My sister is mean :(

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    She just wants in your pants. :flowerforyou: If you feel too self-conscious for them, she can wear them. Ignore her, she was being mean. Try something called act the opposite-next time she says something like that, give her a gracious compliment, said confidently, not meekly. "I've always thought you had beautiful legs. You can borrow these anytime." You may surprise yourself with how much better you feel. Unless she has a very lacking conscience, she will probably stop being so mean given that sort of response a few times. (If she starts taking advantage of you, abort this strategy pronto and don't let yourself get abused. Be assertive.)
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow! She is super jealous of You. Way to go!!

^ THIS!!!!
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Punch her in the neck and then tell her that your pants disagree with her.

LOL!

1st GOAL: 100kg (set on 6JUN13)
    14kg lost / 21.4 to go until next goal.
    She just wants in your pants. :flowerforyou: If you feel too self-conscious for them, she can wear them. Ignore her, she was being mean. Try something called act the opposite-next time she says something like that, give her a gracious compliment, said confidently, not meekly. "I've always thought you had beautiful legs. You can borrow these anytime." You may surprise yourself with how much better you feel. Unless she has a very lacking conscience, she will probably stop being so mean given that sort of response a few times. (If she starts taking advantage of you, abort this strategy pronto and don't let yourself get abused. Be assertive.)

This is brilliant! I'll try this...killing her with kindness :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Time to grow up...don't take her with you anymore if this is how she will react..she will soon learn and miss out on some important parts of your life. Aside from that stick some of her clothes in the washer on hot then in the dryer on high heat fold them back up and stick them in her drawer ...let her wonder how much she gained.
  • Konoshy
    Konoshy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go you. Just remember that by you working out that you will be a size 2 when she starts to get bigger later on in life.
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    kick her and kick her hard my sister said to me oh you will never get down to 150 pounds and I wanted to kill her. chances are she is just jelous
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    What's a "real" size 2? If the clothes fit the way they should, not too loose or two tight, then you're wearing size 2s. Your sister is a twit.
  • melindafritz
    Options
    Ignore her, really, and let karma do its work.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    What's a "real" size 2? If the clothes fit the way they should, not too loose or too tight, then you're wearing size 2s. Your sister is a twit.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    So...I've been working hard at the gym and now my old clothes no longer fit. I donated them and went shopping for new pants...and turns out I can fit comfortably into size 2s. My younger sister is 3 inches taller than me and we now weigh the same, but she doesn't work out at all - and is also a size 2.

So today I was showing her my new pants...and she said that my legs are "way" fatter than hers and that I'm not a "real" size 2.

I'm feeling a bit down because I thought my new pants were a NSV...but now I feel like I'm just deluding myself. :/

Anyone else have trouble shaking off mean comments? Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive about my weight but I've been working really hard and would like to hear nice things rather than mean thoughts. :(

Do you fit into those size 2s? If yes, then your legs are NOT too large and you are genuinely a size 2.

The fact your sister is jealous and doesn't like it is not your problem and if she is going to start putting you down like that, refrain from going shopping with her until she grows up.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

It's called jealousy. Smile and say, "It's muscle, but thanks for noticing that I put the effort in." even if you don't feel its muscles. But seriously, it is the Green-Eyed monster spewing from every pore. Don't let her win and feel defeated. Grab a hot dress next and make her turn sixty shades red!

ooh i like this response!

good for you for working hard and achieving your goal! your sister is jealous, nothing you can do about that.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So...I've been working hard at the gym and now my old clothes no longer fit. I donated them and went shopping for new pants...and turns out I can fit comfortably into size 2s. My younger sister is 3 inches taller than me and we now weigh the same, but she doesn't work out at all - and is also a size 2.

So today I was showing her my new pants...and she said that my legs are "way" fatter than hers and that I'm not a "real" size 2.

I'm feeling a bit down because I thought my new pants were a NSV...but now I feel like I'm just deluding myself. :/

Anyone else have trouble shaking off mean comments? Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive about my weight but I've been working really hard and would like to hear nice things rather than mean thoughts. :(

You know, its tough... but its up to you to want to define yourself by what others say or don't say! I don't flinch anymore when the hat0rs hate. They're always gonna do that! Took me a long time to get to this state of mind, but oh the bliss, the bliss! lol
  • devastation77
    Options
    Translation: "Wow, I sure do feel crappy about myself, I think I'll make myself feel better by chopping somebody else down a few notches"

Shrug it off mate. You know you're kicking *kitten*. That's all that matters.
  • wintersbeauty25
    Options
    She sounds jealous to me! But I know mean comments hurt either way. You can always tell her shes not president of the fashion club.. then parade around in your jeans :) (Yea I've been watching Daria all day...can't you tell? ) Either way Congrats for reaching your goal...:) Knock em dead
  • Jeanette1456
    Options
    I don't know your sister but maybe she has always liked being the thinner sister and can see you are donig fantasticly well. You have lost 22lb be proud and keep up the good work. Try to ignore the negative comments it is probably jealousy.
  • Me_vs_obesity
    Options
    You have muscle from working out!! thats good! She is skinny. but she is most likely skinny fat. (look it up, its EW!)

Go for a run with her or do some weight with her, you'll definitely be on top. ;)

She's probably jealous!
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is a weird form of flattery. Your sister just feels a bit threatened. That means you look great!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My sister is totally doing this to me because I'm getting fit and she's eating maple bacon donuts and posting it on Facebook. She had a baby 6 months ago and hasn't really lost any of it. She's always been thinner than me so it's killing her that I'm looking smoking hot. It isn't the first time she's treated me this way when feeling threatened by me. I just lower my expectations for people like that these days. They can suck it lol :laugh:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Your sister's a tw@t. Celebrate your NSV!