Best fruits for weight loss.

Options
Brittanygail92
Brittanygail92 Posts: 11 Member
edited October 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I pretty much love all fruits, but which ones are better?

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Whichever ones you like
  • RaymondKnight
    RaymondKnight Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I prefer strawberries because you can have a lot of them and it's not very many calories. For example you can have a big bowl of strawberries versus one apple. To me it's a no-brainer.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    The ones you really like but would not overeat.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like a variety of fresh fruit (and variety helps balance the micronutrients), but berries are my favorite because they are so multi-functional, low in calories/sugar, and high in anti-oxidants. I freeze blueberrries and strawberries and throw them into smoothies, oatmeal, make fruit toppings to use instead of syrup, bake with them etc.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The ones that fit your calories and other goals that you enjoy eating are the best.
  • SandraP311
    SandraP311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Watermelon! Full of nutrients without a lot of calories
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    None. You lose weight when you consistently eat less (fewer calories than you burn). If fruit makes it easier for you to do that, eat fruit.

Now read up on nutrition from reliable sources. You may have to investigate how to detect unreliable sources.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I pretty much love all fruits, but which ones are better?

Avocado.

No way. It doesn't take much for me to overeat avocado. I eat them like you would an apple. My only saving grace is that it's too expensive here so I rarely buy more than one fruit, if any.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love apples cause they make me feel satisfied, I guess due to the fiber, and they average about 80 calories ish. Bananas for the same reason.

I keep clementines on hand for when I want something sweet and 'indulgent'. But really, I mean, fruit is fruit.

Oh, and grapes are supposedly really great frozen, but I have sensitive teeth so I haven't tried that.

I don't think you can go wrong, so long as you're eating balanced.
  • BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mind your macros and calories, make sure it fits and eat whichever fruits you like. There is no fruit that magically does anything other than any other type of food. Calories, and macronutrients for weight loss and body composition, micronutrients for everything else = the end. Anything else is woo.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    As to the question, no specific fruits are good and bad for weight loss.

Personally, I enjoy fruit and find it satisfies me quite well. I tend to enjoy mostly local fruits and more when they are in season (when anything is), so I'm eating mostly apples now (and blueberries, since I always seem to eat blueberries). I also recently bought some pears. I tend to eat lots of clementines in the winter, and lots of different fruits (peaches, plums, melons, all berries, but especially strawberries) when in season in the summer. I eat a lot more fruit in the summer than at other times.