The answer to my TOM troubles

Options
calibriintx
calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
I'm SO relieved. I can never remember to buy enough tampons, pads, liners or chocolate before TOM. It's really distressing having to waddle into the pharmacy with a washcloth stuffed in my pants, because I forgot, AGAIN. Thankfully, someone thought up this website called helloflo. They have a plan for everyone. I'd say I'm "medium flo". :blushing: The medium flo plan gets me:

- The right amount of Regular tampons for my cycle.
- A handful of Always Regular and Nightime pads.
- A few Pantiliners, just in case. Wear them before, during or at the end.
- Some delicious treats.

AND BONUS, it Includes Shipping & Handling!!! I think their commercial describes their service precisely. Like Santa for your *ladybits.

*commercial uses the V word but we're not allowed to be anatomically correct on MFP. That would be super offensive.:huh:

Replies

• madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Interesting. I've never had to walk into the pharmacy with a "washcloth" stuffed in my pants because I didn't have sanitary products on hand. :noway:

Sounds really uncomfortable.
  • technobunny
    technobunny Posts: 131
    Options
    Diva Cup. That is all.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I've heard about these, unfortunately I can't justify the cost of it :/ I usually have a huge back log anyway, free samples bro!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Omg that is perfect for me! Do they have a super duper flow package?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Can I sign my wife up for this? Seriously I'm always having to run out and buy stuff for her at that TOM. She forgets because apparently it's a mystery still and I'm the one at the store at midnight buying "supplies" and ice cream. If I could sign her up for this it would be amazing. No more trips to the store to buy feminine products.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Never had this problem.

Wait you cant say vagina on MFP

Vagina, penis, testicles, ovaries, labia, perineum, *kitten*, prostate...just testing.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I thought everyone kept well topped up on that kind of thing just because the consequences of being caught out were so dire? I could but dream of medium flo though so perhaps I'm more wary than the average girl?

I pick mine up with my weekly shop - far more convenient than making separate arrangements!
  • calibriintx
    Options

Their heavy flo package is 5-7 days worth. Would that be enough?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Sadly no :cry:
  • FitterStrongerHappier
    FitterStrongerHappier Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    hmm.. I tend to buy bulk supplies - the fear of running out scares the crap out of me. I always have industrial amounts of toilet paper, tampons, etc on hand
  • calibriintx
    Options
    Never had this problem.

Wait you cant say vagina on MFP

Vagina, penis, testicles, ovaries, labia, perineum, *kitten*, prostate...just testing.

I'm pretty sure you'll get banned for that.:frown:
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Diva Cup. That is all.

Yup, I second this! Love mine.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    this is PERFECT for my wife!
    now she can stop buggin me and asking me to pick up tampons, and pads (with wings...without? wtf), and assorted chocolates.

Bella asks a good question....are there tiers for flow intensity?
    how many come in a package? what if its not enough?! then im gonna be going to the damn store anyway!

do they require we send back what we dont use? i can add these to my doomsday prepper kits too...pads make great bandages in the field, and they make wounds smell like baby powder (or flowers....depending on what pads ya get)

this is awesome!

thanks for posting!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I always have tampons. When I run out, I buy more. I'm glad you have found something that works for you, though. I have been at this for a very long time, though, so I would be worried if I hadn't mastered menstruation by now.
  • calibriintx
    Options

Sadly no :cry:

That is sad. Maybe you could say that you have two women in your home and that you're on the same cycle, so you get twice as much. I'm sorry about your super duper flow.:flowerforyou:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I have a friend that in her younger and wilder days (hell, maybe she was still doing this last week) would buy a box of the thick maxi pads and stick them on people's windshields with a note scribbled on in black sharpie. Sometimes she'd attach a dollar bill to a panty liner and leave it on the sidewalk for someone to pick up unawares.

Totally juvenile and stupid...but people's expressions always cracked me up. :laugh:
  • calibriintx
    Options
    this is PERFECT for my wife!
    now she can stop buggin me and asking me to pick up tampons, and pads (with wings...without? wtf), and assorted chocolates.

Bella asks a good question....are there tiers for flow intensity?
    how many come in a package? what if its not enough?! then im gonna be going to the damn store anyway!

do they require we send back what we dont use? i can add these to my doomsday prepper kits too...pads make great bandages in the field, and they make wounds smell like baby powder (or flowers....depending on what pads ya get)

this is awesome!

thanks for posting!
    Can I sign my wife up for this? Seriously I'm always having to run out and buy stuff for her at that TOM. She forgets because apparently it's a mystery still and I'm the one at the store at midnight buying "supplies" and ice cream. If I could sign her up for this it would be amazing. No more trips to the store to buy feminine products.

You guys are so nice. The reason I never have what I need is that A) It's hard to remember that TOM is every 28 days or so, and B) It's SUPER embarrassing to buy feminine supplies :blushing: so even when I do remember, I put it off. DH has been making excuses when I ask for his help, so I wind up in quite a predicament every month.:frown:

And I'm pretty sure they let you keep the leftovers. Yay!:drinker:
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It's called a calendar and it's free. Mark your start day every month. Mark how long your period lasts.

Count, using your start day as day one, 24 days ahead. Your period will start between that 24th day and the 31st day. Some people, more, hopefully not less.

Do this every month for a year or more and you will know your cycle. Take this to your gynecologist. If things get weird, or aren't regular, this will help you know and give your gyno great info. It also helps when you're trying to have a baby, and you're trying not too, although, when trying not to, Birth Control is the best.
  • calibriintx
    Options
    It's called a calendar and it's free. Mark your start day every month. Mark how long your period lasts.

Count, using your start day as day one, 24 days ahead. Your period will start between that 24th day and the 31st day. Some people, more, hopefully not less.

Do this every month for a year or more and you will know your cycle. Take this to your gynecologist. If things get weird, or aren't regular, this will help you know and give your gyno great info. It also helps when you're trying to have a baby, and you're trying not too, although, when trying not to, Birth Control is the best.

:huh: That sounds really complicated.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

:huh: That sounds really complicated.

Agree. Mine shows up when it wants to and I'm fine with that. Then again, I've always got stuff on hand and am not trying to get pregnant. I have too many important other things to track. :laugh: