I need no carb recipes

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    So the all meat diet, basically? Seems odd your doctor wouldn't want you to have vegetables, maybe ask for a referral to a dietitian so it's clear?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    OP...

.....Is there anyone out there.....????
  • Gracie12311
    Gracie12311 Posts: 44 Member
    I think she’s gone. I’m wondering who would believe they could lose a pound a day....not trying to be snarky either.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    This must be a joke :D
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    May be your doc said 1lb a WEEK?. This will be doable if you decrease amount of carbs. Try losagna without spagetti, enstead layer with zuccini or egg plants
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    butter and bacon diet - zero carbs!!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    #1 your doctor well he needs his right to practice pulled.

#2 low carb recipes are easy, go grab a piece of meat of your liking and cook it the way you like and season it the way you like. then eat it
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Zucchini, Yams, Onions, Carrots and celery all in a roasting pan with a drizzle of Extra virgin olive oil and you have a delicious meal.. Also make vegetable soup its very inexpensive.. The list goes on...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I'm not gone and no this was NOT a joke but it is nice to see that some of you seem to think it's funny. Most of the people in this program are looking to lose 150+ pounds. I'm not.

So what does their experience have to do with you?
    Dr Samual is actually a obgyn and everything he said was just crazy. I could not believe this doctor wanted me to lose a pound a day. Insane!!! The dietitian said not to listen to a word he said. She made me much better.

Pretty sure I suggested before that you see a dietitian, so good!
    The medication you take for 90 is adipex.

From wiki: Phentermine has some similarity in its pharmacodynamics with its parent compound, amphetamine, as they both are TAAR1 agonists,[6] where the activation of TAAR1 in monoamine neurons facilitates the efflux or, release into the synapse, of these neurochemicals; at clinically relevant doses, phentermine primarily acts as a releasing agent of norepinephrine in neurons, although, to a lesser extent, it releases dopamine and serotonin into synapses as well.[5][7] Phentermine may also trigger the release of monoamines from VMAT2, which is a common pharmacodynamic effect among substituted amphetamines. The primary mechanism of phentermine's action in treating obesity is the reduction of hunger perception, which is a cognitive process mediated primarily through several nuclei within the hypothalamus (in particular, the lateral hypothalamic nucleus, arcuate nucleus, and ventromedial nucleus). Outside the brain, phentermine releases norepinephrine and epinephrine – also known as noradrenaline and adrenaline respectively – causing fat cells to break down stored fat as well.

Also, I agree with others that it's a bad idea to give it to someone with a drug abuse background (and really most people who just need to lose weight). I hope you informed your doctors of your history.
    That's not what I want to do.

Good! But from what you say below you ARE taking the adipex, no?
    This is my last 30 days on the adipex but I will continue to see the dietitian.

Also, you had said your doctor wanted you on a low carb diet, but the practice seems to recommend a standard healthy diet, not "no carb" (although with some woo about foods encouraging weight loss):

"...individuals looking to healthily lose weight should eat:

More fruits (not fruit drinks): It is recommended that the typical 2000-calorie/day diet contain at least 2 cups of fruit

More vegetables: Dark, leafy greens, the different types of peas and beans, and orange veggies (carrots, winter squash, sweet potatoes, etc.) especially promote healthy weight loss

Lean Proteins: Lean meats and poultry that has been baked, broiled, or grilled

Less saturated fats and salt: Less than 10% of your daily calorie intake should be from saturated fatty acids; salt intake should be limited to about one teaspoon per day

Although these are the most common ways to change up the foods you eat in order to bring about weight loss, you should consult a healthcare professional to see which foods will best encourage weight loss for you."
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    I'm not gone and no this was NOT a joke but it is nice to see that some of you seem to think it's funny. Most of the people in this program are looking to lose 150+ pounds. I'm not. I have met multiple people there who are losing a pound a day. So yes it is possible. I never had a weight problem till I got rid of my drug problem. December 10th will be 4 year's clean for me. I'm not high but I'm not happy with myself. Dr Samual is actually a obgyn and everything he said was just crazy. I could not believe this doctor wanted me to lose a pound a day. Insane!!! The dietitian said not to listen to a word he said. She made me much better. The medication you take for 90 is adipex. Witch I'm sure lot's of you have heard of and apparently people lose a pound a day like it's nothing. That's not what I want to do. I have almost killed myself for year's and now it's time to put myself back together. I have lost 30 pounds so far. I went back to the doctors office the week of the 8th and seen the Drs son who is also a obgyn and he said I'm doing great. I'm starting for the first time in my life do something good for myself. This is my last 30 days on the adipex but I will continue to see the dietitian. I'm eating less than 1260 calories a day and I stopped drinking pop. I'm only drinking water and unsweetened tea and sometimes minute maid light lemonade. Witch I like. I'm making life changes to improve myself. Please if you are going to get on here and make nasty comments, please just keep them to yourself. Dr. Samual is way off saying he wanted me to lose a pound a day. No doubt about it but my dietitian is helping me with eating better. Sugar was my big issue. It wasn't that I was over eating, it was what I was eating....

Wait - you’re in recovery for drug addiction and your doctor gave you amphetamines?

Very good point - OP does your doctor know that you're in recovery? Because that ought to have precluded him giving you Adipex.
  • fannydavis21
    fannydavis21 Posts: 29 Member
    My drug addiction wasn't speed and adipex is not the same as amphetamines. I have narcolepsy and at one time had to take amphetamine just to stay awake. I have been sober 4 year's December 10th. I am doing what I can to do this the right way.