Anybody have long-term success doing Atkins, low carb

Options
Here I am again, on another Monday and halfway through the day, I am starving and wondering if I can succeed once again doing The Atkins diet as a lifetime plan? Having lost 80 lbs on it back in 2005, I know it works. I just have to switch it up and incorporate more choices so I don't get bored. Has anyone on here successfully been doing low carb for more than a couple years, and if so, what's your secret, motivation for success, etc? Much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins and lost but didn't maintain. I can't eat that way long term. I have finally had success on MFP with low calorie eating. I've been dieting for 2 years and down 88 pounds give or take (just doing maintanence). The secret is... there is no secret. Not being sarcastic, I promise. Find what you can do for life. Make it liveable and then go forward. For me it was about learning what I could give up and what I wasn't willing to give up. I have made alot of changes over the two years and I'm much thinner and healthier but there are certain things that I am unwilling to give up (sour cream). There are things I was consuming that had to go like candy. I stay in my calorie range and I am successful. Find what works for you.
  • CTMike1980mfp
    CTMike1980mfp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins and lost but didn't maintain. I can't eat that way long term. I have finally had success on MFP with low calorie eating. I've been dieting for 2 years and down 88 pounds give or take (just doing maintanence). The secret is... there is no secret. Not being sarcastic, I promise. Find what you can do for life. Make it liveable and then go forward. For me it was about learning what I could give up and what I wasn't willing to give up. I have made alot of changes over the two years and I'm much thinner and healthier but there are certain things that I am unwilling to give up (sour cream). There are things I was consuming that had to go like candy. I stay in my calorie range and I am successful. Find what works for you.

What weekly weight loss goal did you set when you started, and did you do exercise?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lots of folks (not me, per se, but lots of others).

Check in here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group