I like this model. She has arm muscles.

Options
2»

Replies

• newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Dress just hangs on her. Like cheap curtains.

Skinny sleeves on dang near everything drive me nuts. I love the dress in my profile pic. Sleveless so its perfect for thick arms, back is see through with corseting detail.

Anyone find the "cold shoulder" look flattering? I think it's great for toned shoulders.

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Skinny sleeves on dang near everything drive me nuts. I love the dress in my profile pic. Sleveless so its perfect for thick arms, back is see through with corseting detail.

Anyone find the "cold shoulder" look flattering? I think it's great for toned shoulders.

Is that this? If so i like it XD I dont have toned shoulders :( -oops iv noticed it cut the top of the pic off...where theres just a hole in the shoulder but rest is covered

m91at2ehry1s.png
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sorry, I can't get into that look. I think I would find the gap really annoying.

I have seen some very nice dresses on others, but that is in particular, not in general. It is a bit over played.

Cheers, h.

Cross post. Yes that is the style @JaydedMiss.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Not a quality I personally find attractive on females, but tastes obviously vary wildly.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Is that this? If so i like it XD I dont have toned shoulders :( -oops iv noticed it cut the top of the pic off...where theres just a hole in the shoulder but rest is covered

m91at2ehry1s.png

Yes that's it. Pretty dress. Looks good on you. :)
    I have a blouse and sun dress like that and loved them. So I bought the sweater yesterday and love that too.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

m91at2ehry1s.png

Yes that's it. Pretty dress. Looks good on you. :)
    I have a blouse and sun dress like that and loved them. So I bought the sweater yesterday and love that too.

Thankyou :3 I do like the shoulder cut out it looks dumb but for some reason i enjoy it lol. I have saggy arms so i think to me its a good way to show a little arm without showing the sag so its a win. Even if its just a baby step :p
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

m91at2ehry1s.png

Is that a dress or a tunic? :open_mouth:
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options

Are you referring to the tops or dresses with a 3/4 sleeve and a "hole" in the shoulder area? I hate them with a passion, just like wearing expensive jeans with a hole in the knee area. I don't think that they are sexy or attractive and I don't find the look flattering.

If the model would wear a loose chain belt around her waist, I think that the dress would look better on her. Her arms are nice looking thou.

• JaydedMiss
    Options

m91at2ehry1s.png

Is that a dress or a tunic? :open_mouth:

just a tiny dress :o XD
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options

Back when I was a hippie, I literally wore cheap curtains. (Really: 1960s-70s. Curtains were 1920s-30s, though. I had embroidered net curtains that I made into a long vest, and pink satin ones made into a circle tunic + bell bottoms. Ah, youth! ;) )

Not on me, IMO. Arms/shoulders are pretty "toned" ( ;) ), but I'm wide shouldered and narrow hipped, so the proportions are goofy. Doesn't really work for me self-image-wise, either, though I've seen the style look nice on others.

Even now, I'd probably wear the right cheap curtains.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    It's nice to see arms that aren't sticks. Not bashing skinny arms at all. Many women have thicker arms (fat, muscle, or both) and wonder what clothing would look like on someone with thicker arms. Kudos to Kohls!

Sometimes I find out when I try them on - bet you and many others do, too.

I'm not super muscle-y, and not fat now, but surprisingly many tops/jackets I try on were clearly constructed for someone with waif-like arms. Seems especially common in active wear, bizarrely.

Glad it's not just me!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Are you referring to the tops or dresses with a 3/4 sleeve and a "hole" in the shoulder area? I hate them with a passion, just like wearing expensive jeans with a hole in the knee area. I don't think that they are sexy or attractive and I don't find the look flattering.

If the model would wear a loose chain belt around her waist, I think that the dress would look better on her. Her arms are nice looking thou.

I see no point in shirts with bare shoulders and sleeves. Like, seriously? My shoulders are always cold the way it is. Long before my arms are cold, my shoulders feel cold. So I don't like sleeveless things to begin with, but naked shoulders and covered arms leaves me diving for a shawl.