Best fruits for weight loss.

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    I pretty much love all fruits, but which ones are better?

The ones you like to eat...
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    For me whichever ones are in season, on sale and fit within my calories for the day. :smile:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    In my experience "not much" fruit is best for weight loss, but I don't think it actually has anything to do with eating or not eating fruit. Jmho.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Durian.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Frutti di Mare.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Frutti di Mare.

Ohhh yea!!!!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Raspberries... get a good amount of fiber!
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like pears bc they have so much fiber, but they are also kinda high calorie. Grapefruit are pretty low calories and they store well. I cut them up and store them in jars.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Libmatos wrote: »
    Study ketogenics, it's all over YouTube, to understand what fruits may be best for you if the goal is weight loss. Fruits are high in fructose which can lead to retention of stored fats from your liver to your abdomen, butt, etc. . I prefer cherry tomatos, Kiwis, berries, lemons, pineapples, pomegranates, and grapefruits which burn fats. While fruits are healthy due to the vitamins, the fructose causes immediate increase in insulin. Meaning- burn that energy right off or turn it into more fat. Good luck achieving good health, that's what matters.

Pineapple burns fat? Have you been reading the Beverly Hills Diet?

From 1981:
    http://people.com/archive/you-can-drop-pounds-with-the-beverly-hills-diet-but-experts-say-you-might-also-drop-dead-vol-16-no-5/

"Criticism centers rather on its dangers for those with incipient health problems that they may or may not know about—and on Mazel’s flawed, error-filled reasoning. Mazel’s diet is based on her claim that “miscombined” foods become “stuck in the stomach” and that this “undigested food turns to fat.” Saginor and others blast that notion. “It’s ridiculous,” says Saginor. “Undigested food is eliminated from the body and cannot possibly cause fat.” Mazel also states that fresh pineapple dissolves fat. Santa Monica internist Leslie Dornfield, who specializes in obesity, refutes that: “Sure, fresh pineapple has a digestive enzyme that will dissolve, say, gelatin, but that doesn’t apply to the human body.”

Things have not improved -- it all sounds so similar.

(For the record, I love pineapple and ate some with a spicy Asian salad I made last night. But it does not burn fat, and it's also kind of weird to bring up in a post on the wonders of keto.)
  • russelljam08
    russelljam08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Libmatos wrote: »
    Study ketogenics, it's all over YouTube, to understand what fruits may be best for you if the goal is weight loss. Fruits are high in fructose which can lead to retention of stored fats from your liver to your abdomen, butt, etc. . I prefer cherry tomatos, Kiwis, berries, lemons, pineapples, pomegranates, and grapefruits which burn fats. While fruits are healthy due to the vitamins, the fructose causes immediate increase in insulin. Meaning- burn that energy right off or turn it into more fat. Good luck achieving good health, that's what matters.

No, ketosis is the bodies "famine" metabolism. It is like a wasteland. The Who even wrote a song about it "It's onnnnly ketogenic wasteland"
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Nobody mentioned bananas yet? How disappointing.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ralamar1 wrote: »
    I prefer strawberries because you can have a lot of them and it's not very many calories. For example you can have a big bowl of strawberries versus one apple. To me it's a no-brainer.

I love in season strawberries, but the off season ones leave a lot to be desired.

Honeycrisp apples are coming in right now.....yum!
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love apples but starting shying away because of the calories. Now though, I weigh them and it's not really a big deal. I find them very filling and soooo sweet that they really tick several boxes for me.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I eat all the fruits. Other than citrus because of acid. Not really wild about bananas either, but they have great qualities. Fruit type is irrelavant.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned bananas yet? How disappointing.

I hear the Morning Banana diet is trending right now.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    ralamar1 wrote: »
    I prefer strawberries because you can have a lot of them and it's not very many calories. For example you can have a big bowl of strawberries versus one apple. To me it's a no-brainer.

I love in season strawberries, but the off season ones leave a lot to be desired.

Honeycrisp apples are coming in right now.....yum!

Agree, and I've been eating honeycrisps all week, delicious!