Oreo coma

Options
2»

Replies

• shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Exactly.....I tend to look at my caloric needs in more of a weekly perspective....and not a daily perspective. So, if I overdo one day I can underdo on another day and - for the most party - balance things out.

Now, let's look at why you are doing this? Not picking on you. We have all done this. What do YOU think is the cause of this?

I am definitely a stress eater, which I know is terrible. I also have a tendency to have an “all or nothing” attitude- and not just with food! But when I eat I either need to be on a strict plan or it’s a complete free-for-all. I am not good with “maintenance.” I don’t know if I could just eat 2 Oreos lol @shaunshaikh
    Yes, you CAN
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Exactly.....I tend to look at my caloric needs in more of a weekly perspective....and not a daily perspective. So, if I overdo one day I can underdo on another day and - for the most party - balance things out.

Now, let's look at why you are doing this? Not picking on you. We have all done this. What do YOU think is the cause of this?

I am definitely a stress eater, which I know is terrible. I also have a tendency to have an “all or nothing” attitude- and not just with food! But when I eat I either need to be on a strict plan or it’s a complete free-for-all. I am not good with “maintenance.” I don’t know if I could just eat 2 Oreos lol @shaunshaikh
    Yes, you CAN

No we can't. . LoL
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I too am at times a stress or bored eater. What has helped me besides time is getting those individual bags of bar-b-que chips. I get my little fix and when the bag is gone it is gone otherwise I could easily eat a entire family size bag watching television and not even realize it.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, I don't keep tempting foods in my apartment. I will overeat them if they are there. I have found more sensible alternatives (ie protein bars, snacks bars) that allow me to have sweets multiple times a day. On days I work, especially in the fall when sweets are plentiful, I really rely on prelogging and leave a couple hundred calories to play with at work.
  • nicolega2001
    nicolega2001 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I too could easily eat a whole sleeve of Oreos if they were around. I am at the point where I cannot have them around because they are a binge trigger for me. I've been buying the Oreo 100 calorie packs. No they are not the same but I eat those instead.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If you don't buy them you won't eat them.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Celebrate the small victories. Forgive yourself when you are less than perfect (I am constantly forgiving myself). You will be better....whatever that might mean. Slow and steady....
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a 5’3’’ pretty active female and my goal range is 120-125. On January 1st of this year I weighed 163 and have really buckled down to lose the weight. Every time I get to 125 I seem to go a little crazy eating particularly with the dessert. I’ll go through my entire day and stay in my calorie range and then eat an entire sleeve of Oreos. I don’t even like Oreos that much

I think the real question is, who doesn't like oreos?! Lol jk.

I would eat the whole thing of oreos so everytime I go to the store I remind myself that I lack self discipline and don't buy it. If my kids want some kind of snacks I let them pick what they want and its usually not something I'm big on .

I do get strong cravings for sweets. So i bought a bag of dove dark chocolate with almonds. About 40 calories a piece. So I'll eat one or two of those a day. Easier not to binge on dark chocolate than milk chocolate.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you don't buy it, you can't eat it. If your motivation to not eat random things is weightloss, that motivation is gone when you've lost the weight. It doesn't even matter if the random thing is something you don't like.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you can budget 1 or 2 of the cookies into your calorie plan, I suggest you do so.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If your husband insists on Oreos, maybe consider the multipacks that have 2-6 Oreos in little packs? That way it's a lot more trouble for you to binge on the equivalent of a whole sleeve???

For my cravings, I keep good quality bittersweet chocolate chips/discs... a small handful of chips (0.5 oz) is ~75 calories and if you eat them one by one it's pretty satiating.
  • nicolega2001
    nicolega2001 Posts: 48 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If you can control yourself to eat a reasonable sized portion (moderation), Oreo has packs of mini oreos that are about 130 calories. I treated myself this week to one that I found at Walmart.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I can't control myself when it comes to Oreos. My binges are legendary, so I typically just try to avoid having them anywhere near me.

I recommend the meringue cookie (is it a cookie? I think so). It takes a little bit of skill to make them, but if you can get the hang of it, they're GOOD and like, 15 calories each. I can binge on meringues every day. Bonus - the kids are kind of "meh" about them so I don't have to share.
  • katherinewease
    katherinewease Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I can't control myself when it comes to Oreos. My binges are legendary, so I typically just try to avoid having them anywhere near me.

I recommend the meringue cookie (is it a cookie? I think so). It takes a little bit of skill to make them, but if you can get the hang of it, they're GOOD and like, 15 calories each. I can binge on meringues every day. Bonus - the kids are kind of "meh" about them so I don't have to share.

Lol “legendary”
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You need to find a more healthy snack to satisfy cravings. Craving variety is natural - as is snacking. Try having other treats around and let yourself have a 'good treat' when you need to .
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    OREOS do that to me too!! Never was a fan but now i have about 8 a week that I fit into my macros
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    @Jancandoit7 Thanks for the advice! I definitely need to start doing this. I think I’m just getting sick of “dieting” and need to switch it up some.

Maybe you need a diet break. How long have you been at it?

And I really don't like oreos.
  • katherinewease
    katherinewease Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Jancandoit7 Thanks for the advice! I definitely need to start doing this. I think I’m just getting sick of “dieting” and need to switch it up some.

Maybe you need a diet break. How long have you been at it?

And I really don't like oreos.

I started weight watchers January 1st of this year. I stopped it in May, and just started using this site. I had a baby a year and a half ago and gained 55 lbs- now I’m 15 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I’m on the verge on maintenance- really trying to stick out 5 more lbs. I really am trying to get into a maintenance mindset of having reasonable portions instead of going crazy with sweets.