Egg fast

Replies

• Pumpkin34_160
    Pumpkin34_160 Posts: 40 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I sure hope that your aren't required to maintain your weight loss for this competition. With your current approach, you'll be back where you started in no time, unless you keep up the fad diet.

To answer your question, I guess if you eat 1 plain egg with 1 cup coffee with 1 tbsp butter/oil, then you're within the rules.

I started keto because of the competition. I’m sticking with it because I feel great, I was just looking for a little bump. For the last week is all.

And what do you mean my current approach?

It’s been three months.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Will egg help me poop?
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I give it credit for a good name. Egg fast. I see what they did there.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    hey, the egg fast is back!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Eggnog
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    errm.. fasting involves consuming no calories

how can it be a fast if you consume eggs butter and cheese?
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    I thought from the title it was gonna be ways to cook an egg... fast.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    Eggnog

with a shot of whiskey! Does that count?

I had heard about the egg fast but didn't take the time to look it up. Now I know.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    The OP isnt answering quick enough for my big nose, so i went and googled it

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast.html

"What is an egg fast? It’s a (short term) diet that consists of primarily eggs, cheese, and butter. For each egg you eat, you should eat a corresponding Tbsp of pure fat in the form of butter, olive oil, or coconut oil. You can also eat a corresponding Tbsp of full fat cheese per egg. Doing this will result in an extremely low carb, high fat, moderate protein intake that will kickstart your body into fat burning mode."

"after reading through the threads it seems that the biggest issue people have is gaining the weight back when you go back to regular LCHF or keto. Across the board it seems that at least 90% of the people doing it will gain at least a portion of the weight lost back – "

Kickstart & fat burning mode......yep, sounds legit :D
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I sure hope that your aren't required to maintain your weight loss for this competition. With your current approach, you'll be back where you started in no time, unless you keep up the fad diet.

To answer your question, I guess if you eat 1 plain egg with 1 cup coffee with 1 tbsp butter/oil, then you're within the rules.

I started keto because of the competition. I’m sticking with it because I feel great, I was just looking for a little bump. For the last week is all.

And what do you mean my current approach?

It’s been three months.

3 months is just a short time when you compare that to the rest of your life to maintain.
  • Pumpkin34_160
    Pumpkin34_160 Posts: 40 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »

3 months is just a short time when you compare that to the rest of your life to maintain.

Obviously, lol. I’m completely content with slow and steady, I’m realistic. It’s just at the moment, I’m in a comp, that’s it.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Can I drink BCP during a egg fast?

What is BCP?

I googled and got "Better Concrete Products". I'm thinking that's not it.

:D
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Better Capital Planning? We could all do with a little of that...

I know that's right!
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    The only person who has talked to me about an egg fast before now was a sweet, precious elderly man with no boundaries who I bumped into over Tupperware at a thrift store about 3 years ago.

Either he was incredibly hip and ahead of his time, or this is some nonsense.

I'm not judging. I just wanted to thank you for reminding of his whiskery little face.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Why I would never join a weight loss...or a water drinking...competition.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    I think I would genuinely rather just fast for seven days than only eat eggs and butter. And I like eggs and butter!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »

Obviously, lol. I’m completely content with slow and steady, I’m realistic. It’s just at the moment, I’m in a comp, that’s it.

In that case, BPC should be fine if you're doing this to get rid of water weight. It's just fat and won't refill your glycogen stores (or stall your weight loss unless you're overeating). Good luck and hope you don't get suckered into any other aggressive comp in the future.