What We're Eating Wednesday

Options
avskk
avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
edited October 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hello again! Anyone up for another round?

Breakfast: I had a handful of potato chips and two Lindor truffles at 4AM (stupid PMS), but then rallied and ate some carrots, tomatoes, ham, and cheese (admittedly, with ranch dip) before work -- and, of course, coffee.

Lunch: will be leftover Italian sausage with Dijon-champagne mustard and a quick green salad.

Dinner: is going to be Spanish chickpeas and rice with artichoke hearts and spinach, which I meant to make last night but was too tired to futz with.

Snacks: I might have an apple between lunch and dinner, and if I want a bedtime snack I'm going to try to go for popcorn instead of chips... but I make no promises.

I am not making what you might call the best choices today, but I'm here and I'm trying. How's everyone else doing today?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Breakfast - coffee

Mid-morning snack - cottage cheese and Honeycrisp apple

Lunch - pizza and salad at a training I have to go to

Mid-afternoon snack - Quest mocha chocolate chip protein bar and a Monster Ultra Zero

Dinner - pork chop, rice, veggie

Dessert - depends on calories left. Ice cream or gummy peaches.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Shrimp in mayo in pita, milk, pomelo, broccoli.

Lunch: Rye crispbread with paté, milk, piel de sapo, beets, cheesecake (coffee flavor).

Dinner: Chili con carne (minced lamb).

Doing great :D
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    COFFEE CHEESECAKE! Did you ever know... that you're my heeeeroooo? B)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Asian pear and tempeh salad

Lunch: Black bean burger and french fries

Dinner: Falafel and vegetable bowl, probably a beer.

Snack: Dark chocolate and coconut bites
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    COFFEE CHEESECAKE! Did you ever know... that you're my heeeeroooo? B)

I made it myself too :blush:
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Kashi 7 grain waffles
    Cottage cheese
    Raspberries
    Pure Protein bar

Lunch:
    Vegetable barley soup
    Saltines
    Mini peppers

Snack:
    Fiber One cereal
    Tillamook 2% greek yogurt - strawberry

Dinner:
    Sam's choice frozen pizza, rising crust (I am tired of cooking and hubby is out of town tonight anyway)
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Breakfast: One soft-boiled egg with broccoli florets, both dashed with Cholula hot sauce; one English muffin with Country Crock light margarine; half a grapefruit
    Lunch (planned): Turkey and muenster cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and pickles; Greek yogurt; strawberries; sugar-free pudding
    Pre-workout snack (planned): One banana and Greek yogurt
    Dinner (planned): Chicken tenderloin; spinach; red potatoes; chopped salad of cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, celery, radishes, and Kalamata olives with a tablespoon of dressing and fat-free Feta on top
    Dessert (planned): Yasso yogurt pop
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Coffee

Lunch - Coffee and water

Dinner - Protein shake with chocolate milk and half a supreme DiGiornio pizza
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal, pink grapefruit juice (trying to dodge the sickness flying around my workplace)
    Snack: Apple, string cheese
    Lunch: Falafels on a flatbread with yogurt dill sauce
    Snack: Cottage Cheese, granola
    Snack: Baby carrots
    Dinner: Black bean soup
    Snack: Chocolate Fudge Bar
  • Gracie12311
    Gracie12311 Posts: 44 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Breakfast - pack of peanut butter & honey crackers
    Lunch - beef pot roast and jasmine rice
    Dinner - hopefully grilled cheese and tomato soup
    Snack - raisin bran and almond milk

I'm sick so no cooking, just leftovers and simple meals. And cereal is my comfort food so I'm factoring it in tonight for sure.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    (This is a great thread btw)

Snack: Mackerel

Brunch: White Bread, Poached Eggs, Ham & Chicken Slices, Jalepenos & Peri Peri sauce.

Snack: Custard Creams

Dinner: Wholewheat Pasta, Tomato Sauce, Grilled Chicken Legs, Jalepenos & Mackerel.

Probably add bitter lemon to go with dinner too.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Toast with PB&J, coffee
    Snack: Vector cereal with milk
    Lunch: Chicken tacos on corn tortillas with cabbage, lettuce, guacamole, salsa and cheddar cheese
    Snack 2: Protein mug cake with whipped cream, strawberries and maple syrup
    Dinner: Pork chops, roasted broccoli, farro salad, some wine
    Dessert: Ice cream (not sure yet)
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Egg sandwich that consisted of 1 scrambled egg, some cheese, Canadian Bacon and an Everthing Bagel Thin (next week, I need to reconsider the Canadian Bacon - I'm sorry Canada, but your bacon is tasteless...LOL). Fresh Blackberries, and of course, black coffee

Snack: A huge Jonagold apple from a local orchard. The Melroses are better :)

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner out on Monday (yes, sadly, 1 meal feeds me for 3 days). Spicy Pork Hot Stone Bowl (delicious!). And pickles - Extra Hot Garlic...sooo good.

Snack: Protein bar. Luna Mint Chocolate Chip. I've been told they have too much sugar, but I like them.

Dinner: Either Chicken Tacos or Chicken Fajitas. I have left over chicken breast that needs eaten that I cooked in the crock pot on Saturday. And probably a BrewDog Elvis Juice.

Nightly snack: Instant Grits and 1tsp sugar. I'm obsessed with this and eat it every night.

Should be around 1600 calories. The most I've eaten in in one day for quite a long time. GO ME! No, really, after coming off 1200 and getting really used to it, it's been hard to increase my calories. I'm working on it though...
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with psl creamer
    Lunch: Ramen with leftover peas added (not the healthiest lunch, just trying to finish off all the ramen in the house)
    Dinner: Balsamic dijon Gardein chick'n with broccoli and maybe rice or shrimp bites with french fries depending on how much time I have
    Dessert: Maybe half a cup of coffee ice cream, depending on what's for dinner.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love croissants :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm on a diet I call "my mouth hurts from dental work and I'm paranoid my crown is going to fall off for the third time this week." Also known as "unintentional liquid and soft foods diet."

Breakfast: 1/4 of a ripe cantaloupe
    Lunch: 1/4 of a mini seedless watermelon
    Dinner: Probably seafood pho

No snacks planned but thinking about making applesauce.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - big mug of tea
    Lunch - venison steak, sweet potatoes fried w onions (leftovers)
    Dinner - chili and cornbread w red wine
  • nicholethompson24
    nicholethompson24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: lots of coffee, plain greek yogurt with diced apple & kashi dark cocoa karma, one poached egg w/ salsa & hot sauce, & one half Thomas pumpkin spice english muffin with salted caramel cream cheese & trader joe peanut butter
    Lunch: leftover white chicken chili with a side of steamed broccoli, carrots & a little bit of hummus
    Afternoon Snacks: trader joe go raw trail mix, sliced apple with peanut butter, hershey special dark nugget with almond
    Dinner: trying a new recipe from damndelicious "slow cooker enchilada stack", some sort of roasted veggies & a side salad
    Dessert/Snack: halo top with crushed oreos on top & 100 calorie bag of popcorn

In addition I probably drink about 6 cups of hot tea a day - I've found this helps keep me busy when I'm bored instead of snacking.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Nothing!

Lunch: went out for lunch with friends to a Thai restaurant. Had General Thai chicken, Tom Yum soup, steamed broccoli, a spring roll and a bit of rice. Estimating around 700-800 cals.

Dinner: Probably something on the lighter side. I have some leftover ham, swiss and caramelized onion quiche. So I will have a slice of that. And some steamed broccoli.

:)