Folks 40 and over?

Replies

• SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    There's several threads and groups on here you can search for, one called the 40+ Club: where all the cool kids are; another called the 40+club; another one 40+. Use the Search feature under the forums, very helpful.
  • RebeccaRN17
    RebeccaRN17 Posts: 10 Member
    Well yes...I have been over 40 for awhile now :) So I qualify! Looking to get motivated! I love MFP but need some friends so add me if you would like to!
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    I have been 40 for less than a week. I've been on here since January 2016, lost 45 pounds, basically maintaining for the last 10 months. Have a surgery coming up so not sure what will happen with my weight (any type of vigorous activity is out, out, out for at least six weeks and possibly longer).
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    44 here....over the past 3 years I have realllllly noticed a big difference in the loss of muscle/shifting of my weight and gaining weight even watching what Im eating..getting old sucks!! LOL
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    43 here, although after going from obese and sedentary to fit and healthy, I feel at least 10 years younger! I’m a runner and I’m in maintenance mode now, feel free to add :)
  • Outfielder16
    Outfielder16 Posts: 7 Member
    Just turned 47 last week - in my heart, I'm 37 though. Trying to lose a few pounds to fit back into my favorite clothes. Have played roller derby for 10 years and while I'm considered "derby jerky" at my age, I can still put a hurtin' on some of the younger skaters. Wisdom definitely works in my favor in that sport.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Just turned 47 last week - in my heart, I'm 37 though. Trying to lose a few pounds to fit back into my favorite clothes. Have played roller derby for 10 years and while I'm considered "derby jerky" at my age, I can still put a hurtin' on some of the younger skaters. Wisdom definitely works in my favor in that sport.

Good for you. I remember playing older “veteran” members of our rugby club (too many years ago now), who knew every dirty trick going; their mantra was “youth and enthusiasm is no match for age and experience”....... and the less said about how that might be interpreted more broadly, the better!
  • melanie_005
    melanie_005 Posts: 154 Member
    44 here, you can add me
  • tpcmv2003
    tpcmv2003 Posts: 13 Member
    44 next month, and trying hard to be better to myself, I've been overweight since I was a small child, and although I know all the theory of how to do this, I've never really put it into practice for long enough. I tend to do really well for about three months and then self-sabotage. Hoping to not do that ever again. Feel free to add me.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hello
    46yrs with 45 to get rid of..
    Struggling on keto after a week way off track
    Feel free to add me ..
    The road is easier to travel with a friend or a few!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    I've been doing this for awhile now maintenance for a year and a half. I find it helps to be in contact helping others as it helps me stay focused. I'm 60 I do about
    10-12 hours of cardio a week snd 6-7 hours of weight training a week.
    Hope I can keep up to ya's
  • ShyFromCanada
    ShyFromCanada Posts: 152 Member
    42 and always welcome new pals. :smiley:
  • Brighteyes813
    Brighteyes813 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello all I am just about three weeks in and would love friends so we can motivate one another. I would love to share recipe and ideas. I am proud Fifty-year-old, only twenty-five at heart. I am married to my soulmate, blessed with three kids and one grandson. I was a teen mom and my faith keeps me going.
  • mevans7165
    mevans7165 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm 46, feel free for anyone to add me. I'll be delighted to offer and receive mutual support.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    I'm 66 and you can feel free to add me. Just make sure to mention you're over 40...lol..Otherwise I might think you are someone random. I have been with this for almost 2 years, and am down 110 lbs. Have some health issues, but still tried to get to the gym everyday. Yesterday I had a tummy tuck to get rid of the excess skin, so I am entering a new phase...a maintenance phase...I am totally committed to eating and staying more healthy, but enjoying life at the same time...I would be happy to support anyone and receive support from anyone on this journey to a new lifestyle..
  • Robfitnessfortyone
    Robfitnessfortyone Posts: 11 Member
    I’m 40 and suffered a heart attack at 38. I’m now ready fitness wise to move on to the next level. Add me if you like folks. Let’s do this together.
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    43 here - I dabble in mfp - and probably could use some friends for motivation - accountability and a pick me up now and again. Add me.
  • mrw0915
    mrw0915 Posts: 40 Member
    Hello everyone. Experienced longtimer that was shelved for a while simply restarting. Though I am rather new to MFP, I am liking it so far.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    42 knocking on 43