Healthy food doesnt fill me up

Options

Replies

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    In the UK it is recommended that you get 800 g (10 servings) or more of fruit and veg. (Fries and crisps don't count). I think if you focused on hitting this minimum, and also added in lean meats and healthy fats in carefully measured amounts, you would likely find that it keeps you quite full.

Wow, 10 servings a day is a lot.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    The other way to get full is to eat large quantities of very low calorie foods

Lettuce, cucumber - make a green salad to eat with meals

mushrooms - 100g is 10 cals, a typical punnet is 250g so for 25 cals you can fill the stomach

The other tip is psyllium. Psyllium swells in the stomach and is prove to help keep you full longer

http://www.ergo-log.com/psyllium-boosts-chance-of-successful-weight-loss.html

Swap the low fat yoghurts for either a high fat one or, preferably, a high protein one like Fage 0% fat

Make thick soups with lentils, beans, squashes, sweet potatoes, they will fill you up nicely
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ahh wow u guys have helped me out so much, think il make and add few changes to my diet, some really great ideas there my mouths watering already lol :)
    Also im a big fan of cups of tea so il cut back on them and ive heard green tea, peppermint tea and lemon tea r good
    Thank u everyone once again :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Wenever i eat healthy it doesnt seem to satisfy me and fill me up, just wondering what food r good to add to my diet which would make me feel full so i dont snack as much on sugary rubbish, any advice would be great, thank u

Sounds like your definition of "healthy food" is too narrow. How an individual food/meal fits in the context of your overall diet matters a lot more than considering that particular food/meal in isolation.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    In the UK it is recommended that you get 800 g (10 servings) or more of fruit and veg. (Fries and crisps don't count). I think if you focused on hitting this minimum, and also added in lean meats and healthy fats in carefully measured amounts, you would likely find that it keeps you quite full.

Wow, 10 servings a day is a lot.

It is, at first, but once you reset your habits and palette over a week or two, it falls into place fairly easily. You can knock out 6 servings with just a large apple and medium baked sweet potato. Although most servings are around 1/2 cup (80 g)1 tablespoon of tomato paste counts as a serving, as the tomato is so condensed, but still packed with nutrients. Also, 28 g of dried raisins counts the same as 80 g of grapes, etc. Throw in a salad (1 cup is a serving) and some legumes, and you're set for the day.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Thank u :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends. I'm always stuffed and I eat pretty healthy. I eat around 1300 calories a day
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever food you want that fits your calorie goal. Eat more of what you use to eat.
    Generally foods with protein, fats and fiber will help you feel more satisfied. You might try prelogging your food so you can see if you are getting enough of these things. If not change what you are eating a bit.

Is your calorie goal too aggressive? Are you eating more when you exercise?
  • sarahlovesfood25
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I havnt got a problem with my calorie goal which is 1450 a day i just seem to hav my meals and not feel full and no i dont seem to eat for a while after exercise
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sarah, did MFI suggest your calorie goal? For me their suggested goal is spot on. If MFI did not, then perhaps you should allow them to.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Yes it did at first it were low but i changed it :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Eat more of it. Make sure you're getting enough protein and fat, as these help satiety.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Were you ever eating 1450 and feeling full? Or were you not counting calories.

If it was when you cut calories, you might want to play with what you are eating and meal timing, and check your calorie goal. Like others said, I find protein and fiber (especially from vegetables or beans/lentils) to be filling, and refined carbs not so much. You could easily add in more protein and fiber (and maybe more fat) without eating a less healthy diet.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    I totally agree zllinds my diet mainly consists of carbs and sugar plus i love bread but i eat wholemeal, im gona take on board everyones advice cus it sounds like i need more protein and fibre in my diet. Thank u
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Wenever i eat healthy it doesnt seem to satisfy me and fill me up, just wondering what food r good to add to my diet which would make me feel full so i dont snack as much on sugary rubbish, any advice would be great, thank u

Make sure you're getting enough fat and protein
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Yes i will do
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    More protein and fat (both help to curb appetite).

Also, eat more raw veggies for your 2pm and 9pm snack cravings. If I get hungry, I like to eat raw broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with Sabra Red Pepper Hummus. Low calorie, some carbs, and very filling. A cup of veggies with about 2 Tbsp of hummus is enough to satisfy me till the next meal, or to help me get to sleep.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    I no wot calories i eat i just dont scan and log it in tht way i just do quick add!