Vague thread

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Just another useless fact but...

Did you know all the clones were left handed :smile:

Not sure if I want to know purpose and intent behind that particular fact. :/

I'd like to know why you don't think you want to know tho lol

Maybe it was some sort of conspiracy theory or hidden message. Considering that approximately 85-92% of world’s population is estimated to be born right-handed which also causes some bias against left-handers as parents under societal pressure, ignorance or religious miscommunication forces their children to switch to right hand.

My father's ambidextrous actually...
    His grandmother made him use his right even though his a lefty because she believed lefties worshipped the devil lol

I'm ambidextrous...I eat and write lefty... everything else is right. Not that anyone thought I worshipped the devil but when you learn from righties that's just how it turns out

Well your lucky because the generation in which my mother came from, used to beat her for not using her right hand.

I’m curious did you find your handwriting was affected?

This was true probably until the 60's or 70's. I know friends of my parents that had their left hands tied behind their backs and that thing about the devil if you were left handed was probably true. I remember one of them was in Catholic school and the nuns used to smack his left hand with a ruler if he used it because it was the devil's work or something.

Yeah actually, in catholicism every gesture is made with the right hand, they use to believe that witch craft was done with the left in contrast
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Maybe it was some sort of conspiracy theory or hidden message. Considering that approximately 85-92% of world’s population is estimated to be born right-handed which also causes some bias against left-handers as parents under societal pressure, ignorance or religious miscommunication forces their children to switch to right hand.

His grandmother made him use his right even though his a lefty because she believed lefties worshipped the devil lol

I'm ambidextrous...I eat and write lefty... everything else is right. Not that anyone thought I worshipped the devil but when you learn from righties that's just how it turns out

Well your lucky because the generation in which my mother came from, used to beat her for not using her right hand.

I’m curious did you find your handwriting was affected?

This was true probably until the 60's or 70's. I know friends of my parents that had their left hands tied behind their backs and that thing about the devil if you were left handed was probably true. I remember one of them was in Catholic school and the nuns used to smack his left hand with a ruler if he used it because it was the devil's work or something.

Yeah actually, in catholicism every gesture is made with the right hand, they use to believe that witch craft was done with the left in contrast

I think we already did the burn witch burn memes so I'll refrain. ;)
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited March 2018
    Options

Do people always point it out to you that you are left handed? I just dont get how much it amazes people that I am a lefty, like you're 40 years old, I can't be the only lefty you have ever encountered.

In the past you were forced to use your “right hand”. If this rings true in North America as it did back home in Italy, I’m sure that would be a logical reason as to why. Obviously, depending on the generation your from. I would be devastated if I heard children were beat in todays day and age for using “the wrong hand”.

Sadly, I don't know if that thinking has been eradicated when you hear of children dying during exorcisms. :cry:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

But... you're a programmer?

ATC01GT1C10110GGTA
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Why am I NOT surprised? (said in the way of the parrot from Aladdin).
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Do people always point it out to you that you are left handed? I just dont get how much it amazes people that I am a lefty, like you're 40 years old, I can't be the only lefty you have ever encountered.

It's weird because it's not really one of those things that come up in conversation but when it does come up people are usually a little bit surprised like oh you're left handed. I think a lot of people start to notice because my watch is on my right hand and if they like the look at my watch their like ....why is your watch on the wrong side

Another leftie here. The struggle is real sometimes.
    ned-flanders-leftorium-simpsons.jpg
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

ATC01GT1C10110GGTA

So you are doing DNA computing?
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lefty here too (well, semi-ambi). Wouldn't have it any other way... although I wished otherwise as a kid.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    When you're a left you're a left till the end of your 1st cigarette to your last... wait that sounds off?

aaaaaand now that will be stuck in my head all day.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    indeterminate
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

ATC01GT1C10110GGTA

I got no idea what I am doing most days :) its a great life!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

ATC01GT1C10110GGTA

I got no idea what I am doing most days :) its a great life!

LOL life is good!
  • millionsofpeaches1
    millionsofpeaches1 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I miss you
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »

Nooooooo that's the worst voice
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    When you're a left you're a left till the end of your 1st cigarette to your last... wait that sounds off?

Unlucky theft!
  • empresssue
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »

Nooooooo that's the worst voice

No way-it's THE best!!! Plus, he was the best Aflac duck.
  • empresssue
    Options
    Am I a hindrance or a help?????
This discussion has been closed.