb. I am down 60 pounds. I use creamer and sugar and have two cups a day. Coffee helps keep me feeling full and I look forward to having it. I have one around noon and one around 5-6.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Lately, it seems like the experts are saying coffee is good for you, especially the caffeinated kind. Adding sugar to it, however, is not good for you. So stick to good ol' Folgers and stay away from Starbucks and you'll be fine.

I don't understand -- do you think Folgers is the only way to get coffee without sugar?

I don't put sugar in my coffee (never have -- absolutely can't stand sugar ruining coffee) and I still have plenty of choices at Starbucks and other coffee shops when I'm out and about (cold brew, hot and iced americanos, hot and iced lattes, flat whites-- even regular coffee or iced coffee at places other than Starbucks, where it always tastes like it's been sitting on a burner for seven or eight hours, unless they have a clover machine). And I can brew a wonderful cup of black coffee at home without having to use Folgers.

I also wonder why it was posted. I drink Starbucks dark roast black, no sugar. I may get it at a Starbucks, from my Keurig or brewed in a percolator (vacation time in the trailer), but no idea why Folgers would be better. I don't like Folgers.

But I don't like Timmy's either so that makes me a bad Canadian.
  • packedwgrace50
    packedwgrace50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in, love my coffee!! LOL I figure if this is the only time I put use sugar, little bit, and or creamer, Im good !
    I can't give up my coffee!
    I like it strong. Try to cut it off by 6pm.
    Anyone on here having trouble losing, at pre mentaposual? I turned 50, and can't loose! uggg! Not as easy anymore.
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have two cups of coffee every other day. I find that if I drink it daily, I become physically dependent and suffer mild headache and sluggishness if I'm unable to have it for whatever reason (camping trip/power outage). If I hold it to every other, I'm able to skip two days in a row without difficulty. And if I had coffee yesterday, but I'm feeling tired and crabby and really want it today, then I'll go ahead and have it two days in a row. I don't overthink it, but I'm glad I don't "need" it daily; this frees me up to enjoy it more.

I eat plenty of sweet things, so over the past two months I've trained myself to drink coffee black, or with cinnamon, and/or a splash of cream, but no sugar. And I don't find myself wishing I had sugar unless the coffee is lousy, in which case I don't drink that coffee and instead put it off until I have an opportunity to get a better brew.

So I guess I limit myself to some degree, but I'd never give it up!
  • AlexandreaLeann
    AlexandreaLeann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know a guy who used to be a trainer and he drinks a huge cup of black everyday before working out! I say it's fine! I will never cut out my daily coffee :)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Actually, the pendulum has swung toward coffee being healthy. I drink it completely plain, 2 cups every morning. Unless you have a medical condition that makes it unhealthy for you, indulge,
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My co-workers would not want to be around me in the mornings if it weren’t for my 30 oz Yeti filled to the rim with my Dunkin’ Donuts donut shop flavored coffee. I wouldn’t want to be around them either. It’s for their own safety! See, coffee is a great thing! Keeps folks alive!