Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    So I have a great couple of weeks of macros! And I'm telling you all because no one in my real life cares! :lol: 32% protein 34% carbs and fat this week, a slight deviation from last week: 31% protein, 35% carbs and 34% fat. I've been working really hard to get the protein up from ~ 25%.

Cooked 3.3 pounds of chicken breast last weekend, 6 servings of quinoa and a dozen egg white/turkey sausage/quinoa muffins for breakfast. Need to hit the store again tomorrow.

Wow, I want to be like you when I grow up :D I'm having an awful time trying to eat more protein. I get tired of chicken breasts really easily, plus I have a hunch that the oversized chicken breasts I get at the supermarket are pumped full of hormones (1 breast can be almost 300gr!). Organic, hormone free chicken is just not available where I live in SE Asia. Neither is turkey or cottage cheese. So there go three sources of lean protein out the window. The bit I do get is mostly from eggs and that fishy chicken. Maybe I'll just have to try and find some protein powder to supplement my intake...

I want to be like this me, too! :lol:

Protein shakes are a part of my protein. I drink one a day. It’s portable food when my meetings all run together and I don’t have time to chew.

Sorry about the lack of decent chicken. I also eat a ton of egg whites and some hard boiled eggs.

Also lovelovelove Skyr Icelandic yogurt. 120-130 caps for 150 grams, 15g protein, 11 sugar. Soooo yummy!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    So ... something a little new for me here ... I realize this is a public forum, but it seems like a good place to ask here, in this thread. In the last month or so, several young women have friended me who appear to have very scary issues with consuming enough food.

I'll accept any request, why not? I think. But this cluster of women is different. The ones who have open diaries have daily calorie goals of 666, 800, 400 calories that they don't seem to be meeting (I started looking at diaries hoping I was misunderstanding the comments coming across my news feed). I haven't made comments and am not personally affected in any way. Their bios say they want to lose vanity weight and most of them are in recovery from eating disorders or state they have an active one. Most are in college. I think a couple started the trend and the rest friended the friends of their new friends. But part of me is wondering why they friended me in the first place. I can't imagine I would come across as someone supporting this level of unhealthy (not) eating behavior.

Could it be your user name? I do not know the connections of it or if there are any connotations to it, sorry, just trying to guess here. No idea otherwise, I tend to steer clear of all that and actively delete undereaters cos triggers and cannot handle that without resorting to being annoyed, frustrated and worried at the behaviour.

Could be. I have a Ph.D. in Psychology. Maybe it was subconscious in their thinking. :wink:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, like the new profile pic @Psychgrrl!! I don't think I've seen one of you as an adult before :D

And only one protein shake a day?? I've just had one for afternoon snackus (choc with dark choc peanut butter), and have another logged for bedtime snackus, double sized strawberry with berry sorbet. It has been suggested that I need a shake intervention...
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,780 Member
    Options
    @Psychgrrl there is something different about you today!!!! :confounded:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm hardly as engaging on my wall feed as I am in the forums, so if anyone is under eating, it slips by me. I'm only aware if they post something that warrants a reason to even look at their diary. Or if I'm bored enough, I may randomly look at a diary or two.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Usually on those friend request waves, I'll take them if they can read and indeed include a note in the request.
    But then I'll make a note to comment on their diary closing being under badly, especially when I saw a workout that day.
    Like "hope you'll get something useful from that workout with so little food, always a bummer to get nothing from hard effort", or when the complaining starts of slow loss "body is probably under massive stress so increased water weight, don't worry, I'm sure you are losing some other weight, hope it's only fat though".

Just enough to see if they are interested in asking to educate themselves more, or just wanting to do the same old thing that doesn't work and wanting to support to do it.
    Usually I'll get dropped after a few times.
    That way I don't have to support stupidity.

Strangely I've had someone that keeps coming back and friend requesting me again and again after a while of kicking me out, but I think they are mental and forgetting.
    In that case I even got other people commenting how low her diary was and not really a good idea.

Right! It's perplexing that people who ask for friends to "help them along their weight loss journey" don't want to hear constructive input that would actually help, just general cheerleading, high-fives and hugs.
  • anubis609
    Options
    Were they keto? Lol.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Btw, anyone friended new people lately and not seeing their feed? I've seen nothing from the feeds of my two newest friends except for the first day!!!! :disappointed:
  • anubis609
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Btw, anyone friended new people lately and not seeing their feed? I've seen nothing from the feeds of my two newest friends except for the first day!!!! :disappointed:

Not that I've noticed.. does my feed problem still happen on your end?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I've been having feed issues that I can't figure out -- but I also admit that I'm lazy, and haven't looked at my settings in a while. For some reason, none of *my* activity is showing up on my feed. (I promise, anyone here with whom I'm friends, that I have not died and fallen off the planet.)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Neither you nor Nony Anubis, yet I could see your diaries and posts the first day.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Neither you nor Nony Anubis, yet I could see your diaries and posts the first day.

Aw :( If it helps, I'm not posting anything exciting, or even closing my diary half the time!
  • anubis609
    Options

I really have no idea why. Other than seeing my daily workouts and log streak every 5 days, there's nothing exciting on my feed either. I hardly close my diary except when I remember that button exists. Status updates are rare and are probably a trailing sh|tpost from other social media.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    heybales wrote: »
    Usually on those friend request waves, I'll take them if they can read and indeed include a note in the request.
    But then I'll make a note to comment on their diary closing being under badly, especially when I saw a workout that day.
    Like "hope you'll get something useful from that workout with so little food, always a bummer to get nothing from hard effort", or when the complaining starts of slow loss "body is probably under massive stress so increased water weight, don't worry, I'm sure you are losing some other weight, hope it's only fat though".

Just enough to see if they are interested in asking to educate themselves more, or just wanting to do the same old thing that doesn't work and wanting to support to do it.
    Usually I'll get dropped after a few times.
    That way I don't have to support stupidity.

Strangely I've had someone that keeps coming back and friend requesting me again and again after a while of kicking me out, but I think they are mental and forgetting.
    In that case I even got other people commenting how low her diary was and not really a good idea.

Right! It's perplexing that people who ask for friends to "help them along their weight loss journey" don't want to hear constructive input that would actually help, just general cheerleading, high-fives and hugs.

Yes, help in that case is not pointing out there tire is flat, but rather to drive along side them and tell them they can make it riding on a flat.
    Nevermind the damage done.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have a question that is technically for anyone, but perhaps most specifically for @anubis609 since he's mentioned it on this thread a couple of times. I totally get the logic of doing either high carb or high fat but not both because they would compete with each other over which got to be used as energy and which was stored—plus it detracts from one's protein allotment. I was wondering if 'one or the other' was best done habitually, or if day by day was just as good. Like today I've got loads of fat and protein but low carbs. Tomorrow I've got a restaurant dish I want to eat at a place I'm meeting a friend that is high carb but low fat. I also realise none of this is make-or-break, certainly not in the short term, but looking at the menu got me wondering about a general 'best practices approach'. Thanks!
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Minimum fat levels for males and females? And fiber levels?

(I tend to think .25g/lb male .35/lb female; 38g and 26g.... but....what about you?)