Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you bring your food scale with you?

2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,215 Member
    In answer to your question - No i dont do this myself- i only weigh things at home.
    My lunch is pre packed at home anyway.

If I am in a situation where I can only estimate ,then i just estimate.
    have never logged all that acuurately myself anyway - and that works for me.

But if you want to take your scale to work, do so -. whatever works for you.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i pack my lunch at home.

ive also been doing this 4 years now and am pretty good at guessing weights/ calories when i need to. if you weigh and log consistently at home, you get pretty good at it. i maintained for a year and never (ok, rarely) touched my food scale.
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No, I prep my breakfast, lunch, and snacks at home and bring them to work.

I prep 80% at home but we have an awesome salad bar at work and I will bring my own dressing and sometimes protein but get greens, extra veggies and sometimes a protein from the salad bar downstairs.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    I couldn’t handle that level of accuracy I think I’d lose my mind. I admire the level of dedication you all have! I usually eat the same thing for lunch every day, I’ve found that if I eat while I work I’m not much tasing the food anyway and there is never time to actually slow all the way down during my work day. So I recipe build my lunches on Sunday, then I eyeball the portions into 5 containers. If I’m the only one eating the whole batch anyway I’m not concerned if Monday is more than Thursday because it’s going to even out in the end anyway.