Liquid Diet Advice?

Options

Replies

• aqua_marine_light
    Options
    www.rebootwithjoe.com check it out. I did the 15 detox back in Feb then just changed my eating all together. I no longer eat out or eat any processed foods. It's all about a life style change though.

juice fasting isnt for everyone but deff changed alot of peoples lives. there is a documentary for this on netflix its not cheap to juice fast though

i forget the name of the documentary im sure the website tells you

you may not want to go totally liquid but its all mind over matter....if you do go this way make sure you are getting a protein shake that is going to give you all the calories you need and all the vitamins you need..... most people wont recommend this however many people who are obese have to be put on these diets to jumpstart weightloss and train their brain but its not a long term thing. best advice i can offer you is do what is best for you. if you think this will work you will get a lot of people hating on you however whats worse being very very overweight or going on a short term liquid diet to help jumpstart your weightloss...... rember though its a lifestyle change not a diet so if you do this you will need to start a lifestyle change to keep the weight off or you will fall back into your old ways. congrats on the 93 lb loss. maybe you could get one of those floor peddlers for exercise. they require minimal exertion however will still get you a good burn in. after you get to a lower weight you can add more exercise in

Thank you.
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    What is UP with the influx of posts tonight of "...in the shortest amount of time possible", and the some whack way of going about it?

I'm sure all of us here for weight loss want results in the shortest time possible, but some of us try to play by the rules! Kinda makes me mad seeing all these people trying to cut corners and be lazy about weight loss while I work my butt off and hope to achieve weight loss "in the shortest amount of time"...yeesh :mad: :explode: :grumble:

Congrats on your "10 pound loss". Ain't nobody talking to you, about you, or anything to do with you. Cutting corners? Being lazy? Can you even read? You don't know anything about me. You have no idea what I have been doing for the last 2 years to lose the weight I've lost. I could explain some things about my situation to you to maybe help you understand better, but it's really none of your business, so I don't feel the need to do so. You and everyone else commenting on this thread need to take your negativity somewhere else.
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    my advice..don't do it and just create a 500 calorie deficit, work out more, and lose a pound of week..

also, you say you lost 60 pounds doing something similar, and gained it all back, and now you want to do the same thing that failed in the past??? Yea, that makes sense. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

No.....I never said I lost 60 pounds doing something similar. But, thanks for calling me stupid anyway. :smokin:
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    my advice..don't do it and just create a 500 calorie deficit, work out more, and lose a pound of week..

also, you say you lost 60 pounds doing something similar, and gained it all back, and now you want to do the same thing that failed in the past??? Yea, that makes sense. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Work out more? Did you even read my post? lol
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What is UP with the influx of posts tonight of "...in the shortest amount of time possible", and the some whack way of going about it?

I'm sure all of us here for weight loss want results in the shortest time possible, but some of us try to play by the rules! Kinda makes me mad seeing all these people trying to cut corners and be lazy about weight loss while I work my butt off and hope to achieve weight loss "in the shortest amount of time"...yeesh :mad: :explode: :grumble:

Congrats on your "10 pound loss". Ain't nobody talking to you, about you, or anything to do with you. Cutting corners? Being lazy? Can you even read? You don't know anything about me. You have no idea what I have been doing for the last 2 years to lose the weight I've lost. I could explain some things about my situation to you to maybe help you understand better, but it's really none of your business, so I don't feel the need to do so. You and everyone else commenting on this thread need to take your negativity somewhere else.

Hmm. "10 pound loss"? Sounds like judgement to me. Exactly what you don't want.

You asked for comments on this "diet" idea of yours, you got it. Most people tell you no, it's not the way to go. You only respond to the comments you want to hear.

Have you even consulted a doctor about this madness??
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    I would suggest against the liquid diet. You can get great results without tricking your body into doing it. Because it WILL get revenge. If you are supper low on energy, don't start with cardio. Start with weight training, just some hand weights. This will increase your metabolism, make you stronger physically, and can mitigate some of the difficulties you are having.

No one ever told me that one before......Thank you.
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options

You asked for comments on this "diet" idea of yours, you got it. Most people tell you no, it's not the way to go. You only respond to the comments you want to hear.

:yawn:
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. Honestly curious, so don't take this as an attack.

