Options

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Has anyone here lost weight drinking bullet proof coffee?

Yes. Because it costs $27 a cup, so there goes my lunch and dinner money.

Edit to add: I'm joking, I wouldn't drink that stuff.

Most people who try it seem to say that regardless of the health/diet benefits the butter actually tastes really good in coffee (butter is just churned cream, after all). I don't think I'd ever seek it out, but I'm not surprised that people do think it tastes good.

Switch out the coffee for sugar and rum, add some winter spices to make delicious hot buttered rum and then I'll drink it.

Butter in my coffee though? I'm good with a little milk. Suppresses my appetite without the calories.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Most people who try it seem to say that regardless of the health/diet benefits the butter actually tastes really good in coffee (butter is just churned cream, after all). I don't think I'd ever seek it out, but I'm not surprised that people do think it tastes good.

Switch out the coffee for sugar and rum, add some winter spices to make delicious hot buttered rum and then I'll drink it.

Butter in my coffee though? I'm good with a little milk. Suppresses my appetite without the calories.

I was given a butter rum shot once, couldn't drink it. Turned me off to the idea of buttered drinks.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was given a butter rum shot once, couldn't drink it. Turned me off to the idea of buttered drinks.

I would try it just to see what it tastes like but the one time I looked it up it included some kind of oil I didn't have and a specific type of butter and I said forget it.

I don't know that the added fat in the coffee would be so filling for me anyway. I already drink my coffee with a cup of either whole or 2% milk or a mixture of whole and skim and I've never felt that one was more filling than the other. And I always have that coffee along with eggs, oats, and fruit or veg. I'm probably just not a candidate for replacing breakfast with a coffee.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Fat on its own is not filling for me, and I like black coffee and am fine skipping breakfast if I want to skip breakfast, so for me bulletproof coffee would be a waste of calories even if it did not sound disgusting.

Coffee with cream can be tasty, though, although I rarely do that either.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I would try it just to see what it tastes like but the one time I looked it up it included some kind of oil I didn't have and a specific type of butter and I said forget it.

I don't know that the added fat in the coffee would be so filling for me anyway. I already drink my coffee with a cup of either whole or 2% milk or a mixture of whole and skim and I've never felt that one was more filling than the other. And I always have that coffee along with eggs, oats, and fruit or veg. I'm probably just not a candidate for replacing breakfast with a coffee.

I make it with regular butter. No oil. And a buttload of rum. I wasn't sure I'd like it but it's surprisingly non-greasy.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Buttered rum shots are gross...they're butterscotch schnapps with baileys and coconut rum. They relate to real buttered rum the same way that long island iced teas relate to real ice tea.

That said, I do not like hot buttered rum. My SO, on the other hand, can't get enough of the stuff.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I would rather drink my Monster Java Loca Moca for 200 calories and get a lot of different vitamins and minerals. It staves off my hunger until late afternoon. Tastes much better than "bulletproof coffee".
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Personnally, when I've tried it, I've had it with coconut oil vs butter.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Black coffee has 0-5 calories and tastes the best.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who eats sticks of butter like they are bananas...just peels off the wrapper and chomps down...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    I have a friend who eats sticks of butter like they are bananas...just peels off the wrapper and chomps down...

I used to know a girl like that in middle school. The thought makes me want to hurl.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

One time my dog ate two sticks of butter, then went running and threw up all over the place....

*ETA I did not give her the butter she stole it and it was thanksgiving and we ran out of butter
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options

I used to know a girl like that in middle school. The thought makes me want to hurl.

I used to do that with cream cheese when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure my parents had to think that I had some developmental issue.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Had a neighbor girl who drank syrup straight. I was an impressionable young child and I was impressed.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

One time my dog ate two sticks of butter, then went running and threw up all over the place....

*ETA I did not give her the butter she stole it and it was thanksgiving and we ran out of butter

I had a dog that ate a whole stick of butter also. It was on the kitchen table and she jumped up on the chair to get on the table. I came home to find the wrapper on the floor in front of the door. She never did get sick from it.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I just drink black strong coffee. Keeps me alert, makes me poop and kills my hunger.