I NEED SOME MOTIVATION, ASAP.

Options
Hi guys. So it is 1 pm where I live and I just woke up. My boyfriend went to work at 10, I even had breakfast before that, but I just felt lazy and frustrated and went back to sleep and wound up here, after noon, doing nothing.

Excessive sleeping makes me lazy. It makes me feel groggy and exhausted, because I slept too deep and getting up is hard. :( The problem is that yesterday was my rest day, and I am NOT taking a rest day today. I don't need to. However, I'm feeling lazier and more blah than ever, and since my boyfriend is at work for a few more hours, I have no one to motivate me. But I need to workout before he gets home because we have plans tonight.

Help? Maybe just help remind me how good I'll feel afterwards. Idk. Sorry if I'm being whiney, I just can't seem to get the motivation

:sad:

Replies

• Ness8411
    Ness8411 Posts: 44
    Options
    If you work out, you can even have a small dessert for dinner.
    Working out will make you feel better free antidepressant...
    Get up stand and just stretch if nothing else. No need to change.
    Hope it helps
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You can't wait around for your motivation to appear. Sometimes you have to drag it along kicking and screaming behind you. Get up and change into your exercise clothes. Once you've gotten that far you're practically halfway there!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    drink a cup of coffee and then get moving, at least walking! exercise always wakes me up. i work a 9 hour day and then have about -10 motivation to do anything after work, but i still run 4-5 times a week because i know after that i feel great and will have more energy than i did all day.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i know it's hard sometimes to get going! Stand up NAO, do 50 jumping jacks, go put your workout clothes on get off the internet and gooooooooooooooooo

:laugh:
  • MsWallwoman
    MsWallwoman Posts: 161
    Options
    Remember your "why". Why do you workout? Why do you eat healthy? Why do you want this more than anything?
    Focus on your dreams. They will not happen by wishing for them, make them happen! Come in! Get up and get going! You got this! That lazy feeling holding you back... Are you going to let it win? Are you going let go of your dreams? HELL NO! Get up get up get up! Think of how good it will feel to get that workout done. Be a champ not a chump! Get'er Done! You can do this. Come on. Right now! Up up up. Get up and get going! Yaaaa! Go go go!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Yep. Whining. Get out out there and do the workout. :smile:
  • janie12835
    janie12835 Posts: 75
    Options
    You will get the exercise in before he comes home! Tell yourself to just start by walking around your home, maybe cleaning up. If you're like me getting kick-started is the whole problem. Just start moving! I am right there with you, same thing with getting up too late today. Waiting for an email from DH to let me know when he's heading home. MOVE! I think you're the reason I checked here before getting outside to do weed eating. I'm going now. MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The time it took to post this and wait for responses, you could be doing your workout.

Afterwards, oh man... it's like you just conquered the world. The best part of my day is why I get to shut off Shawn T from Insanity. :) You can do this.
  • IloveMe4444
    Options
    Hi, I know exactly how you feel... Im groggy all the time and my boyfriend is the only one who has been supporting me in this and hes gone all week and is over 2 1/2 hours away. Im having to support myself to do it and motivate me to get around and do things. I just set goals for myself and what I want to accomplish, and don't give up. That's also easier said then done! But after you get done what you want its ok to reward yourself. It can be with going out somewhere or doing something that makes you feel good just whatever you want. I don't know if this helps but Im sure you can do it! :smile:
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And usually I do just get off my *kitten* haha. BUt today I just feel depressed. Had a rough week, and I just didn't feel like getting up and I miss my boyfriend. But I'm going to get up now, eat a super energizing and healthy lunch, clean my kitchen, get in my workout clothes and KICK SOME *kitten*!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    2 years ago I was ICU because all I did was take rest days.
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Dry your eyes Princess, and put your workout panties on.

You've lost 24lb so far and I bet you didn't do that by sitting on your *kitten* feeling sorry for yourself.

Now get out there, suck it up and make us all proud!

(hugs)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Motivation is literally the desire to do things. It's the difference between waking up before dawn to pound the pavement and lazing around the house all day. It's the crucial element in setting and attaining goals—and research shows you can influence your own levels of motivation and self-control. So figure out what you want, power through the pain period, and start being who you want to be.

So basically..no one can give you motivation. You have to find that yourself.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Working out will give you energy.
    Sometimes when you feel blah, you want to eat -- because your body is looking for an energy boost, and you feel too tired to do anything active. But by working out you are releasing the stored energy -- and you end up feeling more energetic, not more tired.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Let your awesomeness be your motivation. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1058568-can-you-tell-the-difference
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    sorry, but i'm fresh out of spare motivation. but perhaps you could stop waiting for Magical Motivation to fall from the clouds and just go work out anyway? you know, because you said you were going to do it today?
  • gilliam53
    gilliam53 Posts: 1
    Options
    You are doing a great job. Don't give up! get moving and before you know it you'll feel better and more motivated! Get your self moving!
    :bigsmile:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Let the enticing hues and new layout of MFP's facelift be your motivation!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    sorry, but i'm fresh out of spare motivation. but perhaps you could stop waiting for Magical Motivation to fall from the clouds and just go work out anyway? you know, because you said you were going to do it today?

Don't listen to him, he is a negative nelly.

I will motivate you.

Less talk about your boyfriend though. Motivating is a two way street. I need to be motivated to motivate you, and couples stuff really "takes the wind out of my sails" if you catch my drift.

Deal?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Don't listen to him, he is a negative nelly.

I will motivate you.

Less talk about your boyfriend though. Motivating is a two way street. I need to be motivated to motivate you, and couples stuff really "takes the wind out of my sales" if you catch my drift.

Deal?

^Worth every penny