BANANA "PANCAKES"??? (egg & banana)

Options
13»

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Tried them and I agree with others. They tasted like a eggy banana. If I want pancakes I'll just make them with flour, eggs, sugar, milk and butter. Everything in moderation. Nothing wrong with that.
  • meeshbailey
    Options
    Ok I have figured this recipe out! Around 275 calories per serving.

1 small banana and 2 eggs in a magic bullett with a dash of baking powder. Blend really well.

The key is to use coconut oil in the pan. Also if you make smaller sized pancakes they will be easier to flip!

Enjoy
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed them. I wouldn't make regular pancakes just for myself, so they're good when I'm alone.

You have to blend the banana and egg really well for it to work.
  • heaarrtt
    heaarrtt Posts: 1
    Options
    add oats!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I tried them. They looked the part but I thought they were seriously gross.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I love that song. Jack Johnson is the man.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe

http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/fluffy-banana-pancakes/1703

Although I changed it a little and I use 50% wholemeal, 50% plain flour, 2 bananas and a tsp of cinnamon and some dark chocolate chips. Delicious!
  • FightingFree
    Options
    I have been making these for years- I love them! Sometimes just adding 30g wholemeal flour or oats really does help, but I think the trick to getting the texture is the temperature of your pan. Frozen bananas are incredibly yummy as well- I know a lot of people blend them up for one ingredient ice-cream, if you're a banana lover :)
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I have banana pancakes all the time. You mix up a pancake mix, and there is a very good one out there that just requires water. Throw in some diced up banana's, apples, strawberry's or blueberry's. When done cooking you then top that with a sugar free maple syrup that is yummy and virtually calorie free. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • grazer432
    grazer432 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I make them all the time. I often chuck a tsp of coconut flour in to get a better consistency and some nut butter for flavour. I found that the key is mixing it really well and making small pancakes so they are easy to flip. Also having realistic expectations, its egg and banana its not going to have the same taste and texture of a wheat pancake.
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have banana pancakes all the time. You mix up a pancake mix, and there is a very good one out there that just requires water. Throw in some diced up banana's, apples, strawberry's or blueberry's. When done cooking you then top that with a sugar free maple syrup that is yummy and virtually calorie free. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apostrophes.jpeg