Bullet Proof Coffee

Options

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I make it from time to time when I have the calories. I think it's delicious, but I can't spare a few hundred calories on one measly cup of coffee every day. :( I use this for most of my coffee as a lower calorie alternative:

919z7S6Qj3L._SY450_.jpg
    15 calories per teaspoon vs hundreds like in a cup of proper bulletproof coffee, and it still makes it creamy and frothy when I mix it up with a handheld milk frother. :)
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Eat and drink whatever you want . Just remember to count the total calories.
    BPC wont miraculously make you lose weight unless you are in a calorie deficit.

If it floats your boat and you find it helps keep your energy up and controls your appetite then you go for it.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink BPC as part of my keto lifestyle. I make it with kerrygold unsalted butter (about 1 teaspoon) and 2 teaspoons of MCT oil and some Swerve sweetener, and then blend it in the Ninja single-serving blender. It is yummy, creamy and filling. If I eat first thing in the morning, I tend to be hungrier all day, almost like it flips a switch. One cup of BPC and I'm fine just drinking water until noon. Everyone is different.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee, but I go through phases where I do. I like it then suddenly don't.

My current drink is chocolate tea with a splash of half and half. I don't eat anything until 2:00 in the afternoon.

I'm a natural breakfast skipper, though, and I think a lot of people are. My personal theory is that a lot of natural breakfast skippers discover that they are when they decide to try bullet proof coffee. There's nothing magical about it.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee, but I go through phases where I do. I like it then suddenly don't.

My current drink is chocolate tea with a splash of half and half. I don't eat anything until 2:00 in the afternoon.

I'm a natural breakfast skipper, though, and I think a lot of people are. My personal theory is that a lot of natural breakfast skippers discover that they are when they decide to try bullet proof coffee. There's nothing magical about it.

Chocolate tea? I usually don't like tea but that sounds interesting.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I just looked up bulletproof coffee just because i see this question often. It just amazes me how people will jump on the band wagon of the many trends like that is the magical solution. I mean come on just eat less.

Black coffee with unsalted butter and MCT (whatever that is ) oil??? Come on!

What's next?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Tried it a couple of times, too high in calories to be worth it and it does not produce any extra satiety effect for me, so it's basically like drinking black coffee but robbing myself of actual tasty food.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    sgtx81 wrote: »
    I drink Folgers instant with about 1/2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil, one teaspoon of Kerigold unsalted grass-fed butter, and a couple of zero-calorie sweeteners. It kills food cravings, along with my keto diet, so there is no eating between meals.

Recently I also started eating only one meal, getting all of my calories in (except for my two keto coffees) at 3 pm each day (keto+intermittent fasting). I've been losing weight pretty easily.

My calorie goal is 1900 for the day, but I don't hit 1500 including my keto coffees. Since I would need to eat nearly 4000 calories to maintain my weight, I have a pretty good calorie deficit going.

All bpc or keto coffee does is curb appetite for ya.

When do you have your Keto coffees? I want to try IF because I am overeating after dinner and not able to lose my last 10 pounds.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

It's bitter like very dark chocolate. Also called brewing chocolate. Two brand names are Crio Bru and Choffy. I prefer Crio Bru. It's expensive, but right now it's the only hot beverage (besides herbal tea) that I seem to like.

I'm weird, I like then suddenly don't like things then like them again.

Anyway, the best way to make the chocolate tea is in a French press.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

It's bitter like very dark chocolate. Also called brewing chocolate. Two brand names are Crio Bru and Choffy. I prefer Crio Bru. It's expensive, but right now it's the only hot beverage (besides herbal tea) that I seem to like.

I'm weird, I like then suddenly don't like things then like them again.

Anyway, the best way to make the chocolate tea is in a French press.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    sgtx81 wrote: »
    I drink Folgers instant with about 1/2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil, one teaspoon of Kerigold unsalted grass-fed butter, and a couple of zero-calorie sweeteners. It kills food cravings, along with my keto diet, so there is no eating between meals.

Recently I also started eating only one meal, getting all of my calories in (except for my two keto coffees) at 3 pm each day (keto+intermittent fasting). I've been losing weight pretty easily.

My calorie goal is 1900 for the day, but I don't hit 1500 including my keto coffees. Since I would need to eat nearly 4000 calories to maintain my weight, I have a pretty good calorie deficit going.

All bpc or keto coffee does is curb appetite for ya.

I know everyone is different and even I admittedly lost weight pretty quickly but please google "gallstone risk related to weight loss". While some of the 'facts' on this board can really just be dressed up conventional wisdom, an increase in gallstone risk with very rapid weight loss is very real and tangible.

At a loss weight of 5 lbs. per week, you're way over the maximum recommendation intended to limit the risk of developing gallstones (3.3 lbs/week).
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Well, I have tried it for a few days now and I have to say that Having the Bullet proof coffee in the am, has made it so I am not too hungry until about noon. So, it seems to be working. If I did not have it in the morning, I would usually be starving by about 10 am and need a snack. So for the last 3 days, I have had just lunch and dinner. We will see how long it lasts but I feel pretty good.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Keto and have lost some weight on it. BulletProof Coffee is a staple on my diet.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Well, I have tried it for a few days now and I have to say that Having the Bullet proof coffee in the am, has made it so I am not too hungry until about noon. So, it seems to be working. If I did not have it in the morning, I would usually be starving by about 10 am and need a snack. So for the last 3 days, I have had just lunch and dinner. We will see how long it lasts but I feel pretty good.

Did you previously eat any sort of breakfast prior to starting on BPC? If so, do you find the coffee more filling than another calorie source?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Has anyone here lost weight drinking bullet proof coffee?

If you hit your weight loss calorie targets, you'll lose weight. Personally, I can think of many ways I'd rather spend 120 calories than dumping a Tbsp of coconut oil or butter into my coffee.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am not a coffee drinker, so I had never heard of this, but upon doing a google search 20 bucks for a 4 pack? What the hell? Does it contain ground up black truffles?

Sounds like some enterprising person has found an audience to rape the wallets of. I am in the wrong line of work.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

That's great but.......your coffee has calories and so does your snack. So technically you're still eating before noon when you have your first "proper" meal.