Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Just stay fat.

Don't wanna stay fat? Get the hell up.

You're welcome.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    What kind of music do you like? Turn on something you LOVE, and dance around to it to get your blood stirred up! For me, the music is anything Latin: salsa, rhumba, cumbia!
    I need to take my own advice! I can only walk or dance in place right now, because of all the weight I've put on my arthritic knees.
    Best wishes!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    ^Worth every penny

I have motivated MFP user Joy_Joy_. She knows of what I speak. She was at first quite uncomfortable and even possibly offended by my offer.

However, we got her from 5 pounds lost to 65 pounds lost without a second of pain.

It's worth considering.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    sorry, but i'm fresh out of spare motivation. but perhaps you could stop waiting for Magical Motivation to fall from the clouds and just go work out anyway? you know, because you said you were going to do it today?

Hi sorry, but I don't need your negativity. :) Just needed a little push, and I accomplished what I needed to. I do that to myself literally every day, and today I just needed some words of encouragement and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    sorry, but i'm fresh out of spare motivation. but perhaps you could stop waiting for Magical Motivation to fall from the clouds and just go work out anyway? you know, because you said you were going to do it today?

Don't listen to him, he is a negative nelly.

I will motivate you.

Less talk about your boyfriend though. Motivating is a two way street. I need to be motivated to motivate you, and couples stuff really "takes the wind out of my sails" if you catch my drift.

Deal?

Haha no problem. I live with my boyfriend and all my friends and family are 1000 miles away. So he's kinda all I got ;p But sure thing.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I didn't even read anything but the title. Just lace up your tennis shoes and go for a walk, run or whatever.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Let the sunshine in and put the music on................get started and dont stop!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I go to bootcamp and play softball. Having an awesome instructor and fun team members is what brings me back. I am RARELY self motivated enough to do a meaningful work out on my own. Is that you? Get buddies or find a team! I can do amazing things in the right setting but I would never do them alone.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    MFP, where telling someone they don't actually need motivation or words of encouragement from complete strangers to go workout is seen as being negative. I love it here.

You can't always count on Magical Motivation or the kind words of strangers, but you can learn to count on yourself and hold yourself accountable for accomplishing your goals. I wish you the best of luck in all of your fitness goals.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Wearing yoga pants? Put on sneakers and go out for a walk, do it hurry before you think twice. You shouldn't have to rely on someone else for motivation, it's best you do that on your own.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Haha no problem. I live with my boyfriend and all my friends and family are 1000 miles away. So he's kinda all I got ;p But sure thing.

See even now you're still . . . listen, I have to be able to pretend like you and I have a future if I'm going to motivate you. It doesn't need to be real but you at least have to put some heart in it.

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?? Back in my day, when a damsel was in distress, she would bat her eyelashes.

Now we want to pretend like we're all snapping towels at one another's posteriors in the locker room.

This is insanity.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    In nut shell, you do it for You and nobody else, let me tell you I was diagnosed last year with something incurable, I thought I was handed a death sentence, but I had a choice and I did everything the drs told me not to, I cycle for me, workout in the heat, for me, run for me, and guess what one year later and I am okay because it is for me, I've had to change my diet And push myself physically why? My motivation move or die the choice is yours..so choose wisely and stop making excuses when there is none.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Hi sorry, but I don't need your negativity. :) Just needed a little push, and I accomplished what I needed to. I do that to myself literally every day, and today I just needed some words of encouragement and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.

That wasn't negativity. that's what you need to be listening to. Basically, he's saying..JUST DO IT. motivation comes and goes. It is fickle and fleeting, Make a commitment to yourself and just do it...even when you don't want to.

I love people that just say it as it is.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as negativity when people tell you that you alone have the power to motivate yourself. It's empowering! If the strength and will to do what you need to do comes from within and not from other people, then other people can't stop you from achieving your goals. It's all up to you, and that's a great thing.

Other people can motivate and that's great, but you can't count on them to drag you along kicking and screaming, or even to push you all the time. You are the person you can trust to get yourself where you want to go. Take whatever encouragement you can from other people and be grateful for it, but understand that it isn't necessary for success.
  • paintitbeautiful
    Options
    I'm fairly new here, I figured I would chime in on this one. The way I motivate myself (when I'm struggling) might seem silly, but I watch an episode of the biggest loser (pretty much any episode) because it makes me take a look and myself and think "if these people who are almost twice my size can manage to do this every day, I CAN too". Then I do my workout immediately after so I don't lose my motivation. My confidence is much better after I conquer the workout I didn't think I would be able to do.