Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Something to do with lollipops?
    I bet I'm the only one who will get this.

No, it was my first thought, before even opening the thread.

Old people unite!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Konjac powder capsules (not Kojac) have no magical weight loss properties, nor will they fill you up. If it were so, none of us here would need mfp. Some people use konjac noodles because they have almost no calories. Unfortunately, they also have almost no taste.

A little coconut aminos (or soy sauce, which I can't eat) fixes that right up.

I've eaten them with some chopped scallions as a very low calorie snack all by themselves because they're so filling. Just dry fried, with the coconut aminos and some snipped scallions. About 40 calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    They are capsules. Two with plenty of water three times per day before meals.

Well, it's a harmless fiber.

I don't know if it will expand in your stomach.

Konjac is from a root and is perfectly safe, so it won't hurt. I just don't know if it will work.

I'd rather eat the noodles!

This.
    Konjac
    I'd rather eat the noodles too.

And I wouldn't bet that they'd do much to make you feel "full".

You might try playing around with your macros, see what helps with satiety.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I *kitten*' love the noodles. ~ A~ So much, especially as a peanut satay stir fry. Any and all of the different types of noodles (with or without tofu, even as just straight up konjac blocks).

I say learn how to eat properly rather than doing something like that. Find lower calorie dupes for things so you are able to increase portion sizes at same (or lower) calories, etc.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Konjac powder capsules (not Kojac) have no magical weight loss properties, nor will they fill you up. If it were so, none of us here would need mfp. Some people use konjac noodles because they have almost no calories. Unfortunately, they also have almost no taste.
    Oh dear, I missed the 'n' out! I really must learn to spell - or type! :s
    OK, I will stick to calorie tracking, it's worked well so far. I will bin the Konjac....................
    Thanks for your posts and good-bye from this thread.

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Old people unite!

Me too. The '91' in my user name is most definitely not my birth year.
  • Felicia22white
    Felicia22white Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used them and they worked. I felt fuller and ate less, and when I stopped taking them after a few months when results tapered off, I was able to still maintain eating less. Take a good probiotic too, it works well with fiber. You could look into digestive enzymes too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,848 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Old people unite!

Yup yup yup. Now I want a sucker/pop!

Eating fibrous foods is more filling than taking fiber pills, OP. Any fibrous foods (like high-volume low-cal veggies) can have that effect, for someone who's satiated at least partly by volume. (Some people are satiated by fats or protein or specific foods instead.)

(. . . wanders off to kitchen to find the Tootsie caramel green apple suckers that are out there somewhere . . .)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

See what I typed.

I got it too.

Some of us are obviously very old.

But his name was spelled Kojak with 2 kays.
    bvqemc414o9e.gif