My sister is mean :(

Replies

• nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    So...I've been working hard at the gym and now my old clothes no longer fit. I donated them and went shopping for new pants...and turns out I can fit comfortably into size 2s. My younger sister is 3 inches taller than me and we now weigh the same, but she doesn't work out at all - and is also a size 2.

So today I was showing her my new pants...and she said that my legs are "way" fatter than hers and that I'm not a "real" size 2.

I'm feeling a bit down because I thought my new pants were a NSV...but now I feel like I'm just deluding myself. :/

Anyone else have trouble shaking off mean comments? Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive about my weight but I've been working really hard and would like to hear nice things rather than mean thoughts. :(

It's called jealousy. Smile and say, "It's muscle, but thanks for noticing that I put the effort in." even if you don't feel its muscles. But seriously, it is the Green-Eyed monster spewing from every pore. Don't let her win and feel defeated. Grab a hot dress next and make her turn sixty shades red!
  • kiminggo
    kiminggo Posts: 2
    Your sister is just jealous because your legs actually looks toned up in that pants, more sexy than she can ever done it ;)

I rather have big muscles rather than stick thin limbs :D
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    woohoo 2 NSVs in one day- fitting a size 2 and making your sister jealous! Score!

Good thought...it does make me glad I only had a brother
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    I know a handful of people who slip in negative comments or judgements towards me when we're chatting. I do three things: 1) I expect nothing less from them. 2). I avoid them when I can or when I'm not in the mood for insults. 3) I completely ignore the comment or I act dumb and cheerful, ie. an observation: " wow, that wasn't a very nice thing to say" or " I wonder what made you say that." Or I agree, "yeah, I guess I'll never be as size two as you". Or, " oh gotta go, My hot boyfriend and I have an appointment at the country club." :)
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    woohoo 2 NSVs in one day- fitting a size 2 and making your sister jealous! Score!

^ THIS! ^

Yes:). This.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    The rule is, if you don't have to get them wet and/or lie down on the bed to zip them up, the pants are an NSV. Period.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member

When I was young my sister used to do that to me all the time...she would borrow my cloths and tell me they looked better on her !
    we are now 47 and 50 and I mentioned this the last time I went home to visit and she said no she never said that to me and her husnad ( who was our brother's friend when we were kids) Said yes you did ...You used to do it all the time... She couldn't believe she was that mean .................

We are great frinds now so none of that matters anymore but it did hurt when I was young...
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    That's what sisters are for!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Punch her in the neck and then tell her that your pants disagree with her.

1000x this.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    OP - you are doing great! I'm sorry that your sister is saying mean things because she now feels threatened by you.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    you're already a size 2 and you want to lose 22 more pounds?
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    I would just smile and tell her that when you go down another size, you will give her your old size 2's so she can fill them out better than you! :laugh:
  • kirakiravita
    kirakiravita Posts: 1 Member
    Find some designer pants that are "vanity sized" and labeled a zero, then show her how you actually wear a size smaller than her. ;)

My sister is still a jealous, competitive person, and she's over 40. It's their loss, not ours.
  • Absterdam
    Absterdam Posts: 50
    As the oldest of 8 (5 of us are girls), I completely understand how you feel. Just keep kicking butt in the fitness department. Don't let her words or anyone else's slow you down.
  • violet_papillon
    violet_papillon Posts: 26 Member
    I'm 5'0" and have a small frame, so 95-100 pounds is still within my healthy weight range. I set that goal a long time ago -if I only lose another 10 pounds, I will still be happy :)
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member

+1 this :drinker:
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Tell her to mind her own damn business and smack the back of her head.

Remember, it's YOUR journey, not hers. She hasn't had to walk in your shoes, and has NO right to judge.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    you're already a size 2 and you want to lose 22 more pounds?

I was thinking the same thing
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member

Yeah.. do this.
  • BuffyLynnDuffy
    BuffyLynnDuffy Posts: 11 Member
    Wondering why you feel you need to lose 22 more pounds if you are a size 2.