You want to do some sort of liquid diet, and you say you understand the healthy eating and exercise part that would happen afterward if you entered into a maintenance phase. My question is, if you understand how to keep the weight off after doing a liquid/crash diet why is it that you gained weight at some point in the past two years to put yourself back to only a 100lb loss? If you had lost more than that doing whatever you've been doing, why did you gain some of it back, and what are you going to do differently to keep from gaining weight back after a liquid diet?
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options

:yawn:

I apologize for that. That was very rude of me. I don't understand why my post upset you so much, but you don't have to explain. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    Maybe I should've stated this in my original post, but I thought it was a give-in. If you can answer my questions with general knowledge on the subject of juicing/liquid dieting, I'd appreciate your answers to my questions. I don't care about anyone's opinions, as a matter of fact, I'd rather if you kept them to yourself. I guaranty a juice diet is healthier than anything any of you guys are eating. So unless you are somehow qualified to answer my questions, stop cluttering up my thread......please. :)
  • melindafritz
    Options
    don't do it
    eat real food
    exercise
    stay under calories
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    And another thing.........what's with all the questions to me? Who cares? I mean really. We all know how to lose weight.....well most of us do. I have explained my situation, don't be asking me all kinds of stupid questions like I'm an idiot because I'm curious about this stuff. Please. People come here for help. And get attacked by people wanting to look like they know more about it than everyone else, when the truth is maybe 5% of the people on here actually know what they are talking about. The other 95% are just repeating what everyone else says on here. Last time I'm posting anything on this forum.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should've stated this in my original post, but I thought it was a give-in. If you can answer my questions with general knowledge on the subject of juicing/liquid dieting, I'd appreciate your answers to my questions. I don't care about anyone's opinions, as a matter of fact, I'd rather if you kept them to yourself. I guaranty a juice diet is healthier than anything any of you guys are eating. So unless you are somehow qualified to answer my questions, stop cluttering up my thread......please. :)

This is a public forum. You can't control if someone wants to add in their opinions. There are groups on MFP dedicated to juicing. You might want to try those.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Do a modified liquid diet- you drink all the liquids, but you can also eat solid foods as long as you meet your macros. Its the best of both worlds. Patent pending.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I guaranty a juice diet is healthier than anything any of you guys are eating.

tumblr_m20d2zpUH11qlf5h2o1_500.gif
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    And another thing.........what's with all the questions to me? Who cares? I mean really. We all know how to lose weight.....well most of us do. I have explained my situation, don't be asking me all kinds of stupid questions like I'm an idiot because I'm curious about this stuff. Please. People come here for help. And get attacked by people wanting to look like they know more about it than everyone else, when the truth is maybe 5% of the people on here actually know what they are talking about. The other 95% are just repeating what everyone else says on here. Last time I'm posting anything on this forum.

You sound hangry. Eat something solid. Should help.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Wow. Just......wow.

I actually had every intention of answering your questions if you first answered mine, but since you would rather b*tch about every response you get and insult everyone who uses this site, perhaps MFP isn't for you. Peace bro.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I guaranty a juice diet is healthier than anything any of you guys are eating.

tumblr_m20d2zpUH11qlf5h2o1_500.gif

QFT. I've read many inane things on this forum, but that is vying for 1st place.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    The first 3 days SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but after that you have so much energy its crazy. You really get to know your body. What got me to change was actually i seen Joe's documentry on netflix and I seen the big truck driver dude do it. I was like hey if he can do it I can. It actually motivated me. Then I played a game with myself to see how long i can go for. I also did this while quitting smoking and man the first 3 days You didn't want to me near me I was a beast lol

I bet!! ha! I can sympathize with that! Trying to kick that habit as well. I've seen that documentary, and it blows my mind! If I could afford all that food, I'd definately do some major juicing! It would have to be healthier that anything we could ever eat! Did you do the 15 day reboot? With the 5 day shopping list and all that? How much did it cost ya?

The bold point would be the logical flaw here. You want to try a juice diet, but can't afford it? It makes no sense, what do you eat now? I'm gonna go ahead and guess you eat too much processed food? Take the money you would use and just buy fresh veggies, meat, and grains. You'll be surprised how much more bang you'll get for your back. It'll be less calories overall, you'l get the SAME benefits of a juice diet, BUT you'll get a a more sustainable amount of calories, much more fiber, and less sugar. It's a much better solution and it's within your budget.

I was in bed for several months up until recently, I was diagnosed with CFS (though we eventually found out it was because my cortisol levels were sky high, i likely had an infection and it got worse after my surgery) so I know what its like to have absolutely NO energy, and every little thing you do tires you out. So I understand that exercise is out of the question. So all you got left is diet. Eat sensibly. I was eating WAY too much sugar to cope with my exhaustion, I was craving it all the time, but then I would crash and crave more. I wouldn't be surprised if you were doing the same?

Seriously, just eat all the fresh, raw veggies you can afford, plus some fresh meat and grains, and you'll feel so much better. This is what I did and it helped so much. I also replaced breakfast with protein shakes, and it helped too.

If you insist on a fast, talk to your doctor about the protein sparing modified fast, ONLY UNDER SUPERVISION!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    User deactivated. Surprise, surprise.